Any tips for a first time builder?

In general, asking for tips regarding pc building process and os instalation. 

Just now, Matt_98 said:

don't close the case door until it has posted

never seen anyone post that but very informative lmao, so many times where i've constantly opening up side panels

as for OP Grounding yourself isn't a HUGE deal but just do it a few times, touch the metal parts of a case or PSU (Or just build without clothes on like I do ;) )

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

never seen anyone post that but very informative lmao, so many times where i've constantly opening up side panels

as for OP Grounding yourself isn't a HUGE deal but just do it a few times, touch the metal parts of a case or PSU (Or just build without clothes on like I do ;) )

Want to build cases together :^)

Install CPU, memory, and RAM outside of the case, connect the PSU and a display with the mainboard on top of the CPU box and verify that you can boot with no problems.

Here's a simple topic from LifeHacker and here's a more detailed explanation from Reddit. Good luck on your first build! :)

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

Linus has made many videos about this, I would recommend checking out some of their build guide videos on the 'tube.

When in doubt, re-format.

2 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

Linus has made many videos about this, I would recommend checking out some of their build guide videos on the 'tube.

Could you link me to some?

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

10 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Depends, are you using disc or digital key, or USB

USB 

11 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Depends, are you using disc or digital key, or USB

Anything 

Just now, Gamman said:

Anything 

Well just boot up to your  bios, set your boot drive to the USB so it boots on your USB, then the windows installation process will begin, and you just put in your key and your good to go

53 minutes ago, Gamman said:

In general, asking for tips regarding pc building process and os instalation. 

Read the instructions, make mistakes, think about the problem,google it, fix it.

Also to say it in a different way, just go for it. Learn from doing

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

17 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Well just boot up to your  bios, set your boot drive to the USB so it boots on your USB, then the windows installation process will begin, and you just put in your key and your good to go

Noted, thanks

I made the mistake of buying a cheap power supply. It was noisy and within 3 months the fan started giving out. Get one with a brand you've heard of before.

4 minutes ago, IWHBYD said:

I made the mistake of buying a cheap power supply. It was noisy and within 3 months the fan started giving out. Get one with a brand you've heard of before.

@Gamman this^^ same thing happened to me, my 800w cheap psu couldent handle my 8320 and 280x, get a reputable model

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Go slow and take your time. Do not try and build the system in a time you find. Set aside a day to work on the build and make sure you have all notes and anything you need in close proximity. 

1 hour ago, Gamman said:

USB 

Make sure you get the USB in the right way up :)

Being sensible, all you have to do is select the right drive and click next a few times. It's really easy.

2 hours ago, IWHBYD said:

I'd actually say don't just trust the power supply just because it's from a reputable brand because evga and corsair are both very well know brands but have some budget powersupplys that just plain bad. Before buying a psu I would look up the model review by johnnyguru he does a lot of power supplies reviews and tells you what you need to know.

As Linus always says, never use the driver disks! Always go to the manufactures website and download the latest drivers.

My personal tip (learning from experience), be aware of static! Try and acquire an anti-static wrist strap. I knew of the punishments and the risks if it were to happen. Yet, I failed to obtain one and shocked my GPU and I had to replace the entire graphics card.

21 hours ago, Aytex said:

I am imagining you professionally building pc for clients. xD

/s

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎24 at 9:32 AM, Freezanator said:

Could you link me to some?

Here is one, literally go to their youtube channel (Here) and search "build guide"

They have quite a few of them.

When in doubt, re-format.