Here's the price for the Switch.

Munteanu

Sup.

So this probably counts as a leak, I guess.

Altex is pretty much the biggest eletronics retailer in Romania and they're taking preorders for the Nintendo Switch.

The price is 1349 RON, converted to Euros that's about 300.

Pricing for hardware in Romania is usually done by exchanging the dollar sign next to the number with a euro sign and calling it a day, but lately the prices have been inflated way beyond that.

Anyway, it's not coincidental that if you look at the exchange rate it's pretty much 300 € exactly, so it's pretty safe to say that will be the absolute high the Switch's pricing, but there is a chance is may come in at a lower price point.

http://altex.ro/consola-nintendo-switch

Untitled.jpg

Welp this solidifies my suspicion that it's going to be bad. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Just now, Spork829 said:

Welp this solidifies my suspicion that it's going to be bad. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Might I ask what these suspicions are based on?

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Let me guess, the product description reads:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Might I ask what these suspicions are based on?

Mainly the controllers. Too many buttons for one person using it as a mobile device (and also I think it's too big for that purpose), and then the two controllers are different in layout so 2-player coop will be super annoying. I also think that the second-screen functionality when it's used as a home console is going to be useless, and I think the dock looks unnecessarily bulky unless it does some processing of its own. Which it will need to or I'm worried about how much power the thing will have, especially at this price point. 

1 minute ago, skywake said:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

Not really, it's one of those blurbs about fun and experiences.

Well, I'll pick one up eventually to continue my roost as the best Mario Kart player among my friends. 

Although if they added the 3ds old school pokemon games to the switch's handheld mode I'd be all over that. 

Just now, Spork829 said:

Mainly the controllers. Too many buttons for one person using it as a mobile device (and also I think it's too big for that purpose), and then the two controllers are different in layout so 2-player coop will be super annoying. I also think that the second-screen functionality when it's used as a home console is going to be useless, and I think the dock looks unnecessarily bulky unless it does some processing of its own. Which it will need to or I'm worried about how much power the thing will have, especially at this price point. 

Understandable concerns; I'm worried about performance more than anything, since I don't really care for gaming on the go and it seems the Classic Controller will be available at retail.

Also, it's going to be using an NVidia Tegra processor. What do you make of that?

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

To date, I dont think nintendo has sold a home console at a loss. It will most likely sit between 250-300 usd. Most of their consoles have sat pretty around those prices

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Keep in mind this probably the price of the bare bones model that doesn't come with a game, a second controller and probably has a smaller storage size.

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Understandable concerns; I'm worried about performance more than anything, since I don't really care for gaming on the go and it seems the Classic Controller will be available at retail.

Also, it's going to be using an NVidia Tegra processor. What do you make of that?

I'm interested to see how it performs. I suspect, now more than ever if this price is accurate, that the resolution on the handheld might be pretty low, and it may even upscale when used with a TV. Again it remains to be seen if the dock does any additional processing or not. 

Just now, Nicholatian said:

The leaked specifications report 720p for the handheld and 1080p when connected to a TV.

Native 1080p? Or upscaled from 720p? Also, could you provide a link to this leak?

1 minute ago, Nicholatian said:

The leaked specifications report 720p for the handheld and 1080p when connected to a TV.

Sounds like the dock may add a little bit of power then. It doesn't make sense that it would be that big if it was just charging and I/O, so hopefully. 

5 minutes ago, SeriousDad69 said:

Keep in mind this probably the price of the bare bones model that doesn't come with a game, a second controller and probably has a smaller storage size.

Maybe, but the Tegra platform has a pretty low price point, even if Nintendo is saying it's custom made. After the failure that was the Wii U it would not be unreasonable to think that Nintendo may be going for a lower price point to ensure a bigger install base.

1 minute ago, Nicholatian said:

1080p 60FPS/4k 30FPS output?. Interesting. However, those specifications don't look too impressive. Also, does it line up with the report that it has an NVidia Tegra processor?

2 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

I don’t understand why everyone is so concerned with raw performance. It’s never really been Nintendo’s thing to posit maximum FPS/resolution/FLOPs/whatever to be honest; rather, they like to focus more on innovation and trying new things. That’s their bag, baby. ;)

Well, one of my favourite games of all time is Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii. Monolith Soft pushed its boundaries so far that Xenoblade Chronicles alone felt a generation separated from any other Wii title. Now, imagine if they were given monstrously powerful hardware to work with.

Tell me that doesn't excite you.

4 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

I doubt that. The lower resolution when disconnected is probably to save its battery.

Though, at the same time, its possible that when connected, the NSwitch will go into a performance mode instead of a battery saving mode when not docked (Some laptops do this anyway if you set up power options, so I can only assume its also possible for the NSwitch).

I really don't care, since I'm just happy that I can play portable and then hook it up to my monitor/TV and get comfortable at home. As long as they keep bringing back the nice Nintendo games (MH, Super Smash Bros., etc.). Will also be interesting to see how well the local multiplayer part of it works.

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

1080p 60FPS/4k 30FPS output?. Interesting. However, those specifications don't look too impressive. Also, does it line up with the report that it has an NVidia Tegra processor?

It's all down to what game it is I feel like, smash on the Wii U is the best example, it runs at 1080p 60fps :P 

On a side note, Nintendo will always have a special place in my heart, which is probably why I own so many :D (and is why I'll probably end up buying a NX before a new GPU...even if it's bad)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

4 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

1080p 60FPS/4k 30FPS output?. Interesting.

There's another rumour from the same source that claims there's a USB Type-C port on the base. So that resolution would make a lot of sense given that it's HDMI 1.4. Because there's an alternate mode for USB Type-C that lets you swap between USB 3.1 and USB 2.0 + upto 100W power + HDMI 1.4. Which is all they'd need. And it'd mean two things. A single plug for the docking mechanism and an entirely passive (and therefore cheap) dock. Also a standard connector for charging away from the dock.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

2 minutes ago, dragosudeki said:

Though, at the same time, its possible that when connected, the NSwitch will go into a performance mode instead of a battery saving mode when not docked (Some laptops do this anyway if you set up power options, so I can only assume its also possible for the NSwitch).

I really don't care, since I'm just happy that I can play portable and then hook it up to my monitor/TV and get comfortable at home. As long as they keep bringing back the nice Nintendo games (MH, Super Smash Bros., etc.). Will also be interesting to see how well the local multiplayer part of it works.

It will clock down and likely downvolt in tablet mode for battery reasons as well as performance reasons. You don't want a big performance disparity between the two modes because otherwise developers will be driven off by having to manage two "separate" game modes. Additionally you might get some asshole devs who optimize for one mode or the other. Output at 720p for the handheld form requires far less oomph to drive than output at 1080p for a TV, so you'd want to lessen the performance to balance it out. Plus most portable gamers are more concerned with how long they can play for than raw performance numbers.

31 minutes ago, skywake said:

That was fucking histerical but I feel like a total fucking nerd for getting it.

Still 10/10

-------

Current Rig

-------

20 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Sounds like the dock may add a little bit of power then. It doesn't make sense that it would be that big if it was just charging and I/O, so hopefully. 

Despite what others have said im 100% confident that the dock adds additional processing power. And that in tje future we will see upgrade docks for imporved performance as well as dock only games. 

Itll allow nintendo to upgrade the hardware in a way thats more afforable that what sony and ms can offer. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

28 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

To date, I dont think nintendo has sold a home console at a loss. It will most likely sit between 250-300 usd. Most of their consoles have sat pretty around those prices

Nintendo GameCube was sold at a loss IIRC (not at the beginning but once they started dropping to $99).

Nintendo 64 games barely broke even IIRC.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

10 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Nintendo GameCube was sold at a loss IIRC (not at the beginning but once they started dropping to $99).

Nintendo 64 games barely broke even IIRC.

Im talking specifically at launch. They should use their massive bank to take a slight hit on the switch and push out the best console they could

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14