Nintendo Banning 3DS Online Connections after Pirating the New Pokémon

MilkJugg24

Pokemon-Sun-and-Moon-500x267.jpg

Supposedly a ban wave has gone out against 3DS users pirating the new Pokemon Sun and Moon games, causing their 3DS' to lose access to any online services, including Nintendo eShop access, and access in the game itself (also Includes all other games with online access, not just Pokémon).

"Nintendo has made it so the Nintendo 3DS systems used to pirate Pokémon Sun and Moon can’t get online. Not just in Pokémon Sun and Moon, but system wide. No multiplayer on other titles, no hitting the eShop for games."

I've never heard of pirating a game that hasn't been released on the 3DS platform, so this is a first for me.

"Specifically, those who have tried to access the internet with a pirate copy of Pokemon Sun and Moon have received 15-day suspension while those who have already been affected by the ban were restricted for life time, getting a permanent block accessing to the online services of Nintendo."

So for first time offenders it's not that bad. They'll be able to play after all the hype is over, but as for the 2nd time offenders......

I guess their only option now is to buy a new DS, since they're banned by their serial number.

Source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/11/16/pokemon-sun-and-moon-pirates-hit-with-nintendos-ban-hammer-big-time/

More Sauce: http://gametransfers.com/pokemon-sun-and-moon-early-ban-for-those-who-use-pirated-copies/

And... as a friendly reminder.

LTT Code of Conduct Regarding Piracy Content:

• Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

Spoiler

TMW you're trying to save $10 on a game and you end up having to spend $200 on a new console.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

2 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

TMW you're trying to save $10 on a game and you end up having to spend $200 on a new console.

I saved 10 bucks by buying with Amazon Prime xD

Spoiler

Spoofing seriel numbers isnt difficult. Any one of us with cfw can just grab a serial # off a picture, spoof and thats it. Ultimately not a big deal

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

23 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I saved 15% by switching to geico

I prefer Torchic Auto.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Now that I've gotten into bios flashing/modding, I wonder if you could just change the serial number. Half tempted to try getting a cheap password locked 3ds on ebay to try desoldering the spi flash chip or eeprom and seeing if I can reprogram it

12 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Now that I've gotten into bios flashing/modding, I wonder if you could just change the serial number. Half tempted to try getting a cheap password locked 3ds on ebay to try desoldering the spi flash chip or eeprom and seeing if I can reprogram it

Unless you can bga solder then the answer is no. 

I was one of the ones who got (temp) banned. I'm perfectly accepting with my punishment. it was a risk that I knew about, but didn't think that Nintendo would actually do anything, and if they did, it wouldn't be permanent, and if it were, then hackers would find a way around it by spoofing or changing some ID somewhere so plebs like me can just dumbly follow the tutorial they make.

apparently/supposedly, it's only a temporary, 15 day ban, but if it's your multiple offense, it's a perma. I got error code 002-0102, which seems to be the temp. 

image of the same error code

Spoiler

1479281316482.jpg

I'm just waiting for Nintendo to somehow crack down on pirates who download games from the freeShop through Nintendo's own servers (lol) using title keys. that's the day that you need to buy popcon.

more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5d9s5s/rom_leaks_nintendo_is_starting_to_ban_people_who/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5d8wwq/warning_if_you_have_went_online_with_the_leaked/

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

1 hour ago, LucidMew said:

I'm just waiting for Nintendo to somehow crack down on pirates who download games from the freeShop through Nintendo's own servers (lol) using title keys. that's the day that you need to buy popcon.

6057c86.gif

I guess you'll have to be cautious picking up used 3DSes off ebay now.

I can understand Nintendo's hard line stance on this, Pokemon is one of their big earners

What will really suck is in a few years when the second hand wave hits the market lots of people will be banned when they did nothing wrong.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Had my 3ds old version for a while using gateway card never cared for multiply never cared for eshop so i dont really care if i get banned 

At this point, Nintendo failing as a company is just a waiting game. They make the entirely wrong move, every. single. fucking. time.

The only real thing to look forward to, is seeing who gets the IP rights once they've burned their own fucking house down.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

At this point, Nintendo failing as a company is just a waiting game. They make the entirely wrong move, every. single. fucking. time.

The only real thing to look forward to, is seeing who gets the IP rights once they've burned their own fucking house down.

They have enough money to last nearly thirty years at a loss. Also, I'm finding this decision to be the right one. Why should pirates enjoy something before it officially releases while the rest of the users wait?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

I really can't fault Nintendo here.  They do a lot of dumb crap but this isn't one of them.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I'm just spending all of my time cursing Australia North America and Japan until Wednesday.

Why release X and Y at the same time and then stomp on my European hopes and dreams for every subsequent realease.....

Also give me my British Isles Pokémon game with Scottish people in kilts, English people being posh and the Welsh all having a Mareep in their team.

If they can stereotype the French and Hawaiians they better stereotype me..

I fully agree with Nintendo on this.

If you pirate an unreleased game and try to go online like an idiot, you shouldn't be surprised to get your access to the service they provide to be revoked. Even more so considering they provide that service free of charge.

This is just terrible pirates getting their just desert honestly. If you're going to pirate something, do it right. Never connect to the internet with a pirated software/game.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Spookshow said:

I must agree with Nintendo. You stole their product. I say good job Nintendo 

Some people bought it and recieved before the release date. 

12 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Some people bought it and recieved before the release date. 

While this may be true the article clearly says 

Specifically, those who have tried to access the internet with a pirate copy of Pokemon Sun and Moon have received 15-day suspension while those who have already been affected by the ban were restricted for life time, getting a permanent block accessing to the online services of Nintendo. 

This is what I was referring to. The pirate copy people 

Only downsides to this is lost sales for Nintendo because they blocked eshop access and the poor guy at gamestop whos going to buy a used and banned 3ds.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14