Help... Toaster. What do I do?

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

That is too high, I have never seen skype go so high on my T420s and that has a worse CPU than your laptop...

Feelsbadman... :P

Just now, The Belgian Waffle said:

Feelsbadman... :P

Damn I hope that you get that laptop fixed or money back. (I am guessing that money back would be the best).

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

Damn I hope that you get that laptop fixed or money back. (I am guessing that money back would be the best).

Yeah, money back would be cool, but the ldlc team said that I probably passed the time-limit to be getting my money back. 

Yeah, money back would be cool, but the ldlc team said that I probably passed the time-limit to be getting my money back. 

well that depends on a lot of things. In EU you have this law, if a product is defective three times then you have a right to get your money back, this is not the case here ofc, but depending on how much it would cost them to fix it, it might be cheaper to just give you the money back.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

well that depends on a lot of things. In EU you have this law, if a product is defective three times then you have a right to get your money back, this is not the case here ofc, but depending on how much it would cost them to fix it, it might be cheaper to just give you the money back.

I see. Well, I'll keep you guys updated ^^

1 minute ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

I see. Well, I'll keep you guys updated ^^

neat, I hope it goes well for you :) 

16 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

@Dackzy

@D2ultima

https://gyazo.com/a6b6279f2576765f902327960a1f3655

My laptop doES not support W10... What the fuck is this IT support? I'm using it came out... 

so you got the laptop with win 10, but it doesn't support win 10?

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Basically yeah. 

Basically yeah. 

lol, that is funny, try and install win 7 (the best OS ever) and see if that helps, thought I doubt that it will.

11 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

lol, that is funny, try and install win 7 (the best OS ever) and see if that helps, thought I doubt that it will.

I tried, and I couldn't. You told me I had to reformat everything, so I first have to do a full back-up. 

edit : I actually don't find the W7 key I had lying around... Nice 

@D2ultima

@Dackzy

Ok, so both Gigabyte and LDLC (the website where I bought my PC) answered me. Gigabyte didn't give a shit as you can see, but LDLC asked me to do a bunch of tests and their knowledge seemed pretty ok. They've asked me if I wanted to send it back in order for them to test it, but if they don't find anything they'll charge me both the return cost (trip) + diagnostic costs. They told me everything seemed fine from what they saw from the various tests, it's just that I don't have a high quality hardware. 

What I'm going to do now is install Windows 7 and see if I see any difference, and if I don't, I'll probably sell it. 

2 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

SNIP

Your CPU is better than my laptops CPU and I have none of those problems, so that hardware claim is BS.

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Your CPU is better than my laptops CPU and I have none of those problems, so that hardware claim is BS.

They told me the TDP limitation is "normal" under certain circumstances, but I don't really see why under heavy load it should throttle like that. 

16 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

They told me the TDP limitation is "normal" under certain circumstances, but I don't really see why under heavy load it should throttle like that. 

it shouldn't, I do not trust that shop now xD 

A core m laptop runs fine and that has way less power than your laptop, so something is really wrong.

13 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

it shouldn't, I do not trust that shop now xD 

A core m laptop runs fine and that has way less power than your laptop, so something is really wrong.

It might actually be W10 that's wrong. It would be really weird, but it could be that. Sadly I don't have the time to do it today 

6 hours ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

It might actually be W10 that's wrong. It would be really weird, but it could be that. Sadly I don't have the time to do it today 

It isn't weird. Windows 10 fucks with so many PCs it's not even funny. It's drowned out by the number of retarded assholes going "it works fine for me therefore everybody else is doing something wrong" when even fresh installs of OSes cause severe issues for some users. That OS tries to mess with a large number of things, especially on the motherboard, that it has zero functionally-beneficial reason to mess with, and it causes a lot of problems. It's the reason I always said that eventually I will have to move to W10, but I will never do it without hardware created after W10 so I know there won't be any inherent compatibility issues, and even then, I'm still going to hate it.

7 hours ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

You aren't TDP throttling, so that's dumb.

7 hours ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

@D2ultima

@Dackzy

Ok, so both Gigabyte and LDLC (the website where I bought my PC) answered me. Gigabyte didn't give a shit as you can see, but LDLC asked me to do a bunch of tests and their knowledge seemed pretty ok. They've asked me if I wanted to send it back in order for them to test it, but if they don't find anything they'll charge me both the return cost (trip) + diagnostic costs. They told me everything seemed fine from what they saw from the various tests, it's just that I don't have a high quality hardware. 

What I'm going to do now is install Windows 7 and see if I see any difference, and if I don't, I'll probably sell it. 

Well we already determined that W10 is doing random crap and it's using up your HDD, which in turn is causing your OS to freeze up as your pagefile which is on the slow HDD that's being maxed out can't process any information so RAM basically stops working. It's an extreme case, and shouldn't cause you to crash as I've said before, but that's shitdows 10 for you.

9 hours ago, Dackzy said:

He got it with 8.1 and downgraded to 10.

9 hours ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

@Dackzy

@D2ultima

https://gyazo.com/a6b6279f2576765f902327960a1f3655

My laptop doES not support W10... What the fuck is this IT support? I'm using it came out... 

That's idiotic, everything that supported 8.1 (which is most everything) will "support" 10. The only difference is whether or not 10 is a dick and screws with a particular system if it wasn't created to be "W10 ready". Then again, gigabyte doesn't even know how to make very good laptops so...

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

1 hour ago, D2ultima said:

Very big - SNIP

Wow, there's a lot of hate toward W10 here :P But sadly, I have to agree with you. I personally love the UI improvement over W7 (unless the fact that they divided by two all of the options). Imo, they did a great job of making it look nice. BUT, hiding poop with ice cream will work untill someone eats it, and that's what happened, and I don't know  how much of they poop part they will be able to improve. 

I have been using a MacBookAir 2015 because of college, and my love for this OS has been growing. Sure, it has a lot of missing features (I cannot cut-paste documents c'mon Tim). 

Concerning my specific issue, I'm a bit sad about both customer services. The LDLC one at least asked me a bunch of information, compared to the Gigabyte one. 

I guess I won't be buying from them anytime soon. Well, I'm sure mot of their products are better, and I'm just a lone soldier. 

Anyway, there is no point to continue this thread. I will continue to use it (I bought a new mouse, the last one didn't work when I turned the PC on, I had to unplug the cable every time. Hopefully, I had it for less than a yeah so they just gave me my money back) and game with it, but I'll end up selling it to someone that won't worry about CPU TDP and what not. 

Thank you for all the support (this looks like I'm leaving the forum forever lol) and I'll see you in another thread, hopefully in better conditions :P

On 22/11/2016 at 11:18 AM, Dackzy said:

That W7 logo... So many years I haven't seen in it a laptop... I'm feeling excited xD

10 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

That W7 logo... So many years I haven't seen in it a laptop... I'm feeling excited xD

win 7 is love :D 

3 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Should I let it do updates or not? 

I guess, unless it wants to update to win 10

@Dackzy

@D2ultima

Hello :) This is a little update over the W7 downgrade (or should I say upgrade? :P )

I feel like day to day stuff is really snappier, my HDD doesn't completely tilt now. I have tried a few games and I haven't noticed any changes, so yeah, my components are trash :P 

I think I'm gonna keep it that way since I still have my W10 key bound to my hotmail account, so I can still update it later. 

Also, I got a firestrike score of 227 points less than with W10.