Help... Toaster. What do I do?

Just now, The Belgian Waffle said:

Yeah, there's one. I'm using a MacBook for studies so I might just aswell leave it there and hope that it doesn't break more than it already is. I've never head of an issue like that, I might contact Gigabyte to ask them if it's already happened and see what they can do, even tho I'm sure they can't do much. 

I'll keep you both updated :)

Sure, no problem. If it makes you feel any better, my GPU is giving up the ghost as well as of about 8 hours ago xD. So I'm in your same boat T_T

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

10 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

Sure, no problem. If it makes you feel any better, my GPU is giving up the ghost as well as of about 8 hours ago xD. So I'm in your same boat T_T

Hahaha :D

Welcome aboard sailor ! 

1 hour ago, D2ultima said:

So are you going to upgrade? :DxD 

6 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

I hope they are going to be nice to you, but I doubt it.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

44 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I'll tell them I watch LTT and if they aren't nice to me I'll send a pm to Linus so he can ground them hahaha :P

7 hours ago, Dackzy said:

So are you going to upgrade? :DxD 

Ah I wish I could. I'll probably be stuck to single 780M more than anything else.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

1 minute ago, D2ultima said:

Ah I wish I could. I'll probably be stuck to single 780M more than anything else.

No way of repairing it, just like me? :P 

2 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

a single 780m isn't that bad..

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

No way of repairing it, just like me? :P 

If the card is dead? Likely not. At least it's socketed so I can swap it out and not replace the whole system.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

a single 780m isn't that bad..

Not when your primary game is Overwatch and you want dat 120fps T_T. But yeah, I can live on it for certain.

The REAL issue is that I hope single GPU works, and that after swapping the cards I don't say... encounter the same issues. Then it'll be most certainly a motherboard issue, at which point I'll be beyond screwed I think.

8 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

Not when your primary game is Overwatch and you want dat 120fps T_T. But yeah, I can live on it for certain.

The REAL issue is that I hope single GPU works, and that after swapping the cards I don't say... encounter the same issues. Then it'll be most certainly a motherboard issue, at which point I'll be beyond screwed I think.

better start saving up for a new laptop or new GPUs.

You could turn down settings and yeah the laptop will most likely not be that happy when you remove a GPU

1 hour ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

What are those (the \\?\\volume...)?

6e07557fd7a0fb78a71569656fbfebd9.png
https://gyazo.com/6e07557fd7a0fb78a71569656fbfebd9

Yes, you're defragged fine

On 14/11/2016 at 10:04 AM, Dackzy said:

Here's their answer. I'll open up my PC tonight and post a picture of the heatpipe cause I don't really wanna break it.

Screenshot_20161115-151031.png

On 14/11/2016 at 5:39 PM, Dackzy said:

I was thinking, is there a way to disable thermal throttle, or to change the value when it kicks in? Because if the temps stays at 50°c while Heaven is running... 

I was thinking, is there a way to disable thermal throttle, or to change the value when it kicks in? Because if the temps stays at 50°c while Heaven is running... 

not that I know of.

@D2ultima do you have a idea of how to move the throttling point?

4 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

not that I know of.

@D2ultima do you have a idea of how to move the throttling point?

Simple, you install Throttlestop and un-check the "BDProchot" that is listed there, hit "turn on", and then "save". Should work. Then it will thermal throttle only at the top end points. What exactly is your CPU anyway? It appeared to be a ULV model?

TS8 with BDProchot checked:

Screenshot2779.png

i5 4200m

Then you should have ample power allowance unless Gigabyte screwed up. I'd like you to try using "Limit Reasons" in Throttlestop 8 and running the TS Bench at 1024M for 4 threads, and when your CPU speed starts dropping, take a screenshot of limit reasons and post it back here. Here is the link to Throttlestop 8.30.

7 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

take a screenshot of limit reasons and post it back here. Here is the link to Throttlestop 8.30.

There were a bunch of things written, and when I started the Bench everything disappeared but https://gyazo.com/f96d2bf060b3c5538a4e08933eb33e48

Is this normal or did I screw something up? 

There were a bunch of things written, and when I started the Bench everything disappeared but https://gyazo.com/f96d2bf060b3c5538a4e08933eb33e48

Is this normal or did I screw something up? 

If nothing is in red, then it's not throttling. Is it dropping in speed at all? I've never seen a "utilization" limit before... but if it's in yellow that means it only happened for a short time. How much power is your CPU drawing during the benchmark?

It went red a couple of times for less than a second. 

The speed is not dropping at all, temps are at 59 c°

https://gyazo.com/331382b971b76018c5b3d3deb668bf6a

I'm guessing the power draw is next to "Package power", and it's 16.3 W atm

3GHz is indeed your proper speed. I don't know what the "utilization" limit is; possibly the CPU trying to boost to 3.1GHz single thread for a split second and going back down. Also, that is a very small amount of power if it's 16.3W during TSBench.

As far as I can tell your CPU is working as correctly as can be based on direct readouts. Keep limit reasons up and throttlestop up (not benchmarking of course) and see if your system is still so slow. I find it weird that you're pulling THAT little power, honestly. What is your voltage during the benchmark? It's VID at the top just under your CPU name.

6 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

What is your voltage during the benchmark?

0.9233V, and it's fluctuating between 0.9186 V and 0.9247 V (haven't seen it going above 0.92xx)

48 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

If nothing is in red, then it's not throttling. Is it dropping in speed at all? I've never seen a "utilization" limit before... but if it's in yellow that means it only happened for a short time.

After I restarted my PC, this showed up while TSBench

098ff63074f960c148ceb1ef24b5e040.png
https://gyazo.com/098ff63074f960c148ceb1ef24b5e040

After I restarted my PC, this showed up while TSBench

098ff63074f960c148ceb1ef24b5e040.png
https://gyazo.com/098ff63074f960c148ceb1ef24b5e040

Well Red means it's in effect and yellow means it's happened within recent firmware memory. If it's all yellow that means there's a potential for it to happen but it isn't happening.

Next question, run TSBench again for me and take a screenshot of the throttlestop window. We might as well disregard task manager if we have Throttlestop, the wealth of information is much larger.