Help... Toaster. What do I do?

1 minute ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

At this stage, even Minecraft is demanding x) 
Well, I have Heaven installed, should I let it run for a while? Or should I install something else? 

yeah heaven would be just fine

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

7 hours ago, Dackzy said:

yeah heaven would be just fine

The CPU and GPU temps are the same as I mentioned before. 

2 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

The CPU and GPU temps are the same as I mentioned before. 

that is weird, very weird. Never seen this before. @D2ultima might know whats up.

Also you are sure that you haven't turned power saving on?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

You mean this? 

cd24107739e355c71a980e6b0073ceba.png
https://gyazo.com/cd24107739e355c71a980e6b0073ceba

Also, would it be possible that it termothrottles that hard? 

yes

5 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

yes

I launched WoW and the temperatures stays at 56, and doesn't go higher. I just think it's thermal throttling really hard
Edit : The fan goes really really loud

I launched WoW and the temperatures stays at 56, and doesn't go higher. I just think it's thermal throttling really hard
Edit : The fan goes really really loud

check the clock speed of your CPU

2 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

it seems to be where it should be. I have no idea of what is going on, the CPU does not seem to throttle and the temps are fine, so it is most likely some other hardware that is running badly. I am off now, because I need to do things and it is getting a bit late, I hope the guys I taged can help.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

it seems to be where it should be. I have no idea of what is going on, the CPU does not seem to throttle and the temps are fine, so it is most likely some other hardware that is running badly. I am off now, because I need to do things and it is getting a bit late, I hope the guys I taged can help.

Thank you, I appreciate :D 

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

that is weird, very weird. Never seen this before. @D2ultima might know whats up.

Also you are sure that you haven't turned power saving on?

What's going on? Give me a summary xD

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

8 hours ago, D2ultima said:

What's going on? Give me a summary xD

CPU temps are fine, same with dGPU, crystal disk says HDD is fine, he has done a reinstall of windows, but it keeps lagging

45 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

CPU temps are fine, same with dGPU, crystal disk says HDD is fine, he has done a reinstall of windows, but it keeps lagging

Lagging? Is his CPU & GPU clocking up properly? Is his HDD defragged?

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

4 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

Lagging? Is his CPU & GPU clocking up properly? Is his HDD defragged?

Well the CPU seems to run fine. Around 3GHz and that is fine for that CPU, he says that crystaldisk says that his HDD is good, but I have seen it be wrong, not sure about dGPU, it might be that, if he cannot use intel HD, then the dGPU might be a bit fucked.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Well the CPU seems to run fine. Around 3GHz and that is fine for that CPU, he says that crystaldisk says that his HDD is good, but I have seen it be wrong, not sure about dGPU, it might be that, if he cannot use intel HD, then the dGPU might be a bit fucked.

Have him post a crystaldiskbench of the HDD.

If the iGPU isn't working well the dGPU won't either, though it's very rare that a CPU (and by extension iGPU) breaks.

@The Belgian Waffle Do a crystaldeskbench of your HDD.

6 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

Have him post a crystaldiskbench of the HDD.

If the iGPU isn't working well the dGPU won't either, though it's very rare that a CPU (and by extension iGPU) breaks.

I have seen it a few times, I don't really know this laptops. My old second gen Asus laptop has a quad core CPU that is completely broken, it runs at the clocks speeds it should, but is super slow, way slower than my T420s, so I have a feeling that it might be that the CPU to some degree is broken

6 hours ago, Dackzy said:

@The Belgian Waffle Do a crystaldeskbench of your HDD.

I have seen it a few times, I don't really know this laptops. My old second gen Asus laptop has a quad core CPU that is completely broken, it runs at the clocks speeds it should, but is super slow, way slower than my T420s, so I have a feeling that it might be that the CPU to some degree is broken

Wow, thank you ! I am out of town for a couple of days so I won't be able to do it until monday, but I will keep you both updated. Thanks :D

1 hour ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

@D2ultima

Thanks for the wait ^^ 

Here you go

https://gyazo.com/ceea23be03260542e4c7aba95179af90

Seems normal for a 5400RPM HDD. If that's the case it might well be a broken CPU.

7 hours ago, D2ultima said:

Seems normal for a 5400RPM HDD. If that's the case it might well be a broken CPU.

Weird... Do I have any way to check that? The warranty is over

Just now, The Belgian Waffle said:

Weird... Do I have any way to check that? The warranty is over

I wouldn't know. If it's a soldered CPU, then there is no way. You'd need a motherboard replacement no matter what you do. I don't know what laptop you have though, but if you bought it within the last 3 years it probably is soldered.

1 minute ago, D2ultima said:

I wouldn't know. If it's a soldered CPU, then there is no way. You'd need a motherboard replacement no matter what you do. I don't know what laptop you have though, but if you bought it within the last 3 years it probably is soldered.

I bought it in January of 2015, but it came out some time during 2014. It's a Gigabyte laptop. 

I think I can access the thing by removing the copper heat pipe on it, there are some screws, but I'm afraid I'd damage it more than anything else. 

I bought it in January of 2015, but it came out some time during 2014. It's a Gigabyte laptop. 

I think I can access the thing by removing the copper heat pipe on it, there are some screws, but I'm afraid I'd damage it more than anything else. 

Yeah the CPU is soldered then. You're out of luck if it's the CPU; you'll need a new motherboard which includes the price of the CPU & GPU (assuming there is a dGPU).

2 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

Yeah the CPU is soldered then. You're out of luck if it's the CPU; you'll need a new motherboard which includes the price of the CPU & GPU (assuming there is a dGPU).

Yeah, there's one. I'm using a MacBook for studies so I might just aswell leave it there and hope that it doesn't break more than it already is. I've never head of an issue like that, I might contact Gigabyte to ask them if it's already happened and see what they can do, even tho I'm sure they can't do much. 

I'll keep you both updated :)