RX 490 is closer than you think. Brace yourself team red.

58 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Why I am switching to team red (currently running an Nvidia 970):

switches from 5760x1080 back to three 1920x1080 monitors

Nvidia: "Oh, I better cut the display signal to all three monitors and crash the PC so that it restarts".

How is the leading graphics card manufacturer in the world, this fucking shit?

how is the bezel of 3 monitors doing for you?

1 hour ago, Zeeee said:

yeahhhhh prettty damn sure this makes zero sense. Why release a 490 in december when in 6 months vega will launch with all new cards??? Same with Volta?

Vega is not Volta. Vega is AMD, Volta is NVIDIA

No one said 490 is not Vega

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Vega is not Volta. Vega is AMD, Volta is NVIDIA

No one said 490 is not Vega

He's saying Volta will also launch, meaning a 490 would be behind the curve against Nvidia's coming line-up as well

"If you ain't first, you're last"

3 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

He's saying Volta will also launch, meaning a 490 would be behind the curve against Nvidia's coming line-up as well

Volta can not launch that early. They just launched Pascal!

18 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

They had the design made years in advance supposedly thus it is quite possible but not likely that they would bother unless Vega is actually really good, they could simply lower prices if it can't beat titan xp

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Just now, AresKrieger said:

They had the design made years in advance supposedly thus it is quite possible but not likely that they would bother unless Vega is actually really good, they could simply lower prices if it can't beat titan xp

Don't worry, I can not afford any of them anyway. Maybe a 1GB ram stick

Was just thinking the other day it would be cool if AMD launched Zen and surprised us with the launch of the 490 (possibly Vega) at the same time... 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

1 minute ago, MEC-777 said:

Was just thinking the other day it would be cool if AMD launched Zen and surprised us with the launch of the 490 (possibly Vega) at the same time... 

And then at the same time 7700k releases and 1080ti also releases

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Don't worry, I can not afford any of them anyway. Maybe a 1GB ram stick

That's exactly how I feel after Christmas and black friday and thanksgiving shopping.. rip wallet 

1 minute ago, Wolther said:

That's exactly how I feel after Christmas and black friday and thanksgiving shopping.. rip wallet 

And I did not even spend anything this Xmas or BF

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I don't think the 1080ti is going to happen at this point. The 980ti launched a year prior to the 1080 which gave it a significant amount of time to sell. This time around we have two rushed architectures which are stopgaps until Vega/Volta hit.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

The 490 has been on prisguide.no for a while now, it's probably just them trying to get views by listing a highly likely product early :)
The whole point is to make people subscribe to getting notified when a price shows up. 

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

8 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

7700k is a hot piece of shit and the 1080ti will be a $900.  How does any of that matter to people outside the 1-2% that spend that kind of money on a GPU?

The RX490 will most likely be Vega.

It wont make any sense to release anything other then that.

And i assume that Vega might be a redesigned Fiji chip.

12 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Volta alongside Vega's launch, remember Polaris didn't launch too far from Pascal at all.

9 hours ago, Carclis said:

This time around we have two rushed architectures which are stopgaps until Vega/Volta hit.

This feels like every year, it's just architectures that are meant to pave the way until "the good stuff" hahahaha

35 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

This feels like every year, it's just architectures that are meant to pave the way until "the good stuff" hahahaha

Well that seems to be quite true really. With any luck Vega will be great like AMD's 5000 series or Maxwell. It just seems to be particularly this gen that we are scraping the bottom of the barrel with no "IPC" improvements from Maxwell to Pascal and almost none from Grenada to Polaris 10.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

I dont think they would release a vega card in the 400 series. I wouldnt.

They would probably release those as 500 series. And in that case the 490 is some sort of polaris/polaris+ gpu , using more cores or do what they did in the ps PRO, where they have a mirrored gpu with something controlling all.

They would probably release those as 500 series. And in that case the 490 is some sort of polaris/polaris+ gpu , using more cores or do what they did in the ps PRO, where they have a mirrored gpu with something controlling all.

Just now, cj09beira said:

too soon for a new series. it's only been half a month

10 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

That's qn interesting idea. Having a card mimic console architecture would be appealing to developers, especially indie devs who cant buy/rent a dev console from sony. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

too soon for a new series. it's only been half a month

Maybe i wasnt clear.

I agree, it is too soon.

My prediction right now.

A rx 490 made by two 480s tweaked somewhat as a single die.

Later in 2017 they would release vega in the 500 series. (1 year apart is ok, but theres the possibility of vega occupying the 480X to 490X range)

11 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

That's qn interesting idea. Having a card mimic console architecture would be appealing to developers, especially indie devs who cant buy/rent a dev console from sony. 

Amd wants a scalable gpu, and for me that would meen, being able to use 2 silicone dies (not necessarily full gpus) so that they can improve yields. And this is a good start to achieve that goal.

15 hours ago, Mattb6288 said:

If the performance rumors are true and it comes out around the $400 price range, I might go back to AMD and sell my 980 Ti.

So pretty much a side grade?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

On 03/12/2016 at 9:50 AM, Bouzoo said:

And it's called Pro? 

and @Agost and @Carclis and anyone else

You know the word 'pro' in consumer AMD GPUs are the cut down versions of a GPU right? 

I.e. the 290 has a Hawaii pro while the 290X has a hawaii XT core and the 7950 has a Tahiti pro core while the 7970 has a tahiti XT/XT2 core.

And before you say anything about this naming scheme, AMD has been doing this since 2007 on some GPUs.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)