Is it considered weird to wear headphones in public?

prolemur

I want to know this because generally I don't see many people at all that wear them, all people wear are ear buds which I find extremely uncomfortable.

by in public I mean in a non social location such as walking down the road or on a train

I don't want to come off as a douchebag

"hey look at me, I care about sound quality, I'm so unique and cool!" etc

like what the people who wear beats think of themselves

Its akward when your not wearing them for music, like wearing them and never use them.

It reveals some negative generalities, atleast in my experience with people that do that.

You should of done a poll.

Honestly, I like people that feel free to wear weird stuff for the same reason above but positive.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

You're overthinking this. Literally nobody cares if you do, and if they do (not to put too fine a point on it) but they can sod right off.

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

if you wear these

clearly alpha male with too much swag for ovaries to handle

And saying here come rob me!

I rather wear these

sennheiser_hd558_598_07.jpg

post-32324-0-12349900-1382573825.jpgpost-32324-0-10655300-1382573830.jpgpost-32324-0-23512600-1382573832.jpg Slick looks happy to be tackled lol

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

It is weird, I've seen it my self. That is why i've never bought the idea of portable headphone, for me I just just hang it on PC.

And saying here come rob me!

and saying "hey, I know a lot about audio" 

"ye crank dat bass up"

Depends.. if you're with friends it's kinda weird to ignore them and listen to music. Who cares if you're out on the street not talking with random people around you. Everyone is playing with their phones now anyways, at least you're looking up when wearing headphones.

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

If you're 6'2 and weigh over 200 pounds, no one will say anything. Trust me.

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

if you wear these

Beats-by-dre-studio-black.jpgclearly alpha male with too much swag for ovaries to handle

I was thinking exactly about that.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

If you're 6'2 and weigh over 200 pounds, no one will say anything. Trust me.

what about 6'4 and 175?

I wear the Kraken Pro's in green xD, I happen to be the same as you where earbuds are uncomfortable so I have to wear headphones.

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

what about 6'4 and 175?

Can we have a vote all option?

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

like what the people who wear beats think of themselves

I have fake beats because I bought them a year back and can't buy a new pair yet. (not beats)

Quote me to get a reply!

Headphones have been marketed as a fashion accessory because of beats, so nobody will really bat at eye at you for headphones. 

Using them as a neck warmer will make you look like an idiot though. 

Error: 410

Do not wear them as a 400 dollar necklace. That's it.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

if you wear these

Beats-by-dre-studio-black.jpgclearly alpha male with too much swag for ovaries to handle

They ARE comfy... but shitty sound (own em) I use sony's now but my beats were a gift

Small earbuds yes - bigass headphones where in most cases you hear what he is listening to - NO! When i was using public transport (now i live 2km from work soo i walk) the bus was going thru university and then thru campus i had people riding in headphones and im glad in Poland you are not allowed to get a gun because i would go on rampage - i had metal songs on front of the bus, some sh*tpop next to me and some weird-ass music in back also.

With earbuds even if you pump up the volume youll keep what you listen to yourself. Many people wear headphones because they think they look "cool", "yolo", "swag" and all that bullsh*t when they dont...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

If I were to wear my bright green razer headphones. Ladies would be able to contain their orgasms. For their convenience, I don't go out in public with them on.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

If I were to wear my bright green razer headphones. Ladies would be able to contain their orgasms. For their convenience, I don't go out in public with them on.

How respectful of you.

I am looking to listen to music, not the type at the beginning of the old ncixcom videos :P

Ill wear both in public. just depends on what i feel like carrying around for the entire day. for instance, I wore my shure E215s all day and I still think they are incredibly comfortable. when im feeling the need to pump it, I break out my v-modas with my universities logo on the shield. sound level I use is minimum. I prefer to be consciously aware of my surroundings. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/