"New York's finest" are upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile :)

AlTech

N84NRS3.jpg

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

18 hours ago, zMeul said:

-snip-

OH MY! A scenario where I agree with @zMeul.Please people, while it has come leaps and bounds in recent months, Windows 10 Mobile is still horrendously buggy and unsupported.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

7 hours ago, Tataffe said:

NYPD are also driving some funny American cars instead of BMWs. Cost is the main criterion. Quality, power and everything else comes after that.

And this contributes to the conversation how?

I have experienced BMW vehicles and though they are nice cars ... Chrysler (Dodge) and Ford are the dominant vehicle makers for Police in the US. Besides I don't think BMW is going to give US Police Departments a massive bulk rate for buying cars to outfit the PD stations and it would look weird; the Charger, Taurus are a bit iconic for police here in the US. ;) 

1 hour ago, Citadelen said:

OH MY! A scenario where I agree with @zMeul.Please people, while it has come leaps and bounds in recent months, Windows 10 Mobile is still horrendously buggy and unsupported.

Source???? The only thing that is buggy is the preview versions and that is obvious. The public released versions have no issues. I have been using Windows Phones since 7.0 and the platform has been rock solid.

I think this a very good move by the NYPD.

The OS is very relevant here in the case that it is virtually a mobile computer with the Continuum feature. The possibilities here are exactly what MS envisioned with this platform. Apple and Android cannot say the same thing. I could list dozens of reasons for why this a good reason for this move - being that I work with law enforcement on a daily basis I have an insiders advantage at what is used. 

The app gap argument has zero basis here [just saying] since the applications being used here will not be made available publicly.

Continuum is solid, I have experienced zero issues with it from day one, using Office 365 is a given here and since it is natively supported makes things smooth for the officer with reports and such...

I could on.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 hours ago, Citadelen said:

How about no? I use Windows 10 Mobile on a daily basis and it almost never crashes, it's supported well enough and it is not buggy.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

22 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

Have any stats/sources to back this up?

Androids crashing more is as ubiquitous as your grandma getting a virus on PC. Face it, more apps really do crash on android than any other phone. Sure my M7 crashed way more than my G5 right now, but I've never had an iphone or windows phone crash through my 2 years of working with them in my repair shop. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

12% faster than an Iphone? Then it must 82% faster than a Samsung/LG device xD.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

12% faster than an Iphone? Then it must 82% faster than a Samsung/LG device xD.

Which is funny since the devices they're using contains 1GB RAM and a Snapdragon 400 :D.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

-snip-

Hehe, indeed. I just hope nowan got offended by something that was altough exaggerated, is quite true nonetheless on a more pale scale xD.

Groomlake Authority

23 hours ago, zMeul said:

bullshit-detector.jpg

and I own 2 android phones, one from the single core era and one that's quad-core; oh and a tablet

Windows is more stable than Linux (what android is) and UNIX (what iOS basically is) - GTFO!

Man, what a sample size! Clearly, a scientific conclusion. :)

41 minutes ago, Vanderburg said:

Man, what a sample size! Clearly, a scientific conclusion. :)

if a truth is universal then it must be true for everyone

and how many owning Android phone owners can actually say the OS crashed? I'm waiting - please prove that these claims about Adroid crashing more than any other mobile OS are verifiable true

do you own a Android phone? how many times did the OS crashed?

31 minutes ago, zMeul said:

if a truth is universal then it must be true for everyone

and how many owning Android phone owners can actually say the OS crashed? I'm waiting - please prove that these claims about Adroid crashing more than any other mobile OS are verifiable true

do you own a Android phone? how many times did the OS crashed?

I was mostly just giving you a hard time, but I have only had 1 crash on my S7 so far, but I had a number of them on the S6, including a weird situation where GPS just stopped functioning through a number of reboots and then just started working again, because it felt like it, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Vanderburg said:

I was mostly just giving you a hard time, but I have only had 1 crash on my S7 so far, but I had a number of them on the S6, including a weird situation where GPS just stopped functioning through a number of reboots and then just started working again, because it felt like it, I suppose.

general weirdness can't be solely beamed on the OS - next thing you know, Samsung's Note 7 exploded because of the OS :dry:

and here's one other thing with the likes of Samsung and such, they heavily mod the OS, Android is no longer Android

and Google, being google, puts their finders in the ears and start humming

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

general weirdness can't be solely beamed on the OS - next thing you know, Samsung's Note 7 exploded because of the OS

and here's one other thing with the likes of Samsung and such, they heavily mod the OS, Android is no longer Android

and Google, being google, puts their finders in the ears and start humming

That's a pretty good argument against Android, too, because vendors can modify it any way they'd like.

2 minutes ago, Vanderburg said:

That's a pretty good argument against Android, too, because vendors can modify it any way they'd like.

unless you buy directly from Google

but there are some OEMs that don't touch the OS - Umi comes to mind, they offer stock Android on their offerings

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

<snip> next thing you know, Samsung's Note 7 exploded because of the OS :dry:

<snip>

So that explains it... :P 

(I knew it)

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Downgrade more like.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

On 14/10/2016 at 2:42 AM, AluminiumTech said:

But Android crashes to much to be used in mission critical situations.

This is the point where I stopped taking you seriously.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

12 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

-snip-

My source would be my own and my friends experiences with it,

10 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

-snip-

As do I, and I really hate it,

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

21 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Not sure if it's due to particular customized OS, but my G2 literally rebooted few times while multitasking with Chrome opened. On One X everything crashed and I could only see my desktop and could do nothing for 10 sec, few times, and so on. Again, may not be Chrome related, but it's most common app I use with Poweramp. 

Well I would like to see actual data on Android stability, sadly you can't measure that. 

Anyhow, derailing /over. 

I've had my windows phone just turn off for no reason, at a greater than half battery level.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

8 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

I've had my windows phone just turn off for no reason, at a greater than half battery level.

Maybe it was too hot

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Maybe it was too hot

Might have been. I think this was before then W10M update, so I wouldn't have been using battery saver all the time. W10M wreaked my battery life, but I'm happy about the other features and apps it brought.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Maybe it was too hot

Why would it be too hot just with normal use?  Especially with the very modest hardware Windows seems to get by on in phones...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

58 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why would it be too hot just with normal use?  Especially with the very modest hardware Windows seems to get by on in phones...

Early preview versions were known to make phones run a bit hot. My own Lumia 925 did for a short period but MS fixed it pretty quickly.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

19 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

How about no? I use Windows 10 Mobile on a daily basis and it almost never crashes, it's supported well enough and it is not buggy.

Supported well enough ? your standards are low. And I use Android and have used it for the past couple years and it never crashed on me. We can go on and on about giving bullshit evidence with nothing to back it up except for a personal experience. 

Good for NYPD I guess, but  would've like to at least see some videos or even photos of the phones being used. They say they choose windows over iOS and Android for security and manageability, I don't know about manageability or what it means  but for security isn't BB OS the best  ? 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650