Intel getting lazy? Intel to license AMD Radeon IP

How to kill fanboys.

1. Do this.

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

I need to admit, they are smashing any amd cpu, they just need to improve the minimum legal value (5% year), unfortunately yes, they are lazy and amd will do it to pay their debt.

1 minute ago, PigWithAMustache said:

How to kill fanboys.

1. Do this.

This has to do with the topic?

Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock . XEON X5650 4.49ghz

1. They licensed the tech, they aren't actually using Radeon GPUs.

2. This has been posted like 4 times already.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Why is nobody reporting on this aside from the usual rumor-spreading websites?

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

I don't buy it

Hmmmm I wonder why only rumor-spreading sites would show something this outrageous. Maybe because it's BS?

Very heavy talk about this on many AMD stock forums Stock up 10% today.

2 minutes ago, Soundsystem90 said:

Very heavy talk about this on many AMD stock forums Stock up 10% today.

10% up from next to nothing it's still next to nothing though: not impressed and not about to give this any more credibility because of it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

10% up from next to nothing it's still next to nothing though: not impress and not about to give this any more credibility because of it.

Why would anyone though?

I mean you can slap your face with reality and it will just brush by liek it don't exist.

You have people like me who just spread the information and you can take it for what it is.

One calls me a fanboy, others stay on topic.. typical internet.

9 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Why is nobody reporting on this aside from the usual rumor-spreading websites?

Because it's only a rumor. I wouldn't be surprised if it's true though.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

This isn't amd selling gpus to intel, just selling Intel the right to use the patented designs of their igpus.

Technically there is already AMD tech in every modern Intel cpu because AMD owns the right to the x64 instruction set known as AMD64

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Why would anyone though?

I mean you can slap your face with reality and it will just brush by liek it don't exist.

You have people like me who just spread the information and you can take it for what it is.

One calls me a fanboy, others stay on topic.. typical internet.

Reality = Intel officially acknowledging either the licensing deal or the usage of Radeon graphics. Anything else it's just your conjecture: it doesn't becomes true even if you try really fucking hard to ridicule me, in fact it makes your opinion seem foolish.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Reality = Intel officially acknowledging either the licensing deal or the usage of Radeon graphics. Anything else it's just your conjecture: it doesn't becomes true even if you try really fucking hard to ridicule me, in fact it makes your opinion seem foolish.

You don't get the topic.

Slayer just rekt you.

1 minute ago, SLAYR said:

This isn't amd selling gpus to intel, just selling Intel the right to use the patented designs of their igpus.

Technically there is already AMD tech in every modern Intel cpu because AMD owns the right to the x64 instruction set known as AMD64

Exactly.

5 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Because it's only a rumor. I wouldn't be surprised if it's true though.

What is your basis for it?

3 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

How do we even know there's a deal there anyways? I don't know why this forum still quotes these sensational outlets when they always make bogus claims. Before you go "well they were correct about <this thing>", you throw enough shit at a window and one is bound to stick.

You don't get the topic.

Slayer just rekt you.

giphy.gif

Just now, Kloaked said:

How do we even know there's a deal there anyways? I don't know why this forum still quotes these sensational outlets when they always make bogus claims. Before you go "well they were correct about <this thing>", you throw enough shit at a window and one is bound to stick.

giphy.gif

When you think it means one thing, when it means another.

Going cold turkey on your own brain cells hurts.

Just now, Soundsystem90 said:

When you think it means one thing, when it means another.

Care to explain what you mean by that? I don't think anyone here is confused about something meaning something else. I think we all know what the topic is, but we have a disagreement about it being true.

Just now, Kloaked said:

Intel has been working towards increased iGPU performance and they realized they themselves suck at making graphics tech, hence why their plans for a dGPU failed in 2010.

Just now, Kloaked said:

Care to explain what you mean by that? I don't think anyone here is confused about something meaning something else. I think we all know what the topic is, but we have a disagreement about it being true.

Don't take the title seriously on the linked website.

Think for yourself.

3 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Intel has been working towards increased iGPU performance and they realized they themselves suck at making graphics tech, hence why their plans for a dGPU failed in 2010.

I can see that if that's the case. But mainly what I'm after is some tangible evidence that Intel is even getting into that portion of the market any more than they already have and would require outside licensing from AMD to aid in their venture.

Don't take the title seriously on the linked website.

Think for yourself.

You're literally calling me out for thinking for myself.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

I can see that if that's the case. But mainly what I'm after is some tangible evidence that Intel is even getting into that portion of the market any more than they already have and would require outside licensing from AMD to aid in their venture.

Unfortunately, that is the nature of rumors. I imagine increased iGPU performance would be might handy with heterogeneous computing which could be a valid reason. Intel is losing major customers due to competition from ARM, IBM, and custom accelerators like Google's thing-ma-bob (I was too lazy to look up the name).

3 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Unfortunately, that is the nature of rumors. I imagine increased iGPU performance would be might handy with heterogeneous computing which could be a valid reason. Intel is losing major customers due to competition from ARM, IBM, and custom accelerators like Google's thing-ma-bob (I was too lazy to look up the name).

If they wouldn't keep cutting their staff I would buy that idea, but you do make sense.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

If they wouldn't keep cutting their staff I would buy that idea, but you do make sense.

True, but automation is major factor in when it comes to unemployment and the tech industry. A lot of the jobs being cut can be done by machines so why bother with humans, machines don't complain.

9 hours ago, Kloaked said:

Intel may only be after one specific piece of intellectual property to augment in to their iGPUs. A Radeon GPU will never be used in an Intel CPU package since it just doesn't work like that, so much customization would need to be done that it would no longer be an 'AMD Radeon GPU'. As @SLAYR already pointed out the 64bit architecture in Intel CPUs is licensed from AMD and that's not only technology they have licensed from them and others already.

Sure the linked story is extremely over hyped but regardless if any licensing deal between Intel and AMD is pending then that is very good news for AMD. I would also not be surprised if part of the deal is that if Intel finds any ways to improve the licensed technology then AMD has the right to use it, Intel's R&D budget and team is massive in comparison and these deals are never one sided but it could just be a revenue play by AMD to fund other things.

Didn't Intel also license IP from Nvidia as well back in Sandy Bridge days? 

Licensing IP does not mean stick *insert vendor here*''s GPU onto the chip and call it a day. More likely, certain implementations or components that are individually licensed and utilized in what is, overall, Intel's design. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…