Apple Likely Aiming for Late October Launch of Redesigned MacBook Pro

TheReal1980

MacRumors has learned that Apple is indeed moving rapidly toward a launch of the new MacBook Pro models, with the company's current development work on macOS 10.12.1 focused largely on preparing the operating system to support the updated hardware's new features, which have been rumored by several sources to include Touch ID support and an OLED "touch bar" replacing the current row of function keys across the top of keyboard. Apple is also said to be shifting to "Polaris" graphics chips from AMD on the higher-end 15-inch models. 

In addition to redesigned MacBook Pro models, Apple has also been rumored to be launching updatedMacBook Air models with USB-C ports and new iMacs with AMD graphics chips before the end of the year. It is unclear, however, whether all three lines will be updated simultaneously and whether Apple will hold a media event to introduce the hardware or opt for a more low-key introduction via press release, perhaps with some embargoed media reviews alongside. 

Finally, Apple is reportedly working with LG on a new 5K external display to replace the discontinued AppleThunderbolt Display, although a timeframe for that product has yet to be reported. We've also yet to hear any word about the Mac Pro and Mac mini, both of which remain in significant need of updates.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/28/late-october-macbook-pro/

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

oooh new macbook pros, do want

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I wouldn't hold my breath with the mac pro after seeing what happened last time.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

oooh new macbook pros, do want

Too bad my 2013 rMBP should still last me another four-ish years. 

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

I wouldn't hold my breath with the mac pro after seeing what happened last time.

At some point they'll either have to update or drop it from the lineup, and they have a history of neglecting the Mac Pro for a few years and then finally upgrading it.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

At some point they'll either have to update or drop it from the lineup, and they have a history of neglecting the Mac Pro for a few years and then finally upgrading it.

Yeah easily but you can always sell and upgrade :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it, everything they are doing with the rest of the lineup pushes them farther away from the MP's target audience.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

Yeah easily but you can always sell and upgrade :)

Not worth the $1000~ it would probably cost to upgrade. 

Just now, Sauron said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it, everything they are doing with the rest of the lineup pushes them farther away from the MP's target audience.

i guess we'll see.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Not worth the $1000~ it would probably cost to upgrade. 

Impossible to say without knowing what the new one is

Could hover and make toast and squirt coffee into your eyes from mars

Apple, PLEASE don't ruin the macbook pro. You already ruined the Mac Pro and the macbook.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Impossible to say without knowing what the new one is

Could hover and make toast and squirt coffee into your eyes from mars

But realistically, it will probably have some USB-C ports, maybe touch-function bar, 6770HQ/7770HQ, Iris Pro 580, maybe up to 32gb of RAM, and an NVME SSD, better battery life. None of that is worth $1000 to me. 

1 minute ago, 2Buck said:

Apple, PLEASE don't ruin the macbook pro. You already ruined the Mac Pro and the macbook/air.

How did they ruin the pro or the air? The pro just hasn't been updated and the air is just as good as it always was. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

But realistically, it will probably have some USB-C ports, maybe touch-function bar, 6770HQ/7770HQ, Iris Pro 580, maybe up to 32gb of RAM, and an NVME SSD, better battery life. None of that is worth $1000 to me. 

How did they ruin the pro or the air? The pro just hasn't been updated and the air is just as good as it always was. 

Fair enough but youd get about 50% what you bought your current rMBP for, so its not too bad i guess

personally im excited, i hope the 15" has a decent GPU, or i  will have to find an alternative 

7 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Really? We're gonna pretend that the trashcan Mac Pro is good?

45eIc1R.png

I didn't realize that the Macbook air was still a thing, I thought that the shitty single USB port macbook had replaced it. Excuse my ignorance.

I still do stand by saying the Macbook and Mac pro are horrible. (In comparison to older designs)

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

This is good for AMD so they move more chips around. Also provided you can still just boot this to 10 it might even be good for us as PC gamers if they Price this nicely it might be worth it over a polaris based laptop doubt I doubt that the 480 would compete with the 1070 at the Price point that they'll probably be at (2k)

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Really? We're gonna pretend that the trashcan Mac Pro is good?

45eIc1R.png

I didn't realize that the Macbook air was still a thing, I thought that the shitty single USB port macbook had replaced it. Excuse my ignorance.

I still do stand by saying the Macbook and Mac pro are horrible. (In comparison to older designs)

Yes, the Mac Pro was good. Not everyone wants a giant tower, and a lot of time work gets done on/to external drives anyway so it can be moved around. Not to mention there is also networked storage. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I feel the old (non trash can) pro use to be a higher end machine and fit better as a professional workstation when the new one is in my opinion more prosumer. My dad got a 2010 Mac Pro because of price and performance compared to the current one or his old mac mini. he uses it for music production (hobby).

But the worst thing about apple is their SLOW response to upgrading their line of laptops and PC's the past few years

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I don't understand the photo with the Mac Pro surrounded by storage media. That's how professionals work. Ever looked at Linus' storage server

Also, I'm hoping they're testing oled in the smaller touchbar for a more wide spread release in MacBooks and iPhones. MacBook Air with OLED? :OOOOOO

What I don't understand is how Microsoft is still allowing Mac users to install Windows to them via Bootcamp.

If I were MS, I'd cut support for Macs and force Mac owners to buy a PC to run Windows.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

6 hours ago, Kimmers said:

I don't understand the photo with the Mac Pro surrounded by storage media. That's how professionals work. Ever looked at Linus' storage server

Also, I'm hoping they're testing oled in the smaller touchbar for a more wide spread release in MacBooks and iPhones. MacBook Air with OLED? :OOOOOO

Sloppy professionals maybe. No reason why you can't be neat and have a workstation that looks more like this:

Image result for workstation hot swap bay

Plenty of things internal on the tower, hotswap bays instead of more desk clutter with externals, etc. There's also no reason why Apple can have the option for a workstation that looks like this instead of the trash can. You can have the option for both the trash can and one with proper space and such but alas, Apple has decided that they need to needlessly complicate people's lives with no viable options for the sake of vanity and form before function.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If you expect decent value for money and performance you're looking at the wrong product line. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

31 minutes ago, alexyy said:

If you expect decent value for money and performance you're looking at the wrong product line. 

I think that if people are looking for that in an Apple product, they're looking at the wrong company.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

6 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Sloppy professionals maybe. No reason why you can't be neat and have a workstation that looks more like this:

Image result for workstation hot swap bay

Plenty of things internal on the tower, hotswap bays instead of more desk clutter with externals, etc. There's also no reason why Apple can have the option for a workstation that looks like this instead of the trash can. You can have the option for both the trash can and one with proper space and such but alas, Apple has decided that they need to needlessly complicate people's lives with no viable options for the sake of vanity and form before function.

maybe for a pro-sumer but not for a working professional. 

8 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

What I don't understand is how Microsoft is still allowing Mac users to install Windows to them via Bootcamp.

If I were MS, I'd cut support for Macs and force Mac owners to buy a PC to run Windows.

The same reason Hackintosh is a thing, Macs run on the same platform and basically all the hardware needs to be compatible for systems shipping with Windows anyway so even if they blocked it it would be temporary at best. Then there is the fact that unlike with macOS Microsoft still earns fees on the licenses.

7 hours ago, alexyy said:

For ultrabooks they're pretty competitive.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

12 hours ago, Centurius said:

The same reason Hackintosh is a thing, Macs run on the same platform and basically all the hardware needs to be compatible for systems shipping with Windows anyway so even if they blocked it it would be temporary at best. Then there is the fact that unlike with macOS Microsoft still earns fees on the licenses.

For ultrabooks they're pretty competitive.

The MacBook Air was notoriously good value (after the first generation). The only equivalent Windows computer that I would buy would be the XPS 13 and that took several years and several iterations to become a competitor for the MBA.