Who do you vote for?

deleted_member_030719

Voting  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you vote for?

3 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Yeah let's keep looking down on the U.S. There's no way that it has contributed to the world in a monumental way in damn near every field of technology and engineering, that would be insane! People in damn near every country don't use the technology that has come from the U.S. on a daily basis. Nooo, that would be crazy! It also doesn't have the vast majority of the world's top colleges/universities, that would also be insane! Hurr dee durr stupid American rednecks.

Keep looking down on Americans. Canada's major contributions to the world are the wheelchair-accessible bus, the 56K modem, and Linustechtips. OH! And poutine. 

Actually our contributions go much deeper than that.  We were aerospace leaders until the Arrow was canceled.  A large number of those engineers went to the USA afterwards.  We built and still build some of the best turbine engines in the world.  Our nuclear reactor designs are second to none. Our variant of the M16, the C7 is recognized as the best AR rifle built.  Made in Canada was held in the same regard as made in Germany.

People want Trump and Pence because they feel that the system has failed them. And to an extent, that's how my family feels under the Obama presidency, with all the useless money squandering and all. It's likely time for a conservative president for a change.

Let's look at California, to put the United States' debt into perspective. California makes the most money of any state. But it also has a huge fucking amount of debt. San Bernadino filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy a few years back.

Texas, on the other hand, makes less than California, but has far less debt into it.

That's how the United States is. It's a primarily liberal country at the moment that makes a shit ton of money but does not have a feasible way to pay back trillions in debt. And part of that is because they don't know where to make budget cuts, especially concerning the military. Go ahead and cut paychecks but don't fucking bother cutting useless ass projects or budgets for said projects.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

i think people vote trump because its not clinton and vice versa. however im absolutely terrified about either of them being president although trump has said he'd help out the uk no matter what 

There's a lot of bullshit media around Trump. I can actively defend and disprove a lot of the claims made against trump (not all, he's not fucking jesus. He's fucked up plenty) but Hillary on the other hand  is a cloud of mystery. I don't understand why she can't speak the truth about the emails or Benghazi, or anything else for that matter. It all seems to be "avoided".

In addition, she is the wife of a proven corrupted president. What makes people think she'd do any better than her husband?  

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

1 minute ago, christianled59 said:

There's a lot of bullshit media around Trump. I can actively defend and disprove a lot of the claims made against trump (not all, he's not fucking jesus. He's fucked up pleanty) but Hillary on the other hand  is a cloud of mystery. I don't understand why she can't speak the truth about the emails or Benghazi, or anything else for that matter. It all seems to be "avoided". 

i think the us would be kinda fucked either way unless everyone jumps ship to 3rd party

that being said hillary is a fucking moron and the media blows everything out of proportion. i want to be friends (on a personal level, i think we'd get on well) with trump but hillary is a bit of a slag

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

Just now, imPixelTV said:

i think the us would be kinda fucked either way unless everyone jumps ship to 3rd party

that being said hillary is a fucking moron and the media blows everything out of proportion. i want to be friends (on a personal level, i think we'd get on well) with trump but hillary is a bit of a slag

Frankly, I don't think we're "fucked" with either. A president doesn't have all that much power. I'm worried about economics with both presidents. Hillary has a history of making really bad deals, and I'm worried we'll enter another recession with her. Trump, on the other hand, I've got to admit I'm a bit biased with his economic plan. His plan to lower business tax to 15% will benefit me a lot. I do see his stance on making the US more inviting to corporations and expansion, but I'm worried it'll create a corporate controlled society. (his stance on minimum wage though is probably the best I've heard from anyone.)

I feel if trump was more moderate, he'd be the perfect candidate. Although he isn't, perhaps he can push for reformation of our foreign relationships (for the better) and, if necessary, increase military force to hold isis at bay. His personal relations with Russia might also help reduce fear between our nations working together.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

His personal relations with Russia might also help reduce fear between our nations working together.

A-fucking-greed. People tend to forget that he has, at the very least, decent relations with Putin, and Trump having relations with Putin would easily be of benefit.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Frankly, I don't think we're "fucked" with either. A president doesn't have all that much power. I'm worried about economics with both presidents. Hillary has a history of making really bad deals, and I'm worried we'll enter another recession with her. Trump, on the other hand, I've got to admit I'm a bit biased with his economic plan. His plan to lower business tax to 15% will benefit me a lot. I do see his stance on making the US more inviting to corporations and expansion, but I'm worried it'll create a corporate controlled society. (his stance on minimum wage though is probably the best I've heard from anyone.)

I feel if trump was more moderate, he'd be the perfect candidate. Although he isn't, perhaps he can push for reformation of our foreign relationships (for the better) and, if necessary, increase military force to hold isis at bay. His personal relations with Russia might also help reduce fear between our nations working together.

ive said this like 4320957890243850 times but i feel comfortable knowing that the US is at our side if we ever need them

with ex prostitute hillary (i really hate her idk why) the price of the dollar would probably hit a wall, lets just hope theres no hyperinflation. if the media would take a chill pill and stop going mad about trump saying "CHIIIIIINA" and other shit everyone would vote for him (exept feminazis)

i think if he became president, everyone would slightly be at ease becasue of his russian connections. i dont think anyone would fuck with either nation. 

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

26 minutes ago, NavyCuda said:

Actually our contributions go much deeper than that.  We were aerospace leaders until the Arrow was canceled.  A large number of those engineers went to the USA afterwards.  We built and still build some of the best turbine engines in the world.  Our nuclear reactor designs are second to none. Our variant of the M16, the C7 is recognized as the best AR rifle built.  Made in Canada was held in the same regard as made in Germany.

Even assuming that's all correct, those are some pretty minuscule contributions all around. So keep looking down on the U.S. It makes total sense.

1. Even then Canada wasn't that high up the totem pole. Plus... Avro Canada was just a subsidiary of Avro- a British company.

2. Going as general as "turbines" what turbines? It's hard to beat Westinghouse, GE, and Siemens... 2 of which are U.S. companies.

3. By whose standards? And what timeframe? Regardless, the U.S. is the world's largest supplier of commercial nuclear power. Hell, China's nuclear power program is growing faster than either the U.S. or Canada (although they are using a few CANDU reactors). 

4. I don't know enough on that topic to refute that. 

5. For what fields? It sure as hell isn't for most. It's a slightly less-shitty "Made in China." Roughly equal to "Made in Japan."

5 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Even assuming that's all correct, those are some pretty minuscule contributions all around. 

Given our limited population, limited National income, those contributions become much more important.  Well to our own national pride at least.

7 minutes ago, NavyCuda said:

Given our limited population, limited National income, those contributions become much more important.  Well to our own national pride at least.

That's fair. Still, I would like clarification on the "turbine" bit. It really is hard to beat Westinghouse, GE, and Siemens. Although, Siemens did purchase that section of Westinghouse's business IIRC. What's Canada's contribution?

Oh, and Voith is pretty damn good for hydros.

@JoeyDM

Pratt & Whitly is a pretty well known name.  I was thinking in terms of gas turbines.  Orenda was/is another good name.  I find turbine engines very interesting but they are out side the scope of my expertise.

8 minutes ago, NavyCuda said:

@JoeyDM

Pratt & Whitly is a pretty well known name.  I was thinking in terms of gas turbines.  Orenda was/is another good name.  I find turbine engines very interesting but they are out side the scope of my expertise.

Gas Turbines? Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Westinghouse, GE, and Siemens are the global leaders for gas turbines. And Mitsubishi has some pretty damn good ones.

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

A-fucking-greed. People tend to forget that he has, at the very least, decent relations with Putin, and Trump having relations with Putin would easily be of benefit.

Donald Trump being pals with an aggressive dictator combating American hegemony is a good thing. You heard it here first, folks.

Hillary Clinton - The email incident (Colin Powell did the same thing) hurt her.  She has several superpacs helping her out and big donors to funneling money her way.  While as a senator voted for Bush to invade Iraq.  Also overthrow of Qaddafi (humanitarian crisis) spawned the vacuum.

Donald Trump -Filed bankruptcy 4 times, won't release his taxes cause he hasn't paid no federal taxes.  Claims he's an outsider but always donated to Democrats.  Theirs a video floating around in 06/07 praying the house market to crash so he can buy properties and it fell in '08.

Also voted for Iraq war and was for Qaddafi overthrow.

Both candidates are flawed but I'll spin it for Clinton cause Trump has publicly stated he would dissolve Nato and wouldn't rule out nuking Europe.

It's like asking people whether they'd like to be driven off a cliff in a red car or a blue one. You're fucked either way, the car makes no difference.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Did you guys know that there are 2 more candidates other than Hilary & Trump? Of course based on both Hilary's and Trump's popularity it would be a fool move to put vote on those other two candidates but come on...my opinion on Hilary & Trump is that they're both as stupid as each other. Yep, done watched the first debate and for a couple minutes in the opening I thought I was watching two kids arguing in pre-school. It's terrible. America (by this I mean The United States of America lol)  has gone nuts, really. What the hell just happened? So many talented politicians, so many talented businessmen and hard-working people with the willing and force to lead a country and you got these two? Gotta be kidding me. Ridiculous and laughable. I find no words I am glad I'm not from the US.

1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:

They're both fucking nuts though :/ 

That is why people say Why choose the left nut or the right nut when you can have the Johnson? LOL 

Trump scares the shit out of me. Hes the only candidate who has used the words "We have Nukes". We can not have a political leader who thinks using nuclear weapons is ok. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

That is why people say Why choose the left nut or the right nut when you can have the Johnson? LOL 

Trump scares the shit out of me. Hes the only candidate who has used the words "We have Nukes". We can not have a political leader who thinks using nuclear weapons is ok. 

You can have Philippines President likens Jews to drug addicts. Will happy to slaughter 3 millions in Philippines.

Trump isn't so bad compares to that nut job.

its like choosing between eating shit or eating a rotten raw piece of meat that was sitting in the sun for 7 days, i still prefer trump tho, hes less shady.

2 hours ago, Deli said:

You can have Philippines President likens Jews to drug addicts. Will happy to slaughter 3 millions in Philippines.

Trump isn't so bad compares to that nut job.

hmmmm killing 3 million people or over 7 billion people. Which is worse? Because if Trump manages to launch a nuclear weapon over 7 billion will die. Once we launch, the Russians will launch, then China and things start going south really quickly. Remember the United States has enough Nuclear power to destroy the entire world 4 times. These weapons can never and I mean never be used. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

hmmmm killing 3 million people or over 7 billion people. Which is worse? Because if Trump manages to launch a nuclear weapon over 7 billion will die. Once we launch, the Russians will launch, then China and things start going south really quickly. Remember the United States has enough Nuclear power to destroy the entire world 4 times. These weapons can never and I mean never be used. 

Can I have the winning lotto numbers, since you seem to be able to see into the future.

Just now, NavyCuda said:

Can I have the winning lotto numbers, since you seem to be able to see into the future.

I cant see in to the future, but I know history. When it comes to nukes there is only one rule. MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction). Trump has stated "We have Nuke" when talking about foreign policy. Sorry, but I want some one in office, that wont turn to the worst weapons ever developed by man. 

48 minutes ago, BestBOTEU said:

its like choosing between eating shit or eating a rotten raw piece of meat that was sitting in the sun for 7 days, i still prefer trump tho, hes less shady.

Yeah he's so much less shady he's the first major party presidential nominee since Gerald Ford not to release his tax returns...

I would rather have someone willing to use a weapon that will result in a permanent solution rather than continuing the state of perpetual war.  The middle east needs a rude wake up call that Western Civilization is not willing to allow them to drag us back into the dark ages.