Nostalrius servers returning December 17th (Including trailer)

NovusBal

Source: http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/world-of-warcraft-nostalrius-servers-are-returning-this-month/

This has been a big year for World of Warcraft in more ways than one. Not only has the Legion expansion been incredibly successful so far, but a lot of attention has been brought to the possibility of legacy/vanilla servers. Legacy servers have been a hot topic ever since Blizzard lawyers sent a Cease and Desist letter over to Nostalrius, a private vanilla server provider. Since then, Blizzard’s stance on private servers hasn’t changed but the team behind Nostalrius is coming back for round two anyway.

So it seems that Nostalrius plans to follow through with earlier mentions and re-release the Legacy World of Warcraft server, this will not be to the surprise of everyone, and many will be pleased to hear about this. 

The new server will have everyone starting off fresh, however, for those that played on the previous servers you will not have access to your previous characters and data, however, they have shared previous data with another private server known as Elysium servers, where should you want to play your previous characters with access to items as if it was never gone, you can do so there.

What's my own thoughts on this? Personally, now get to the end of this part before getting the torches and pitchforks, I believe this to be a terrible move. Blizzard interacted with them, gave them professional warnings about doing this sort of stuff, but I find there most recent jest towards the re-release being similar to a child throwing a tantrum, justifying it because other individuals are supporting them. However we will see how far it goes, and if blizzard are going to stump onto them again, this time I won't look at Blizzard in such a bad light, a company does need to protect it's IP.

What is your opinion? Support this move? Think its justified but going around this the wrong way? Feel free to let me know in the comments.

blizzard should allow them to, and include them in their server selection with authentication to their server. no support from them or anything beyond authenticating and make it so you do need a wow subscription. if people really want it then they should accept it in the only viable way, without company support and community build while paying blizzard.

2 hours ago, tlink said:

blizzard should allow them to, and include them in their server selection with authentication to their server. no support from them or anything beyond authenticating and make it so you do need a wow subscription. if people really want it then they should accept it in the only viable way, without company support and community build while paying blizzard.

Yeah, stated the same elsewhere. Simply implement it in retail with subscription like such. As much as I enjoy Legion now Vanilla server always had it's unique attraction to it. Compared to retail where there are things that I and many other don't like. Be it removing some RPG elements, streamlining it and changing difficulty etc.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I might give it a try JUST to see what Vanilla Shadow Priests were like, since I didn't play one until Burning Crusade came out. But in all honesty they know exactly what's going to happen, unless Blizzard surprises everyone and decides to let them continue (perhaps under license?)

Also, holy fuck the symbolism in that video towards what happened... Also... TRIFLING GNOME! YOUR ARROGANCE WILL BE YOUR UNDOING!

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

2 hours ago, Joelbanks5 said:

I want to play WoW but I don't like that it is a subscription game.

i rather have a subscription, then a free for all, that you have to pay all the freaking items.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

9 minutes ago, PocketNerd said:

I might give it a try JUST to see what Vanilla Shadow Priests were like, since I didn't play one until Burning Crusade came out. But in all honesty they know exactly what's going to happen, unless Blizzard surprises everyone and decides to let them continue (perhaps under license?)

Also, holy fuck the symbolism in that video towards what happened... Also... TRIFLING GNOME! YOUR ARROGANCE WILL BE YOUR UNDOING!

Shadow Priest didn't exist in classic WoW, if you wanted to do any kind of group content :) If you were a priest, you healed. Full Stop.

Well, technically most of the time you were dispelling magic debuffs, but still. You weren't doing damage.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Just now, Fetzie said:

Shadow Priest didn't exist in classic WoW, if you wanted to do any kind of group content :) If you were a priest, you healed. Full Stop.

Well, technically most of the time you were dispelling magic debuffs, but still. You weren't doing damage.

Ironically that's what people say about Shadow Priests that aren't using Surrender to Madness in live... and yet I'm still allowed in my guilds raid (though we aren't doing Mythic, but that's an entirely different can of worms). So I consider that a challenge.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

time to go back to azeroth. Been a long time since i played, stopped at WotLK iirc

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

i hope they cleared this with blizzard and wont get sued again immediately 

On 5/12/2016 at 3:48 PM, PocketNerd said:

Ironically that's what people say about Shadow Priests that aren't using Surrender to Madness in live... and yet I'm still allowed in my guilds raid (though we aren't doing Mythic, but that's an entirely different can of worms). So I consider that a challenge.

Mythic guild raid leader here, we do use Shadow Priests, they use surrender to madness, dps isn't bad, it's actually pretty awesome in fights like Xavius, Cenarius and Il'gynoth. People always say silly things because they watch a video from a top guild like Method and think that's the only way to kill bosses.  

1 hour ago, ForsakenLive said:

Mythic guild raid leader here, we do use Shadow Priests, they use surrender to madness, dps isn't bad, it's actually pretty awesome in fights like Xavius, Cenarius and Il'gynoth. People always say silly things because they watch a video from a top guild like Method and think that's the only way to kill bosses.  

I think you misunderstood me a bit, I personally don't use Surrender to Madness, mainly cause I don't like the idea of what can (and for me will) go run that will result in an untimely demise. Which results in my guild joking about me being "terrible" despite pulling decent numbers in raid. That said, it is a fun talent to play around with from time to time.

I do agree with you about the silly things people say or see, community is way too focused on the race to be #1 and anything below that as being "garbage."

It's going to get shut down just like Nostalrius did. Just a matter of time

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220