Linus's cat may have been found!

Ashley
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

Actually crying right now. Thanks for your support guys. 

I've missed my baby.

@LinusTechSeriously, go to your giveaway thread of HTC one, cross one out and give it to the person who found rocket! I must say, that we all shall agree with this, and that the person should get a fantastic reward for bringing you the more likly happiest day in (atleast a big part) of your life.

How do we setup those crowd funding pages?  Remember that lady on the bus who was bullied by the ignorant teens, and the page exploded with over $100K?  We need to start one of those for the reward for the guy or girl who found the cat.

I've missed my baby.

We need LinusCatTips videos.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

I've missed my baby.

Have you ever considered getting your cats microchipped?

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

They are.  It sounds like kitty was being fed outdoors by someone. . . . then a pic made its why here.  Rocket was playing alley cat.  Not in a shelter or somewhere to be scanned. 

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

I'm sure all us other pet owners (as well as non pet owners too i guess :) ) on your forum have released a great big sigh of relief on Rocket's return.   Congrats.

They are.  It sounds like kitty was being fed outdoors by someone. . . . then a pic made its why here.  Rocket was playing alley cat.  Not in a shelter or somewhere to be scanned. 

I didn't know if they were chipped or not.  I don't remember Linus ever mentioning it.

I didn't know if they were chipped or not.  I don't remember Linus ever mentioning it.

He mentioned it in the talk when it first happened, it was confirmed they are both chipped. . .  i recall reading it many times.  I sorta follow cat stuff. . . .

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

Next Wan Show: Rocket gets to step on ALL the cases!

How to make a cat tree out of computer cases!  That's a video I wanna see.

YES!!!!@!!!@#!@$#!@#!!!!

Best new ever to come home to!!!!

I'm so happy for you and your family Linus! Maybe even Rumble will be glad to see Rocket the sneaky little bugger! :D

When I first saw this thread it had about 20 views...I go away to watch a movie and have dinner and it's approaching 20,000 views...damn

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

so glad to hear this. make a reunion video! You've abandon Linus cat tips for a while now

I think he did have them microchipped.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Happy for ya m8!!

as a "multi Animal config RIG" user I can totally understand A TEAR or 2 of happiness when ya get a loved one home again.

Much of love for you and o your Rocket!

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

so glad to hear this. make a reunion video! You've abandon Linus cat tips for a while now

Agreed!  Kitties can react rather strongly to reunions. My better half was in the hospital for two weeks last year. . .  my at the time very quiet kitty made an adorable fuss when he was finally home.  Lots of meowing, purring and rubbing to be had. . . kitty very clearly knew he had been gone and was happy to have his buddy home.  I so wish I would have thought to film it. 

great news! don't know why, but i got tears in my eyes when reading through this thread.

our cat was missing for over half a year but is also back safe.

great news! don't know why, but i got tears in my eyes when reading through this thread.

our cat was missing for over half a year but is also back safe.

Wow! You must feel VERY lucky do have gotten him/her back after half a year

Awesome! I'm amazed that rocket was found... You're a very lucky man Linus! I'm happy for you!