Cards Against Humanity is Digging a Massive "Holiday Hole" for literally no reason

13CA350

The popular card game, Cards Against Humanity, has started a new livestream on their Youtube Channel Called "The Cards Against Humanity Holiday Hole" and is now accepting donations.

There is literally no purpose to this hole. On the official website, HolidayHole.com, they say that "Unfortunately" this is real. 

At the time of posting, there is roughly 14 Hours of digging left, and $5 will pay for 2 seconds of dig time. Over $88,000 has been raised so far and many $5 and $10 donations pour in every minute. 

It's unclear where this hole is, and what company is digging it. It's actually pretty interesting, they have cameras mounted inside the excavator, on the bucket of the excavator, inside the dump truck, and around the hole. I'll probably end up archiving the entire thing on my NAS, just because. I would've loved to watch this kind of thing when I was 4-5yrs old and obsessed with trucks.

Here's the link to the livestream, incase the embedded video doesn't work. (Why isn't there a preview feature?)

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 10.57.38 PM.png

Screen capture 2.png

what are they trying to hit china  or make the hole from " the Core " to drop a drill rig in

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

I wish my job was thinking of nothing and then getting paid for it. Remember last year's gift of nothing? This is a little better than that, but it's still the same thing.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

but-why.gif

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

21 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

but-why.gif

2 years ago they sold shit, literally, and last year they sold nothing and people bought it.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 hour ago, The Benjamins said:

2 years ago they sold shit, literally, and last year they sold nothing and people bought it.

they also had an anti sale where they increased the price by $5 for no reason. Another time, they sold 1' square pieces of an island. Honestly, the CAH people are amazing people and marketers, because they do batshit crazy stuff like that.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

$91,000 and a hole in the ground...not even a donation to anything. Really is in the spirit of the card game...unfortunately this isn't sarcasm.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Suppose this is proof that there are some that will literally throw money down a hole. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

59 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

$91,000 and a hole in the ground...not even a donation to anything. Really is in the spirit of the card game...unfortunately this isn't sarcasm.

from a company that sold poop, literally! how's that even remotely surprising?!?!

well, I guess they can bury UbiSoft in it xD

I realize this was already moved, but what on earth made you think this had even a wafer thin, spurious legitimacy as tech news? I really am curious because this really is next level misposting.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

10 hours ago, Suika said:

I wish my job was thinking of nothing and then getting paid for it. Remember last year's gift of nothing? This is a little better than that, but it's still the same thing.

There's nothing negative about it, not like they're screwing anyone over nor lying, they're just doing something silly and people are freely giving them money.

And OP, you're the third person I've seen post this.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

It's to bury the corpse of Hello Game's reputation.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Question is why is that number 2 on trending, barely 5000 people were watching it 

Whelp, looks like they're done.

Hole Got Dug

Okay, there's a hole now. Updates soon.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

People are still making a fuss over this?

Just some  marketing for people to react and search what's "cards against humanity" is.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

Yeah, seems like something they would do.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Stupid.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER