Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel Crowned 2013 Champion

Today marks the last race of Formula 1's 20 race calendar, which started in Melbourne, Australia and finished in New Delhi, India, and it's time we crowned a new champion. You can't really call this a spoiler as anyone whose been following the points after each race pretty much knows that Vettel will claim the title from a mathematical standpoint (there are still races left in the season, but not enough races for the next best driver to overtake in points). Still, being a four-time world champion (consecutive at that) as of 2013 is no easy feat. Vettel is a fantastic driver (I'm more of an Alonso fan) and Redbull's been giving him a fantastic car every season. Shame to see teammate Mark Webber go, but the momentum going into next year with new rules and new cars (and new teammates) should once again spice things up for us global viewers.

This is one of the many branches of motorsports that is at the forefront of all things technological and automotive; time to rejoice, and in the case of the teams, prepare for the four month hibernation until the 2014 season begins mid-March. The final points standings for this year's Formula 1 world championship are as follows:

1. Sebastian Vettel (322 points)

2. Fernando Alonso (207 points)

3. Kimi Raikkonen (183 points)

4. Lewis Hamilton (169 points)

5. Mark Webber (148 points)

Watch Vettel's post-race victory donuts here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=un-tHQV6LMA

Take a bow Vettel, you deserve it. Congratulations on winning the 2013 Formula 1 World Championship!

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Don't worry, though, Vettel haters. Formula 1 and the FIA know how to reward their winners. Immediately after the race Vettel was slapped with a €25,000 fine and an official reprimand for celebrating too much and not reporting to parc ferme.

Photo credit: Getty Images

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Not surprised, love this dude. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Good for him^^ He deserves it :)

But that last Picture though.. ahahaha

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I'm in the middle of watching Qualifying as well -.-  Not a surprise though after winning like the last 5 races in a row.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

$25,000 fine for him is like £2 for us after he won that race!

Considerably more classy than some NASCAR slob doing doughnuts in a plastic shell car covered in stickers. :P

Just to clarify the OP, there are still three more races left on the calendar and there is still an interesting battle for second in the drivers and constructors championships!

Surprisingly even after the Malaysia incident I've started to have a greater appreciation for Vettel in the last few races, and it's annoying the hell out of me!

Some of the stories that have been coming out about him just shows that he does deserve these titles; like him being the only driver to visit Pirelli when they where announced as the new tyre supplier, and just today about him visiting Red Bull after passing his driving test just to say hi. It shows that he is truly dedicated to this sport and you can only applaud him for that!

I hope that the rest of the field learn from what he is doing so they can take the fight to him next year and we can have some decent close wheel racing for first, and not second!

PC Specs: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz 1.165v, Corsair H100i + 2x SP120 PE in Pull, Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero, 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600mhz, X-fire Sapphire HD7950 3GB OC Dual X Edition, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty, 60GB OCZ Agility 3, 120GB OCZ Agility 3, 480GB Seagate 600 Series, 1TB WD Caviar Black, Corsair TX850, CM Storm Trooper, Win 7 Pro. Peripherals: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard, Logitech G700S Mouse, Sennheiser G4ME ONE Headset, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers. Phone: HTC One M8.

yay

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Gotta respect his driving consistency all season and the team excellent work on the car. Damn RB9 is really fast around and exiting corners. I'm starting to have slight suspiscion that it has some sort of traction control for that. ;)

Was kinda sad to see Webber retiring due to alternator problem. He was riding shotgun with Vettel when it happened halfway throught the race. Not really surprised that he wasn't out there celebrating the constructors championship or congratulating Vettel. That 'incident' during Malaysian GP still fresh in his memory I guess.

the moments when I can honestly say that I am proud to be German :)

Personally I am more of a GT1 / GT2 fan than formula 1, but nonetheless i am glad he brought it home once again. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

he maybe a good driver but I cant stand him ... his a stubborn bastard and not a team player. 

If he didnt get a car made out of gold basically he wouldnt win half the races i think.

hopefully kimi has a better shot next year

Its all about those volumetric clouds

he maybe a good driver but I cant stand him ... his a stubborn bastard and not a team player. 

If he didnt get a car made out of gold basically he wouldnt win half the races i think.

The guy's a winner. He'll do anything to win, and there should be more like him in F1. The team playing is bullshit; it's a race, not a game.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The guy's a winner. He'll do anything to win, and there should be more like him in F1. The team playing is bullshit; it's a race, not a game.

maybe a race but doesn't mean he can be a douche off the track ... yeah he can blow his own horn but with some decorum

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Sorry, I had to

7KN79mD.png

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I'm a Kimi Raikkonen fan but, Vettel is a good driver and Red Bull is a great team and I'm hoping for next season with Kimi on Ferrari that will be a great team to watch. Should be for some good racing next season. I hope they figure out that tires so they're not changing the compound half way through the season.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

I'm a Kimi Raikkonen fan but, Vettel is a good driver and Red Bull is a great team and I'm hoping for next season with Kimi on Ferrari that will be a great team to watch. Should be for some good racing next season. I hope they figure out that tires so they're not changing the compound half way through the season.

The problem with Ferrari is though that they're missing a master mind like Newey or Brawn. A driver can only be as good as the car. Kimi is a phenomenal driver and I think that the Ferrari will hold back his potential. 

The reason why Red Bull is so strong is because of the improvements on the car throughout the whole season. You sure did noticed, that Red Bull develops it's domination throughout the duration of the season being incredibly fast in the last 5 - 6 races in the season while having "trouble" in the first few races? I'm sure you've noticed that. :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

The problem with Ferrari is though that they're missing a master mind like Newey or Brawn. A driver can only be as good as the car. Kimi is a phenomenal driver and I think that the Ferrari will hold back his potential. 

The reason why Red Bull is so strong is because of the improvements on the car throughout the whole season. You sure did noticed, that Red Bull develops it's domination throughout the duration of the season being incredibly fast in the last 5 - 6 races in the season while having "trouble" in the first few races? I'm sure you've noticed that. :)

I agree and when the announcement that Webber was leaving F1 and Kimi mite take his place. I was really excited for that. But that didn't work out. =( I think Ferrari offered him A LOT of money to join them. (could be wrong) Red Bull racing has some master minds and that will be shown very clear watching how Daniel Ricciardo does next season in the #2 Red Bull racing car!

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Bet you've never watched the F1 of 70's & 80's. Douchebag drivers everywhere,but still really amazing races.

The problem in F1 now lately is too many amateur drivers with big fat pocket getting entry in F1. Not real talent,charisma,character like Vettel,Nico,Hamilton,perez. They can be cocky all they want,as long as they race their balls to the wall and make it interesting to watch,that would be better than watching pussy drivers crashing and dnf in every single race.