[Update] DX 11 vs DX12 benchmarks addded - Gigabyte reveals Battlefield 1 Benchmarks! (General BF1 benchmark thread)

AlTech
1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Why are you screaming? The first scenario I gave was crap drivers, of course it might very well be that.

well, you're not the only one reading my posts.

Also, i have a theory that it might just be complacency from Nvidia. During the Beta, the game was DX11 only (yes you could flip the slider, but DICE officially said it was DX11 only during beta no matter what you did with the slider). And during the beta, GeForce cards performed damn well, so i bet they just thought " this is good enough" and procrastinated their DX12 drivers in hopes of nobody noticing, because well. who cares right? GeForce > Radeon = good enough.

But good enough isnt enough. I can feel the attitude of the slacker somewhere in Nvidias driver department. He or she got hired back in summer 2015 and has sporadically fucked shit up ever since then.

8 minutes ago, Prysin said:

well, you're not the only one reading my posts.

It's not like I quoted you I just posted on the thread

Also, i have a theory that it might just be complacency from Nvidia. During the Beta, the game was DX11 only (yes you could flip the slider, but DICE officially said it was DX11 only during beta no matter what you did with the slider). And during the beta, GeForce cards performed damn well, so i bet they just thought " this is good enough" and procrastinated their DX12 drivers in hopes of nobody noticing, because well. who cares right? GeForce > Radeon = good enough.

But good enough isnt enough. I can feel the attitude of the slacker somewhere in Nvidias driver department. He or she got hired back in summer 2015 and has sporadically fucked shit up ever since then.

I'm no expert but I think most BF games have regressions vs the beta tests but regardless yes I do believe Nvidia is being complacent, mainly because AMD it's just not surpassing them even with DX12 and AMD centric devs like it's the case here.

AMD really needs to do better here to force Nvidia to move their ass as well. They're literally holding back progress here cause they flatout don't perceive AMD as a realistic competitor anymore.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

It's not like I quoted you I just posted on the thread

I'm no expert but I think most BF games have regressions vs the beta tests but regardless yes I do believe Nvidia is being complacent, mainly because AMD it's just not surpassing them even with DX12 and AMD centric devs like it's the case here.

AMD really needs to do better here to force Nvidia to move their ass as well. They're literally holding back progress here cause they flatout don't perceive AMD as a realistic competitor anymore.

well AMD has no competing products to Nvidias top end, except legacy products like the Fury X and 295x2. Which use an ungodly amount of power for the performance they produce. Yes my 295x2 will be great over the winter here in Norway, but during the summer its pure hell. Performance is fantastic (where there is a profile)... but its still a legacy product and not really a competitor to Nvidias current gen.

VEGA cannot come soon enough.....

Pretty impressed at RTG's long-game strategy. They've positioned themselves damn well, and now are reaping the rewards. Lets see if they can hold onto it for the next 2-3 years.

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

@i_build_nanosuits

your source has updated DX11 vs DX12 benches too.

did you see the performance loss on the 1080? HOLY SHIT. that is depressing to see. 22 FPS.... brutal

it's a DX11 game...what do you expect?

and even then...check nvidia GTX 1080 DX11 performance...AMD has nothing that come even close to that, DX12 or not..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

and even then...check nvidia GTX 1080 DX11 performance...AMD has nothing that come even close to that, DX12 or not..

DX 11 Nvidia wins DX 12 AMD, At the end of the day it doesn't matter you're getting 60FPS on both cards. 

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

AMD doesnt have a product to compete with it, because AMD decided they wanted to target the mainstream market first... i wonder if they forgot there is a high end market too.

There is no R9 295x2 in that slide, so until then, AMD may or may not have a competing CARD.

So your saying the more expensive card is faster? Wow i have never heard of that.