Why isnt there any SLI support for the GTX 1060?

Ramen Man
1 minute ago, YaqinHasan said:

Then why use a crossfire setup?

I beg your pardon?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

So much cancer in this post... How the hell does one say the 1060 is an entry level  card when it cost as much as a freaking rx 480... does that mean the Rx 480 is an entry level card then ? If they are, damn rx 470 is a potato and should be getting games maxed out at 1080p or be able to hold above 80 fps avg at 1440p.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1050/TI are entry level as they are the lowest cost/performance offered with pascal. 1060 is considered mid-range. 1070 is high end. 1080/Titan XP are enthusiast grade cards. 

This is is fact, I am right. If you disagree, you are not.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

15 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

So much cancer in this post... How the hell does one say the 1060 is an entry level  card when it cost as much as a freaking rx 480... does that mean the Rx 480 is an entry level card then ? If they are, damn rx 470 is a potato and should be getting games maxed out at 1080p or be able to hold above 80 fps avg at 1440p.

There are $30,000 "entry level" sports cars and there are $150,000 super sport cars. They're still considered sports cars.

4 minutes ago, Festive said:

1050/TI are entry level as they are the lowest cost/performance offered with pascal. 1060 is considered mid-range. 1070 is high end. 1080/Titan XP are enthusiast grade cards. 

Clearly we were misinformed for all these years and cards that are in the 1060's price group are the entry level cards.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

I don't know why I even bothered reading this post but here are  my thoughts about it

1) never b4 x60 cards in 2 way came near the performance of x80 or x80ti cards so.nV never bothered removing Sli option 

For the reason NEW gamers can join the fun and upgrade their rig with a second card (I know people who started this way) without the hassel of selling a x60 card and then buying a x70 card

2) a 2 way 1060 would.give more performance than a single 1080(if sli is supported) and nVidia is a company that is here to earn money,deal with it.

3) the entire issue of 2 way Sli and.HBM bridges is simply nVidia telling devs do not waste resources over 3/4 way Systems we are maxing out at 2 way give support for.this

4)If you want 3/4way Titan xp system wait till wider acceptance of LDA/MDA

5)1060 is OP for most esport games.hell even a 970 is Op if  you  are playing at1080,p  mid / high  which  my bro does and my old 970  is killing it  hell it was  good enough  with his 750ti(his first dGpu)

6) 1060 is  not meant for 1440p 144hz or4K  and any one who has a.budget for such a screen but cheaps out on Gpu is a moron (yes I have a 1070 and.I haven't yet upgraded from my 1080p 120hz panel) 

7)  threads like this perpetuates the myth Pc gaming is expensive I mean 1060 6Gb costs Inr20k here and if that is a Entry card than I.wouldn't  be able to convince people  that pc gaming can be.done on a budget bcoz most people have a budget of 30k for the entire.build I cant recommend them a 20k card I haveknow to recommend them a rx470 or 1050....so plz dont behave like a entitled member of PCMR just bcoz you have a high end rig

6 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Clearly we were misinformed for all these years and cards that are in the 1060's price group are the entry level cards.

So what is a 460 then a VGA adaptor card or the gtx 210/710 equivalent??

21 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

I see you are from Barbados, my family is from there =D been there too many times to count tbh lol 

Yes you were misinformed 

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

2 hours ago, XenosTech said:

What tier a card is, isn't determined by price bracket.

It's determined by the capabilities of the card when it launches. The 1060 is the entry level GAMING card. The 1050 and 1050Ti are MAINSTREAM cards, meaning that gaming isn't the explicit purpose of using them, and they'll have trouble running resolutions at even medium-low settings that the rest of the lineup doesn't (this generation: 1440p).

2 hours ago, XenosTech said:

1060 is an entry level  card when it cost as much as a freaking rx 480... does that mean the Rx 480 is an entry level card then ?

The entry level gaming card from the current generation of one company costing and performing in the same bracket as the high end of a high end card from the current generation of another company doesn't make the first card high end.

It's relative to said company's offerings alone. The 480 also isn't AMD's current high end card. The Fury X still holds that crown as far as gaming cards are concerned.

2 hours ago, Festive said:

You're wrong. The 1050 and 1050Ti are considered, by NVidia, MAINSTREAM cards, and the 1060 is the ENTRY level GAMING card.

Not every GPU is created for gaming. The x40(m) and x50(m/Ti) are not explicitly gaming cards, they're general use cards. The x60, x70, and x80 cards are the gaming centric cards. The x80Ti is the enthusiast grade card. The Titan cards aren't exclusively gaming cards either, they're a compromise from the consumer lineup (GTX) and prodessional lineup (Quadro).

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

45 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

You're wrong. The 1050 and 1050Ti are considered, by NVidia, MAINSTREAM cards, and the 1060 is the ENTRY level GAMING card.

Not every GPU is created for gaming. The x40(m) and x50(m/Ti) are not explicitly gaming cards, they're general use cards. The x60, x70, and x80 cards are the gaming centric cards. The x80Ti is the enthusiast grade card. The Titan cards aren't exclusively gaming cards either, they're a compromise from the consumer lineup (GTX) and prodessional lineup (Quadro).

Mainstream isnt a real term, thats bullshit. What youre calling mainstream is entry level. Entry level and 'gaming' are two completely different things but are thrown into the same category more than I would like to see.

•  

1 hour ago, Festive said:

Mainstream isnt a real term, thats bullshit. What youre calling mainstream is entry level. Entry level and 'gaming' are two completely different things but are thrown into the same category more than I would like to see.

Mainstream is a real term, not used in marketing material, but it's apparent in how some of the products are designed.

It's a differentiator between the consumer cards DESIGNED FOR FUCKING GAMING, and the cards that AREN'T.

The 1050 and 1050Ti ARE MAINSTREAM CARDS. THEY ARE NOT EXPLICITLY FOR GAMING.

The 1060 is the ENTRY LEVEL CARD MADE EXPLICITLY FOR GAMING.

There is no 'consumer' use case that uses the capability of cards like the 1060 outside of gaming. Those all fall under 'professional' use cases, where the proper cards to get are Quadro, but they often don't justify themselves to individuals over their gaming counterparts to individuals or small companies.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

44 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Mainstream is a real term, not used in marketing material, but it's apparent in how some of the products are designed.

It's a differentiator between the consumer cards DESIGNED FOR FUCKING GAMING, and the cards that AREN'T.

The 1050 and 1050Ti ARE MAINSTREAM CARDS. THEY ARE NOT EXPLICITLY FOR GAMING.

The 1060 is the ENTRY LEVEL CARD MADE EXPLICITLY FOR GAMING.

There is no 'consumer' use case that uses the capability of cards like the 1060 outside of gaming. Those all fall under 'professional' use cases, where the proper cards to get are Quadro, but they often don't justify themselves to individuals over their gaming counterparts to individuals or small companies.

a44e16b2cbeb70ae172092cecd80f16f.png
https://gyazo.com/a44e16b2cbeb70ae172092cecd80f16f

Considering the people who make the card market it towards gamers im going to go ahead and disagree with you on this one. Sure it may not be as powerful as a 1060 but it is still and entry level gaming graphics card whether you like it or not.

•  

5 hours ago, Festive said:

I see you are from Barbados, my family is from there =D been there too many times to count tbh lol 

Yes you were misinformed 

Stalker >.>

6 hours ago, Scitesh said:

So what is a 460 then a VGA adaptor card or the gtx 210/710 equivalent??

It would seem so man... I thought entry level cards were the cheap single slot cards I could stick in my mom's pentium system to gimme a boots in fps and make most games playable at med to low settings at 1080p, but from this post I've been misinformed all the time.

8 hours ago, DXMember said:

I beg your pardon?

Why are you so skeptical about SLI and multiple GPUs but you yourself use a multi-GPU setup. 

5 hours ago, YaqinHasan said:

Why are you so skeptical about SLI and multiple GPUs but you yourself use a multi-GPU setup. 

I am not...

the saying "that's what they want you to believe" is used in a situation when uncle Sam tells you lies, you believe them and someone else points out to you that they are lies

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Why... are you guys even continuing... it just doesn't seem to have a point any more...

I cant even read any relevant info that I need now that there is a massive chunk of this thread with people arguing for no reason. It's stupid.