Is this a good value? Low end build!

9 minutes ago, pistol22cal said:

Can't warranty used parts. Consumers would not buy a used built pc.....

If it's still under warranty, then yes, you can most of the time, as it's only based on the date of the original purchase of the part.

Also, far more people buy secondhand PCs than you actually think.

8 minutes ago, pistol22cal said:

Agree'd but your average consumer likes seeing that warranty, gives them comfort and piece of mind!

And then when they see that it's taking them 5 weeks or more to get their damn computer back, they end up hating the world.

Considering I will buy this system for just 80 euro's, it would be ease to give a warranty of 3 years on those (outdated) parts.

There are LOADS of people buying used parts.

You can incluse the price of windows 10, and still be way cheaper then your system and outperform it...

And about build quality... In my opinion, if a computer has worked and is still working after 2-3 years, it will still work for the next 5 years. (personal experiance with AMD stuff) Unless you take things apart, while not knowing what you are doing.

@ comfort and piece of mind... Usually parts have a forced warranty period when buying new. I would never "buy" some kind of extended warranty. In my opinion, that's always a scam to get you to pay more money.

3 minutes ago, pistol22cal said:

Agree'd but your average consumer likes seeing that warranty, gives them comfort and piece of mind!

Nowadays computers are sooo easy to repair, even an average consumer by doing small tests can realise what the issue is

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

5 minutes ago, pistol22cal said:

Can't warranty used parts. Consumers would not buy a used built pc.....

bullshit. i've made several used gaming pcs before, none of them had any trouble selling in a week or two.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Buy a system with i5-2500 (can get for around $150 on ebay) and slap in RX460 or the upcoming GTX1050/1050Ti which doesn't require power connector and you have yourself a gaming rig for less than $300.

I think people are missing the point here.

Just parts only, no warranty, no os, and no labor cost this is about a $200 computer. I get it I do. But not everyone can or wants to build their own PC.

As system builders we can take $500 and do magical things! But if someone came to you and said I need the cheapest system you can build and it still play games, and you put your time and effort into building it and testing it and warranty on all the parts.....would you build this system and sell it for $460?

At the end of the day they get a full functioning Windows 10 Home 64 Bit computer that can play most games at 720p with ok fps and a 3 year warranty, that you built and support for $460.

33 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

bullshit. i've made several used gaming pcs before, none of them had any trouble selling in a week or two.

Sure you can. But if you did that on a large scale, say 1000 computers all used parts and provided 3 year accidental warranty. How many would come back for repair? Also, how much would you spend replacing those parts? Finally, your warranty charge might cover a single component failure but what if you have to rebuild the entire system? Would you want to do it with used parts? Would you want a reputation as a manufacture of used computers?

This computer you suggested IS ALREADY OUTDATED!!! Why would you want 3 years warranty?!? Some random 12 year old can build you your computer, and with youtube, you can to. I also really doubt you can run modern titles propperly @ 720p, because that APU can be compaired to a (stock) GT610, which I have in my computer.

If you take a used complete computer, you will get much performance with the same amount of money.

People who buy extra warranty on already outdated hardware are... Well, if I said that, I might get banned.

26 minutes ago, pistol22cal said:

Would you want to do it with used parts? Would you want a reputation as a manufacture of used computers?

Not talking to me here, but I would, and I would still make a profit. And reputation would rely on service, which I (and Herman) could supply. And people would know that the parts are all used.

2 minutes ago, pistol22cal said:

Sure you can. But if you did that on a large scale, say 1000 computers all used parts and provided 3 year accidental warranty. How many would come back for repair? Also, how much would you spend replacing those parts? Finally, your warranty charge might cover a single component failure but what if you have to rebuild the entire system? Would you want to do it with used parts? Would you want a reputation as a manufacture of used computers?

Some parts can wear out over time like HDDs, PSUs and maybe motherboards. Others, if used properly, don't need replacement and will work just fine.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Spoiler

What are you trying to do here? Market research? 

Honestly...don't try to rip off your customers like this. 

Trying to make or sell these kind of 'low-budget gaming computers'...that you really can't game on is pointless. You're better off telling your customers to just build themselves, or save up 200 more dollars.

Honestly, you're on a wrong place. If you want to get a prebuilt with a good warranty, don't ask PC builders. Go to like Acer or HP Community Board or something.

My rig:

Spoiler

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, Jovidah said:

What are you trying to do here? Market research? 

Honestly...don't try to rip off your customers like this. 

Trying to make or sell these kind of 'low-budget gaming computers'...that you really can't game on is pointless. You're better off telling your customers to just build themselves, or save up 200 more dollars.

Right! Just trying to figure out if this is something I want to get into. Pretty much I am seeing a trend, if I wouldn't buy it or an experienced system build wouldn't recommend it.....then don't sell it! Like, look at ibuypower - http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-FM2-A-Series-APU - Almost $700 and no OS. Add and OS and its $800+ as system builders you would do WAY better for $800, but obviously there is a market or they wouldn't sell these types of computers.

13 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

Honestly, you're on a wrong place. If you want to get a prebuilt with a good warranty, don't ask PC builders. Go to like Acer or HP Community Board or something.

I disagree, system builders know a good value better than your average consumer. Further the feedback is amazing! This thread has been up maybe 30 minutes and we are on page 2 already! It's fantastic!!!!

2 minutes ago, Jovidah said:

Can you explain my why exactly this community should provide you with free business advice and market research? Most companies spend invest either money or energy when they are interested in such information. You're just abusing the willingness of forum members to help other consumers for your own financial gain.

My apologies have someone close the thread I do not want to abuse or upset anyone. Just thought I could get some feedback from another point of view. Maybe learn something in the process. I am not plugging any company or business, if I am breaking ToS please let me know. I do not wish to violate any terms. You are free to not respond.

3 hours ago, pistol22cal said:

Right! Just trying to figure out if this is something I want to get into. Pretty much I am seeing a trend, if I wouldn't buy it or an experienced system build wouldn't recommend it.....then don't sell it! Like, look at ibuypower - http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-FM2-A-Series-APU - Almost $700 and no OS. Add and OS and its $800+ as system builders you would do WAY better for $800, but obviously there is a market or they wouldn't sell these types of computers.

I disagree, system builders know a good value better than your average consumer. Further the feedback is amazing! This thread has been up maybe 30 minutes and we are on page 2 already! It's fantastic!!!!

The problem here is that for a gaming pc there is a baseline price to have a decent performance that can run games. If you don't meet that requirement it doesn't matter if it pre-built and has a good warranty nobody will buy it. It's true people are willing to spend more on a pre-built pc with a warranty if they don't know a lot about pcs and to want to put the time into learning how to build one but that doesn't mean they are willing to buy a pc that won't run the games they want to play at decent frame rates and settings. The reason the console market even exists is to solve this problem. I mean if you are buying a pc that cost more than a console it better play games better than a console and in this cases it's safe to say it won't.

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

The problem here is that for a gaming pc there is a baseline price to have a decent performance that can run games. If you don't meet that requirement it doesn't matter if it pre-built and has a good warranty nobody will buy it. It's true people are willing to spend more on a pre-built pc with a warranty if they don't know a lot about pcs and to want to put the time into learning how to build one but that doesn't mean they are willing to buy a pc that won't run the games they want to play at decent frame rates and settings. The reason the console market even exists is to solve this problem. I mean if you are buying a pc that cost more than a console it better play games better than a console and in this cases it's safe to say it won't.

Thank you very much!

So really, there is no point in a "cheap" gaming build like I posted because you can get a console. So the $600 - $800 range is where the bottom of the line sit's when it comes to entry level gaming. Where the minimum GPU needs to be at least better than a HD 7950 or a GTX 660.

thank you everyone great advice. Some may have gotten a bit heated but I am grateful for the help in making my decisions. 

5 hours ago, pistol22cal said:

Consider you are looking to buy a low end system and not from a builders point of view.

This should still play most games at 720p on low settings. 

APU - A6-5200

SSD - 120GB

RAM - 8GB

OS - Windows 10 Home 64Bit

Warranty - 3 Year Accidental Damage

Total Cost - $460

Consider that a system from Dell - with no GPU - with a similar build in over $800

Thoughts and Opinions Welcome!

console...

2 hours ago, pistol22cal said:

So really, there is no point in a "cheap" gaming build like I posted because you can get a console. So the $600 - $800 range is where the bottom of the line sit's when it comes to entry level gaming. Where the minimum GPU needs to be at least better than a HD 7950 or a GTX 660.

thank you everyone great advice. Some may have gotten a bit heated but I am grateful for the help in making my decisions. 

Get a PS4 Pro its extremly powerful for its price.