[Rumour] New AMD Zen ES Base/Boost Clock Frequencies Leaked

HKZeroFive
2 hours ago, Prysin said:

Aslong as its DC it will always OC well. Unlike OG haswell, as certain 4770k owner i know will delusionally try to deny having any issues at all,

Also.... imagine if they hit 9590 speeds xD with final product. Just trolling everyone with super super low clock samples

If there's one thing I'm hoping for out of Zen, it's goddamned soldered IHSs. Teach Intel how to do it right.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

12 hours ago, Citadelen said:

Do you honestly think Intel has their extreme CPUs at such high prices because it costs extreme amounts to make them? No, it's because there's no competing product.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I've never said their enthusiast line was expensive because of manufacturing costs. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Intel has a pseudo-monopoly at this point of time. They can charge whatever they want because, like you said, AMD hasn't delivered a competitive product for a very, very, very long time.

Instead, I'm saying that people set absurd expectations for a product and that only sets them up for failure from the very beginning. If you think AMD will offer something that looks to be comparable to a i7 5960X and not capitalise on it when it comes to pricing, you're sorely mistaken. It's happened in the past... the FX-9590 was priced at $920 at launch and I think we can safely say that it's a somewhat mediocre CPU. And once again, I'll say this... the market controls the pricing. There's a fine line between what's realistic and what's not.

If people seriously think AMD is going to undercut Intel that badly after jumping back into CPUs for the first time in four years, they're delusional. They're competing with Intel's enthusiast platform, and they're not going to be selling their Zen octacore for that cheap*.

*subjective

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

30 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

AMD does Jaguar and Puma for low power. There was also early work on K12 which has been shelved for now.

Jaguar and puma were complimentary to bulldozer though.  They are aiming for one core fits all this gen

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

And here I am waiting for the 7700K. Dat 4.5 GHz boost.

I honestly don't think AMD will ever catch up to Intel. They're too far behind. I still believe Intel has something up their sleeve should AMD ever get *too* close.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

10 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Yet everybody is cool with the likes of the 6700K sitting at 91W TDP

BUT FOR AMD IT IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!1!!!11!!!!1111!

lol. 

phenom 2 was 125w , everyone praises phenom 2 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

5 hours ago, Energycore said:

If there's one thing I'm hoping for out of Zen, it's goddamned soldered IHSs. Teach Intel how to do it right.

You do realize AMD stopped doing it on their APUs for the same reason, right? It's because the soldering process starts melting the transistors when you don't have enough surface area to dissipate the heat.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

57 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

I kind of do because the mobile uad cores still hold up (or the higher clocked ones do, Phenom II P920 suck badly). As for desktop Phenom II, AMD released them in 2009 with lower IPC than Intel's 45nm core 2 uad from 2007, and with power consumption that was a bit worse-on the plus side, the prices reflected that.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, patrickjp93 said:

You do realize AMD stopped doing it on their APUs for the same reason, right? It's because the soldering process starts melting the transistors when you don't have enough surface area to dissipate the heat.

atleast the heatspreaders and the mounting System dont suck

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

8 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

-snip-

Well, in the end, neither of us can know for sure they're pricing, whether they have a six core part will affect the pricing if both the eight core and the four core.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

3 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

atleast the heatspreaders and the mounting System dont suck

The heat spreaders are equally as bad. The reporting is just less pronounced because AMD's products are less used. Further, mounting? Usually PGA gets bent up and broken more often than LGA.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

5 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

HI

Haha

I'm using a phenom II 1055t now !! Not that bad .

9 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

And here I am waiting for the 7700K. Dat 4.5 GHz boost.

I honestly don't think AMD will ever catch up to Intel. They're too far behind. I still believe Intel has something up their sleeve should AMD ever get *too* close.

Hi , In the past around 2005* people thought the same about intel . Intel was too far behind but what happened ? Intel is performance king right now !!! AMD might not be able to have something as good as 6700K for now but Im sure things will change in feature .

*(I was only 5 ~ 6 yeas young in 2005.)hahahaxD

34 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

The heat spreaders are equally as bad. The reporting is just less pronounced because AMD's products are less used. Further, mounting? Usually PGA gets bent up and broken more often than LGA.

The thermal design limits of AMDs coolers, atleast for the lifespan of Bulldozer products, has been higher then that of intels solution. Offering better cooling at lower noise levels.

AMD has splurged a little, be it to cover their ass from thermal throttling (which would make an already MEH product completely unusable) or simply because they could, i dont know which. But i think we can both agree that Intel doesnt give you a dime worth of cooling more then you absolutely NEED to run their products at stock. 

Want better intel cooling? buy the 45$ craptastic looking and terribly performing 2x as tall intel cooler! That is intels solution. No point denying it. Just accept that they are cheaping out on it, and move on. There is no point defending a shitty practice. Intel has so much money and market share, that even if they lost market share to AMD, they STILL wont offer a better cooling solution, they will just drop their prices or drop the cooler outta the box completely in order to cut costs for them whilst still selling at near "normal" price. Which is what they did with skylake at launch.

As for PGA vs LGA. Upsides and downsides. There is no actual real winner, both solutions work, both solutions sucks equally, CPUs should move towards a multi-DIMM kinda solution, however i recognize that vertical PCBs are hard to make without completely fucking shit up. Not to mention the connectors on the mobo would be hard to trace. Either way, both LGA and PGA is shit solutions to the same issue -> user servicable parts.

to the rest of you lot.

Anyway, the whole idea taht AMD is going to drop prices by 200$ or more is laughable. There is no incentive, no logic, no reasoning and no support for such notice. 

At most, i'd say that if AMD performs at Haswell levels, but with Skylake/Kaby Lake (200 chipset) features, then pricing would be 20-50$ below Intel prices AT BEST, for "consumer" stuff, and MAYBE 50-75$ less at the enthusiast level.

That is, if AMD delivers on their promise of memory controller improvements on their enthusiast platform.

1 hour ago, patrickjp93 said:

try fix a LGA , pga you can easely fic em w/ a razorblade and some string , i had an Athlon w/ over 100 Pins bend , some of em completely flat , non of em broke and that antlon is in a System right now , happely tikking along

on the other end , i have 2 h81 mobos , both of em have some bend Pins , i tried Fixing em , hour Long work , both dead since the Pins just snipped off on one of the boards and never made proper contact on the other one , and i was talking heatsink mounting btw , most amd cooler dont use some backplate bullshit that is differend on every model of cooler , just a bracket and Lever and done , cooler mounted

PSU Tier list

39 minutes ago, Prysin said:

CPUs should move towards a multi-DIMM kinda solution

see SLOT1 and SLOTA , never took off , but i love em , i have a huge amount of SLOT1 boards here

File:Pentium II front.jpg

File:Celeron 300A.jpg

(i wish i could merge Posts in edit gaaah )

PSU Tier list

9 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

try fix a LGA , pga you can easely fic em w/ a razorblade and some string , i had an Athlon w/ over 100 Pins bend , some of em completely flat , non of em broke and that antlon is in a System right now , happely tikking along

on the other end , i have 2 h81 mobos , both of em have some bend Pins , i tried Fixing em , hour Long work , both dead since the Pins just snipped off on one of the boards and never made proper contact on the other one , and i was talking heatsink mounting btw , most amd cooler dont use some backplate bullshit that is differend on every model of cooler , just a bracket and Lever and done , cooler mounted

I've done it. 

Also, bending LGA pins kinda requires a certain amount of stupid.

Also, Intel's coolers are the same way since LGA 1155.

Just now, patrickjp93 said:

Also, bending LGA pins kinda requires a certain amount of stupid

ah shit i slipped , ah shit the cover does it on its own , ah shit my cpu bent my Pins and itself

Just now, patrickjp93 said:

Also, Intel's coolers are the same way since LGA 1155.

who uses those? i mean look at this crap

newheatsink.jpg

what i ment is THIS

stock-hsf.jpg

uses the same Mount as THIS

zalmanCNPS9500am2_am2.jpg

CNPS9700%20LED_04_b(0).jpg

open the case , remove old cooler , wipe off cpu and apply new paste , mount new cooler , Close case

DONE

PSU Tier list

3 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

ah shit i slipped , ah shit the cover does it on its own , ah shit my cpu bent my Pins and itself

who uses those? i mean look at this crap

what i ment is THIS

uses the same Mount as THIS

open the case , remove old cooler , wipe off cpu and apply new paste , mount new cooler , Close case

DONE

That person screwed up royally and didn't secure his CPU properly before attempting to mount the cooler.

Plenty of people.

That's no easier than mounting on any of the LGA 115x sockets or 2011 sockets. The only time you have to switch is if you move from 115x to 2011.

2 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

That's no easier than mounting on any of the LGA 115x sockets or 2011 sockets. The only time you have to switch is if you move from 115x to 2011.

well unless you have something w/ a backplate because everyone has a differend take on it , also most amd coolers are TOOL-LESS thanks to them using the lever system 

i just prefer it , so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also on the bent skylake , how are you supposed to secure you cpu besides putting it in the socket? 

PSU Tier list

29 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

well unless you have something w/ a backplate because everyone has a differend take on it , also most amd coolers are TOOL-LESS thanks to them using the lever system 

i just prefer it , so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also on the bent skylake , how are you supposed to secure you cpu besides putting it in the socket? 

As for Skylake, the damage has been universally caused by 1 of 2 factors: mechanical attachment (i.e. power drills) and active transport where the coolers already exceeded Intel's weight specs.

No, the Intel backplate only differs between LGA 115x and LGA 2011.

Most cases of damage in Intel sockets come from dropping the CPU into the socket or worse. It's usually a matter of stupidity, not difficulty.

11 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Most cases of damage in Intel sockets come from dropping the CPU into the socket or worse. It's usually a matter of stupidity, not difficulty.

most cases of any damage to any socket comes from dropping the CPU into the socket or handling it otherwise carelessly. Completely irregardless of LGA, PGA or during reballing of BGA.

10 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

Yes, and the Thuban came out in Q2 of 2010.  Pretty sure that was considered normal for a high performance chip six and a half years ago.

What is your point?

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

57 minutes ago, Phate.exe said:

Yes, and the Thuban came out in Q2 of 2010.  Pretty sure that was considered normal for a high performance chip six and a half years ago.

What is your point?

well yea , im just saying why so shy of the 100+watts`? we have the coolers to combat it , let the 8c be 100+ 

PSU Tier list

11 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

Well yeah. It was actually good. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

21 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

I'll change my request for some actual good TIM instead.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

49 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I'll change my request for some actual good TIM instead.

I mean, nothing is going to be able to compete with Liquid Pro/Ultra. There's a limit to what you can do without direct soldering.