RX 490 is closer than you think. Brace yourself team red.

5 hours ago, Litargirio said:

Psh... if AMD was able to compete against 1080, they would already be doing so.

On performance? Of course AMD is able to compete against the 1080. It's just a matter of making a bigger chip.

The question is how much that would cost AMD, and how the thermals would be. It doesn't make sense to invest in a huge chip with high cost, terrible yields and excessive power consumption, just so they can say they match the 1080. Everyone would be buying the 1080 instead anyway.

7 minutes ago, Wolther said:

Mmm, AMD has been making improvements to multi-gpu a lot recently, so I wouldn't say that. 

And it could be many things. Could even be a mobile gpu for all we know. The chart above looks fake so I'm not gonna base any conclusions off of it

The problem with crossfire is it never comes day one, more like a few months late and it's ultimately up to the developer whether it is supported or not. As a developer would you want to support something that is not easy to implement and only 0.1% of players take advantage of? It also has issues that don't exist with single gpu solutions such as shimmering and flickering along with unpleasant frame-time variance.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

This isn't an official listing... it's just another rumor. It literally says on the site "rumor q4 launch"...

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

7 minutes ago, Carclis said:

The problem with crossfire is it never comes day one, more like a few months late and it's ultimately up to the developer whether it is supported or not. As a developer would you want to support something that is not easy to implement and only 0.1% of players take advantage of? It also has issues that don't exist with single gpu solutions such as shimmering and flickering along with unpleasant frame-time variance.

I'm not here to discuss advantages and disadvantages of crossfire, as that is derailing the thread. 

Only here to discuss what the gpu could be and if this is even trustworthy

7 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Now this is just a regular shopping site from Norway? What's Norway has to do with it.

320x.jpg

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The real question is, why can you Mark Solved on Tech News

6 hours ago, revsilverspine said:

That looks just like a reference 480 to me

That's what I said :D

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm suing my doctor!  He said he wouldn't increase my medication to this level.

I'm suing my bank... for making em poor and not able to buy a new graphics card

5 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

That we don't know, but if we're to trust leaks, it's an HBM2 which is slightly better than 1070. Slightly underwhelming for me. Was hoping it would go for 1080. And it's called Pro? 

Anyhow, rumors and leaks. 

55255_04_amd-radeon-pro-490-spotted-onli

Considering these companies notoriety for cherry picking the fuck out of benchmark this does not bodes well: I hope this is not full Vega or it will be like 40 or 50% slower than the 1080ti which is well, just fucking sad.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I doubt amd is going to release a dual GPU that is suppose to compete with a 1070-1080 first off unless they jump the price like past dual gpus it will have a smaller profit margin, secondly people buy very few dual gpus so they'd likely take a loss on the product, and third even if it wasn't a dual gpu AMD's marketing scheme has lost them general consumers so they will likely not sell well anyway given how it is already past the biggest shopping day of the year.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

This just may be oddly dual RX 480 card before Vega comes. We'll know in time yes but I don't see this being Vega at all. Benchmark wise, various leaks cause it doesn't fit performance leak shown, naming even.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

AMD playing ketchup

nVidia already had 6 months head start in this race, at this point people who wanted a very good video card went for GTX1070 or GTX1080 - and if we're to believe AIBs, they saw unprecedented sales in high end cards

and I truly hope AMD's offering won't be a dual-GPU card, that would be just sad

8 hours ago, Notional said:

Afaik the 490 is a dual 480 card? Or a full core 480? It's not VEGA.

you cant make a claim like that without any source or evidence. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

1 minute ago, marldorthegreat said:

you cant make a claim like that without any source or evidence. 

the 490 was rumored to be a dual-GPU card quite a few months ago

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

So..??? are you going to have any evidence?? 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Just now, marldorthegreat said:

evidence of what, rumors ?!?!? check the tech news topics for the last few months

14 minutes ago, marldorthegreat said:

3 hours ago, Carclis said:

That was true in the past but recently, AMD has been pretty much on point with big releases.

Now we just need a 495x2 xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

45 minutes ago, zMeul said:

It's been rumored back and forth. I mean, going by some rumors the first Vega card would have arrived 2 months ago. :S

I hope this isn't a dual Polaris card. Hopefully it's a very cut down Vega 10 if those benchmarks are accurate.

9 hours ago, Notional said:

Afaik the 490 is a dual 480 card? Or a full core 480? It's not VEGA.

i would say full core 480 with HBM2

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

23 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Now we just need a 495x2 xD 

thats going to BURN THROUGH YOU MOTHERBOARD :D yay for the R9 295x2 lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

It's supposed to be marginally better than a 1070. So it'll call come down to price point. Which will be interesting. Can't be too close to the 480, or the 1070. So it'll likely be around $350.

What's the point then, when you can get a Sapphire Fury for $300?

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM