illegal immigrants

Velvet Revolver

I just watched a TV show and it made me wonder.

How can illegal immigrants get state drivers licenses.

A little googling

http://immigration.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=005535

*These are all new laws from only a few years ago.

Safe Haven Sanctuary cities

The policy was first initiated in 1979 in Los Angeles, to prevent police from inquiring about the immigration status of arrestees. The internal policy, "Special Order 40", states: "Officers shall not initiate police action with the objective of discovering the alien status of a person. Officers shall not arrest nor book persons for violation of title 8, section 1325 of the United States Immigration code (Illegal Entry)."[8] These cities have adopted "sanctuary" ordinances banning city employees and police officers from asking people about their immigration status.

In Canada, Toronto and Hamilton, Ontario, have declared themselves sanctuary cities since 2014.

*This is very disheartening to me, but its city, maybe provincial and probably nothing to do with the feds

The 39 American cities are:

Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
New York
New Jersey
New Mexico
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Utah
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin

It's not really surprising. Immigration -- illegal or otherwise -- is a benefit to the economy and makes lawmakers and their lobbyists richer, so obviously they are going to do as much as they can to grant sanctuary before it hurts their public image.

Because enough stupid or undereducated people live in some cities and states that have no knowledge on how undocumented work and illegal immigration can affect the economy.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, Velvet Revolver said:

I just watched a TV show and it made me wonder.

Here I was wondering the same thing then I realised that the USA is the only country in the world.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Almost a literal third of the cities on the list are Californian cities. Somehow I'm not surprised.

So Califronia allows Illegal drivers as well as no drivers (driverless car) . What now?

Even today registries ask for mail, you know how easy it is to forge a bill from the gas company.

I remember paper licenses, those would be too easy to forge.

On 12/11/2016 at 6:14 PM, deXxterlab97 said:

So Califronia allows Illegal drivers as well as no drivers (driverless car) . What now?

Free healthcare and education for driverless cars. After that voting rights for driverless cars.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

On 12/12/2016 at 4:21 AM, Velvet Revolver said:

I'll just let Donald Trump himself to talk.IMG_5012.JPG

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I was having a discussion with a rather difficult person who refused to admit that California has been granting illegals drivers licenses. Despite showing him government websites that proved it, he was in full denial mode.

3 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I'll just let Donald Trump himself to talk.IMG_5012.JPG

He said immigrant...not illegal immigrant. -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It a pragmatic approach. Think how much it would cost to deport every illegal immigrant, and how long it would take. If you don't know where them come from, you can't send them home, if you keep them in a detention centre that is really expensive. Far cheaper to turn a blind eye, and from a tax payers perspective how much more would you be willing to pay in tax to deal with them?

3 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

Its cheap labor, pure and simple.

Cheap labor for the right, future votes for the left (after the next "This will be the last amnesty we will ever, ever, ever have").

And no, it isn't a pragmatic approach. It is just moral cowardice on the part of our leaders.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

They-took-our-gggfx8.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:45 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

Somehow I'm not surprised.

Someone from Alabama criticising liberal policies? I'm not surprised either

Untitled.png

Governments never really enforce worker safety anyways. When they do its pennies to the corps. Its should be a slice of their NW or profits to make it burn a little bit to the employers. Should also be criminal to foreman, supervisors and managers. It never is. Very rarely.

The illegal immigration is a result of the existence of minimum wage. Governments by "caring" for their citizens create a gap in the economy where there is no economic sense to do some of the jobs because of minimum wage. Then there are two courses of action - technology replaces human labor (e.g. self checkout machines in some extent) or people are still employed at the wage that makes economic sense, in this case, illegal immigrants that don't care about minimum wage, they care about getting something to eat.

Therefore it's not really the case that illegal immigration affects the economy in a good way, it just reduces the negative effect of minimum wage.

Honestly? I'm not sure. Immigration is wonderful and adding to the mixing pot is a great thing, we need more variation... But if your first act in the U.S. is to break one of our laws... Don't come here. Leave and try to get here legally. I don't think they should be able to get a license, vote, or rent any form of home.

Sink or Swim

5 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

But if your first act in the U.S. is to break one of our laws

The simple fact they are in the country illegally, they are breaking the laws.

2 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

The simple fact they are in the country illegally, they are breaking the laws.

That's my point.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

That's my point.

Why wont they go through the system properly and legally. Gotta wonder why