illegal immigrants

Velvet Revolver
39 minutes ago, Mug said:

Someone from Alabama criticising liberal policies? I'm not surprised either

Untitled.png

Not from Alabama at all.

Born and raised in California, and I think Alabama is a urine-soaked hellhole.

Not to mention, Huntsville is the most liberal city in this fucking state, and I'm Mexican.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Apparently California allows illegal immigrants to obtain a driver's license if they can prove their identity and state residency—which seems unlikely for most of the people you'd actually worry about. In the context, I don't really have a problem with it. As far as I can tell from credible sources, New York requires either a social security card or waiver from the Social Security Administration for a driver's license, so I don't see how it can be done here.

I'm just going to add that I know many illegal immigrants in my area personally, since this is a heavy grape farming area and I have a family member who teaches English as a second language. The farmers here charge them taxes out of their pay, and despite the fact that they cannot and possibly will never be able to get anything back in return for those taxes and could at any moment be deported away from their family members, to a person they are happy and enthusiastic about their situation. My county's local economy would vaporize without them. Most of them risked their lives to be here and would risk their lives further by returning to Mexico. They are refugees that we just don't call refugees for some reason.

1 hour ago, typographie said:

I'm just going to add that I know many illegal immigrants in my area personally, since this is a heavy grape farming area and I have a family member who teaches English as a second language. The farmers here charge them taxes out of their pay, and despite the fact that they cannot and possibly will never be able to get anything back in return for those taxes and could at any moment be deported away from their family members, to a person they are happy and enthusiastic about their situation. My county's local economy would vaporize without them. Most of them risked their lives to be here and would risk their lives further by returning to Mexico. They are refugees that we just don't call refugees for some reason.

But think of all the Americans who are being deprived of this work!  So many Amerian's would happily stand in the blistering California sun for 12hrs a day, produce, all for minimum wage (Minimum if you're lucky) and doing it over and over again until the day they die!  ....Ohhhhhhh... Riiiiiiiiight.  American's ain't gon' do that shit.

7 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

But think of all the Americans who are being deprived of this work!  So many Amerian's would happily stand in the blistering California sun for 12hrs a day, produce, all for minimum wage (Minimum if you're lucky) and doing it over and over again until the day they die!  ....Ohhhhhhh... Riiiiiiiiight.  American's ain't gon' do that shit.

That's not even remotely the problem in the slightest. One, illegality kinda means criminal act. Two, this puts a black light on LEGAL immigrants--even those multiple generation. 

I sooooooo love having rednecks imply I'm illegal because of my tan skin when my entire family has been in Texas for decades. /s

Do you see how messed up that shit is? Thanks to illegals, regular citizens get shat on. If not for the epidemic, that bad impression wouldn't be so strong.

Has jack all to do with picking fruit in the hot sun and everything to do with breaking the law/making life hell on those who don't look like the average white American. 

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

Do you see how messed up that shit is? Thanks to illegals, regular citizens get shat on.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure your real problem is racist white fucks who assume that you 'don't belong' because you aren't white.  ...Just saying.

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

My parents both tied grapes on farms here in New York back in their youth, before it became "immigrant labor," as most kids in the 70's did. But it was work for high schoolers who needed a summer job for a few months. It's not a job for adults with ordinary American responsibilities and expenses, not then and certainly not in 2016.

3 hours ago, Mooshi said:

I sooooooo love having rednecks imply I'm illegal because of my tan skin when my entire family has been in Texas for decades. /s

Do you see how messed up that shit is? Thanks to illegals, regular citizens get shat on. If not for the epidemic, that bad impression wouldn't be so strong.

Wait—you're saying that illegal immigrants are further to blame because their mere presence makes white people in your area more racist? You're right, that is a little messed up, but I'm not convinced you understand why. :P

6 hours ago, typographie said:

they can prove their identity and state residency

State residency is simple, a paper lease and a paper bill. Identity is the harder part for them.

6 hours ago, typographie said:

The farmers here charge them taxes out of their pay

So the farmers are scamming the illegal immigrants. Great.

16 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

So the farmers are scamming the illegal immigrants. Great.

Well, philosophical question: what is "fairness" if you have no right to a minimum wage and no IRS oversight of your taxes? What does a "scam" even mean, in that case? The farmers can pay what they want, basically. The immigrants are aware they're taking risks, but they still make far more money and are far safer than they were in Mexico.

How easy is it really to prove state residency? Anytime I've ever had to prove residency (to qualify for tuition mostly), I needed to go through my local county offices and get it notarized. It seems like that is mostly out of the question for someone who can't even prove citizenship.

Over paying taxes raises the eyebrows of the CRA/IRS. So its a mum point really because they just get that money back. So the farm is profiting from the illegal immigrants. Very similar to foreign temporary workers working at Tim Hortons. The employer knows they can get away with more shit so they do it. Knowing full well the government wont punish them enough to make the company care.

Any company that does that should be getting a visit from the feds. And shut down. Then more routine regular visits for over sight. It doesnt happen. Just like weed, the feds do nothing.

it burns down to who gets the most amount of black money , there's nothing distantly relating to being good & charitable

Details separate people.

They'd rather pick on bums not paying for their fare. Harrassing the bums. Throwing them in prison. While the suits walk free.

Why do they do that? Power & Ego when in reality they themselves are the scum of the earth.... Authorities.

On 12/12/2016 at 7:46 PM, Velvet Revolver said:

I wonder what is needed to get a Cali DL.

California issues specialized licenses for illegals. They must show residency within the state and pass the driver's test. They are not required to prove citizenship or anything else and the licenses cannot be used against them to determine their citizen status or as a way of showing formal identification.

http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/ab-60-drivers-license.php

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

14 hours ago, Velvet Revolver said:

Why wont they go through the system properly and legally. Gotta wonder why

Because it's a time-consuming process that people don't want to wait through, so they think it's acceptable to enter the country and break one of our laws.

It's inhumane to deport illegal immigrants out of the U.S., lets keep them so we can exploit them for cheap labor.

-The Left

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

21 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Not from Alabama at all.

Born and raised in California, and I think Alabama is a urine-soaked hellhole.

Not to mention, Huntsville is the most liberal city in this fucking state, and I'm Mexican.

I agree on the fact that Huntsville and even Birmingham are liberal cities.  Just those two cities alone can't change the State from voting heavily red every election.  My vote was pretty darn useless down here in Houston county.

I'm amazed enough that they finally voted to allow sells of alcohol on Sunday.

5 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

It's inhumane to deport illegal immigrants out of the U.S., lets keep them so we can exploit them for cheap labor.

-The Left

Pretty much sums it up.  People down here complain about illegals, but our farmers use them to harvest crops and do field work.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

4 hours ago, Velvet Revolver said:

This is how they are down there

@4:40

Ah, that lovely episode.  Pretty much does show how a good bit of people in rural areas, smaller towns, etc. react to contradicting views to their own in these parts.  Of course, not all of us are like that, but does seem to be a good chunk in this State that act like that.

Our own State's federal probate judges were straight up denying same sex marriage license even after the Supreme Court's ruling.  Heck, a good bit of them closed their offices.  There is still several counties still denying the license.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 12/12/2016 at 5:12 AM, Velvet Revolver said:

Even today registries ask for mail, you know how easy it is to forge a bill from the gas company.

I remember paper licenses, those would be too easy to forge.

To get my license in the UK i had to provide my passport number and a photo of myself. It's much harder to get one over here if you're an illegal. The US should adopt a similar system if it is an issue.

My PC: I7 4770 (3.4Ghz)

32Gb Corsair Xms3 DDR3

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti

Asus Z87-A Motherboard

Samsung 120gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Aerocool Xpredator Evil Black

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8502026

It's called illegal immigration

Do you people even live in Texas?

I've never seen so many white laborers until I came up north for college

The way I describe how many mexican workers there are that are illegal down here, and the reactions i get from people will always make me take the opinion of someone who's not from Texas, or states close to it seriously.

Shipping sucks

Not surprised libtards cultural Marxist shitholes filled with sjws screaming about diversity and excluding white men are sanctuary cities. They get future votes and get to make America more "diverse" aka less white cuz MUH anti racism. They get more votes because these illegal immigrants are nothing but parasites that leech on the welfare state. Previously there was no welfare state or min wage so immigrants were actually a benefit now not so much. Not to mention all the crime they commit and the fact that steal college admissions from More qualified white and Asian students by way of affirmative action policies and getting in state tuition.

fuck California. Let them secede, no seriously. The Dems will never win another election ever.

we can make California our slave too, threaten to cutt off the water if they dont give half their products and tax money to the USA and if they try to get water independence by desalination plants threaten to cut off all water immediately thereby always keeping them enslaved and shoot anyone that crosses the border to the USA from California.

On 13/12/2016 at 5:45 AM, Albatross said:

I was having a discussion with a rather difficult person who refused to admit that California has been granting illegals drivers licenses. Despite showing him government websites that proved it, he was in full denial mode.

He said immigrant...not illegal immigrant. -_-

Why does anyone care. It's a meme. 

- snip-

On 14/12/2016 at 2:25 AM, Mooshi said:

That's not even remotely the problem in the slightest. One, illegality kinda means criminal act. Two, this puts a black light on LEGAL immigrants--even those multiple generation. 

Has jack all to do with picking fruit in the hot sun and everything to do with breaking the law/making life hell on those who don't look like the average white American. 

Sometimes the laws need to be broken. Coming at it from an "it's illegal" standpoint doesn't work. Remember when gay marriage was illegal? Or the women's ballot? 

- snip-

6 hours ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

Not surprised libtards cultural Marxist shitholes filled with sjws screaming about diversity and excluding white men are sanctuary cities. They get future votes and get to make America more "diverse" aka less white cuz MUH anti racism. They get more votes because these illegal immigrants are nothing but parasites that leech on the welfare state. Previously there was no welfare state or min wage so immigrants were actually a benefit now not so much. Not to mention all the crime they commit and the fact that steal college admissions from More qualified white and Asian students by way of affirmative action policies and getting in state tuition.

fuck California. Let them secede, no seriously. The Dems will never win another election ever.

we can make California our slave too, threaten to cutt off the water if they dont give half their products and tax money to the USA and if they try to get water independence by desalination plants threaten to cut off all water immediately thereby always keeping them enslaved and shoot anyone that crosses the border to the USA from California.

LMAO. 

1) if they're illegal how the hell do you think they get welfare? 

2) cali ain't seceding, and if it does it would be pretty frickin successful. You know, being the entertainment and tech powerhouse of the world. If the shit you said did happen the US would be facing action from nato. 

3) in both NY and LA white people are the largest demographic, and roughly 50% of them are men. Believe or not, your skin color and genitalia don't decide your political position. 

You are so stuck in your rhetoric that you can't see how ironically similar you are to the SJWs you so despise. Replace white with POC and welfare with Patriarchy in your statement and its practically interchangeable. Do us all a favor and go back to TD, where the level of conversation is low enough for you to get angry about and agree with. 

OR

Take a good hard look at your viewpoints and challenge them, be critical of yourself. But we both know that with happen, will it? ;)

Edit: in b4 lock

- snip-

On 12/13/2016 at 5:14 PM, Velvet Revolver said:

Why wont they go through the system properly and legally. Gotta wonder why

Because government officials and employees are terrible at their jobs on purpose.

Government loves to break something, so they can pretend to try and fix it later on.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs