[Update] DX 11 vs DX12 benchmarks addded - Gigabyte reveals Battlefield 1 Benchmarks! (General BF1 benchmark thread)

AlTech
On 15/10/2016 at 5:06 AM, SamStrecker said:

So no 980ti? I am guessing it would make the 1070 and 1080 look bad. But whatever they included the 970

On 15/10/2016 at 2:05 AM, AluminiumTech said:

What do you think? This seems ok. But I would have liked to seen how older cards performed.

Because they no longer care about those. Remember that these are figures from Gigabyte, they aren't in the market of selling outdated hardware :P. They included the 970 because they need one popular older card to compare against.

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

UPDATE!

WCCFTECH has posted a new article outlying the differences between DX11 performance and DX 12 performance.....

Battlefield-1-2560x1440-Ultra-DirectX-12-and-DirectX-11-Nvidia-and-AMD.jpg

TL:DR AMD is dominating DX12 while Nvidia has yet to match AMD's gains.

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-1-directx-12-benchmarks-amd-nvidia/

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

23 minutes ago, Syfes said:

Because they no longer care about those. Remember that these are figures from Gigabyte, they aren't in the market of selling outdated hardware :P. They included the 970 because they need one popular older card to compare against.

23 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Those RX 480 results are noice, should be able to hit 60fps stable on High on my 2560x1080 display. Perhaps I'll sign up for Origin around Christmas, try out BF1 and Overwatch.

5 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

you have to givie it to dice....this game looks fucking amazing for how much power it needs to run it

NEW BENCHMARKS from WCCFTECH containing older GPUs

Battlefield-1-DirectX-12-4K-Nvidia-AMD-768x754.png

Battlefield-1-DirectX-12-1080p-Nvidia-AMD-635x623.png

Battlefield-1-DirectX-12-1440p-Nvidia-AMD-635x623.png

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

27 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

UPDATE!

WCCFTECH has posted a new article outlying the differences between DX11 performance and DX 12 performance.....

Battlefield-1-2560x1440-Ultra-DirectX-12-and-DirectX-11-Nvidia-and-AMD.jpg

TL:DR AMD is dominating DX12 while Nvidia has yet to match AMD's gains.

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-1-directx-12-benchmarks-amd-nvidia/

Dmitry disagrees with you...although it was on 1080p ultra, the 1060 was faster than the RX480 even with Async compute and shizzle on :P

Ignore, wrong game xD 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Dmitry disagrees with you...although it was on 1080p ultra, the 1060 was faster than the RX480 even with Async compute and shizzle on :P  

I'm sorry if I don't quite understand or care much. I don't watch Hardware Canucks.

Edited by AluminiumTech
Fixed a damn typo.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'm sorry if I don't quite understand or care much. I don't want Hardware Canucks.

Ignore, I was thinking of the wrong game xD 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I thought it would favor AMD a lot since its AMD title but no, it seems to be fine on both vendors but of course with slight edge to AMD in DX 12.
Not sure if Drivers are out for it though, that can change a lot for both sides. BF 4 was AMD title as well but Nvidia had the lead in it after couple of months.

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

2 minutes ago, Sampsy said:

Just to add my own two cents - I didn't run any benchmarks or anything but I noticed significantly worse performance on dx 12 on my setup compared to when I used dx 11 - a much larger gap than shown in these benchmarks. On the map Amiens I would manage a pretty smooth experience somewhere around 90fps using dc 11, but this would drop to around 30fps using dx 12. This was using a 1070 coupled with a 2500k at 4.8Ghz and in both instances the bottleneck was clearly the CPU. 

For Nvidia users it goes without saying from them to run under DX11 mode......

On 15/10/2016 at 1:35 AM, Bouzoo said:

You mean same guys who said Kaby Lake is 40% faster than Skylake? :P

I like this WCCF journalism. They say no card can vice 4K/60, yet they don't mention Titan X. 

I'll wait for Guru3D and few other sites that I trust. 

Overall, the game runs pretty good overall. Were the drivers even released on any side? 

And drop the AA on 4K.

They probably just ignored the Titan XP because they were talking of graphic cards and not gold ingots.

On 15/10/2016 at 1:16 AM, VerticalDiscussions said:

Well, i wouldnt choose any other GPU retailer from Nvidia that wasnt EVGA cooler designs or reference card + EKWB block. For AMD, Sapphire all the way aswell.

Eh, this Battlefield 1 game seems to be well made then eh? Not a terrible port it would seem.

Its dice, they make decent ports.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Well over 60fps at 1080p Ultra with a $200 GPU? What a horribly unoptimized port.

AC Unity and Arkham Knight are older yet ran and looked so much better. They are standard bearers.

The peasants demand parity at cinematic upscaled 30fps.

Who cares if it looks/runs better than CoD while having 10x the draw distance and player count in a match? Its the gameplay that counts.

I know for sure grandma and my mentally challenged brother won't be buying this game.

On DX 12, the RX 480 can do 66 average fps on 1440p, so GG bad ports..

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

If the next round of GPUs have a similar performance when it comes to DX 11 vs 12 I'll likely go AMD for my next card.

Nvidia was caught with their pants down when it comes to DX12 and with how far out GPU design starts I can see it taking another generation or even possibly 2 before Nvidia cards start making better use of DX12/Vulcan.

Nice that the 280x can still keep up. Though it seems you need to drop to high to get 1080p 60fps 

1 hour ago, Delicieuxz said:

Does Bf1 benefit from hyper-threading?

I would say yes since bf4 did and they are made on the same engine. Plus BF games are very demanding in general on the CPU specially  when you have 64 players in the server. 

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

On 10/14/2016 at 7:16 PM, Mr.Meerkat said:

So the Rx480 beats the 1060 at med and high settings but the 1060 beats the 480 at low and ultra settings...wut? xD 

Margin of error.

On 10/15/2016 at 0:35 AM, Bouzoo said:

You mean same guys who said Kaby Lake is 40% faster than Skylake? :P

I like this WCCF journalism. They say no card can vice 4K/60, yet they don't mention Titan X. 

I'll wait for Guru3D and few other sites that I trust. 

Overall, the game runs pretty good overall. Were the drivers even released on any side? 

And drop the AA on 4K.

I'm not shocked that no one really benches the Titan X for some reason.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

14 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Margin of error.

I'm not shocked that no one really benches the Titan X for some reason.

It's almost as if they think that's it's horrifically overpriced and are waiting for the 1080Ti...

I'm just looking at the Fury X outperforming the 1070 like

WAT.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

It's almost as if they think that's it's horrifically overpriced and are waiting for the 1080Ti...

I'm just looking at the Fury X outperforming the 1070 like

WAT.

That wasn't much of a shocker considering this is the Frostbite engine. 

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Flatout less performance for Nvidia on DX12? What a fucking joke. And no it's not "OMG AMD just wins the lottery on ASNYC and DX12!!" you should notice how the Fury X it's exactly 1 FPS faster on DX12 vs the 1070 on DX11 so it actually means that either the drivers used to test are shit, or that as usually this is another crap Day 1 Battlefield release (which is routine at this point)

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Flatout less performance for Nvidia on DX12? What a fucking joke. And no it's not "OMG AMD just wins the lottery on ASNYC and DX12!!" you should notice how the Fury X it's exactly 1 FPS faster on DX12 vs the 1070 on DX11 so it actually means that either the drivers used to test are shit, or that as usually this is another crap Day 1 Battlefield release (which is routine at this point)

or, hear me out, maybe its NVIDIAS FUCKING DRIVER THAT IS BORKED?!

you know, just maybe, because Nvidias AC/S performance is 100% dependent on drivers..... or wait. no Nvidia is infallible. Lets blame the game.

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

or, hear me out, maybe its NVIDIAS FUCKING DRIVER THAT IS BORKED?!

Why are you screaming? The first scenario I gave was crap drivers, of course it might very well be that.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Why are you screaming? The first scenario I gave was crap drivers, of course it might very well be that.

don't most DX12 games lose FPS on Nvidia hardware over DX11?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc