[Rumour] New AMD Zen ES Base/Boost Clock Frequencies Leaked

HKZeroFive
11 hours ago, MageTank said:

A 6600k would run just fine with a C7. The C7 performs roughly the same as my current ITX cooler (though, my cooler is smaller in comparison and uses a vapor chamber) and lack of hyperthreading means you are looking at a 10w difference which will translate to lower thermals. You can test this yourself. Run a stress test with hyperthreading on, then turn it off in the bios. Notice how drastic the difference in temperatures are. 

If you are going to do an ITX build, I highly recommend the Fractal Design Node202. While it is pretty expensive, and only supports a specific type of PSU (SFX12V), it's one of the smaller cases you can buy that supports 12 inch graphics cards. 

Ok, I'll try to keep that case in mind.  Thank you for the suggestion.  

55 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

Hi, does the i7-6800k have 12 cores(6 physical and 6 non-physical)?

Also, does the i7-6900k have 16 cores(8 physical and 8 non-physical)?

If so, how do you get 12 or 16 cores?

in case you didnt know, you could just go to google, type in i7 6800k and click on the "ark.intel.com" page and it would tell you... 

but to answer your question, no.

please refer to "Techquickie -> Hyperthreading" for more information

Just now, Prysin said:

in case you didnt know, you could just go to google, type in i7 6800k and click on the "ark.intel.com" page and it would tell you... 

but to answer your question, no.

please refer to "Techquickie -> Hyperthreading" for more information

So you bothered telling me all that just to say no?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

1 hour ago, IAEInferno said:

Hi, does the i7-6800k have 12 cores(6 physical and 6 non-physical)?

Also, does the i7-6900k have 16 cores(8 physical and 8 non-physical)?

If so, how do you get 12 or 16 cores?

6800K has 6 cores with each core having a "helper" (Hyper Thread) that aids in certain processes.  The CPU is capable of running 12 threads under particular loads.

Same with the 6900K (or is it 6900X o.O).  It can run 16 threads in certain loads, but only has 8 fully functional cores.

If you want more than 10 actual cores, you have to move to the Xeon line.

Just now, stconquest said:

6800K has 6 cores with each core having a "helper" (Hyper Thread) that aids in certain processes.  The CPU is capable of running 12 threads under particular loads.

Same with the 6900K (or is it 6900X o.O).  It can run 16 threads in certain loads, but only has 8 fully functional cores.

Thanks, this has been helpful xD.

1 hour ago, IAEInferno said:

So you bothered telling me all that just to say no?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Give a man a fish and he is fed for the day. Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself forever.

16 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Give a man a fish and he is fed for the day. Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself forever.

Haha! I remember hearing that in GTA V on a radio station :).

1 hour ago, stconquest said:

6900K. The 6950X has 10 cores and 20 threads.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

44 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Until the fish run out because he and all the other men are greedy, woman-hating, rape-apologizing, misogynistic animals.

Teach a woman to fish and everyone can be fed a fair portion and the fish won't go extinct.

/s

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

3 hours ago, stconquest said:

It's not a helper like that. It's not like you have a main core and then a helper core/hyperthread. You have one core, and then two threads can run on it, in principle with equal access to the execution resources.

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Or I can just buy fish.

5 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

Or I can just buy fish.

You mean Antibiotics with some fish mixed in

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

You mean Antibiotics with some fish mixed in

Yep.

12 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

the one on the left is shipped whit low tdp chips yes , up to 35w if im correct , the one on the right comes w/ any i3 up to any i7 (non k) heck my 2600 came w/ that pos , not even a copper slug in it and that 2600 was having overheating issues in the summer (30c room temp) 

My Pentium came with a thicker one that you listed, but no copper. Also, my i5 one came with a cooper plate and is noticeably heavier and thicker than the Pentium one. Additionally, the fans are different as well.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

A benchmark

x86-zen-new-blender-benchmark-1140x617.p

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list