Tim Baxter President & COO of Samsung Electronics America Issued a Note 7 Apology Video

Dat ip-C4 rating doe :ph34r:

note-7-02banner.jpg

Cold Water on that burnt area

Samsung COO Tim Baxter President & COO of Samsung Electronics America issues video apology over Note7 battery issue through a personalized video to those who are affected & address those who still have the Note 7 in their possession to safely handle the device , the government and Samsung are both encouraging users to shut down and discontinue use of the phone and return it.

“It’s an effort, but not strong enough to make a difference, The damage is done. Their brand is now damaged. The only question is how deep will that damage go and how long will that damage last?

- Kagan (Independent Analyst)

Check if you have received the phone from a bad batch over here >>

http://www.samsung.com/us/note7recall/

Sample image of a damaged note 7 that burned up the phone due to malfunctioned battery ,

cthn9rralrm9wggcl2co.jpg

Samsung had received 92 reports of batteries overheating in the US , including 26 reports of burns and 55 reports of property damage, including fires in cars and a garage.

"Samsung has taken the initiative to make things right and I suspect most consumers will be pleased ,Samsung will likely suffer no ill will long term, But the exchange and refund process might be potentially costly to Samsung, he added, but "it puts a halt to the negative perception and helps them remain a reputable supplier of products in the consumer's eyes."

- Jack Gold (J.Gold Associates)

The issue according to Samsung was resolved by replacing te current battery with a newer one which clears off this issue completely & has been verified by a 3rd party independent lithium ion battery expert

He also claimed that there had been close to a 130,000 note 7 exchanges that have already taken place (time of shooting the video) ,

20160901000418_0.jpgnexus2cee_galaxy-note-7-exploded.png

Mr. Baxter addresses the issue, states that it has been resolved, and that new Galaxy Note 7 units are completely safe to use

Not sure if this resolves the FAA ban on all users that have a note 7 in their possession n the coming days, currently it's still banned fro in flight use & storage

TimBaxter.jpgsamsung-galaxy-note-7-exploding-funny-re

Sources:

http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/15/samsung-replacement-note7-devices-as-part-of-voluntary-recall-president-tim-baxter-video-messaging/

http://techaeris.com/2016/09/16/samsung-coo-tim-baxter-issues-video-apology-note7/

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/09/16/president-coo-samsung-america-issues-formal-apology-video/

http://www.computerworld.com/article/3121109/smartphones/in-video-samsung-apologizes-over-note7-battery-defects.html

Details separate people.

How many were sold if 130,000 have been exchanged so far?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

It is respectable that they owned up to the problem and accepted responsibility. Only slight problem i have is his language "to protect American consumers" I know he is from Samsung America but it would have been nice to do something 90% of american companies don't do and recognize that the rest of the world exists.

My PC: I7 4770 (3.4Ghz)

32Gb Corsair Xms3 DDR3

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti

Asus Z87-A Motherboard

Samsung 120gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Aerocool Xpredator Evil Black

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8502026

9 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

How many were sold if 130,000 have been exchanged so far?

I've seen the number 2.5 million talked about before.

Edit: https://www.cnet.com/news/samsungs-us-galaxy-note-7-owners-exchanged-13-percent-of-their-phones-recall/

2.5m made, 1m sold. All 2.5m are being recalled.

Woot 1k posts!

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Just now, Bensemus said:

I've seen the number 2.5 million talked about before.

That seems awfully high. Congrats on the 1000 posts so far :)

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

That seems awfully high. Congrats on the 1000 posts so far :)

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsungs-us-galaxy-note-7-owners-exchanged-13-percent-of-their-phones-recall/

So 2.5 million is the number that was made while only ~1 million have been sold so far. However all 2.5 million are being recalled as they don't seem to know which batches were affected.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Nah, they need more explosions. I found out Michael Bay was pissed off at one of Samsung's presentations back in 2014. The problem has been solved.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/01/06/michael-bay-had-a-rough-day-at-ces-with-samsung-says-i-just-embarrassed-myself/

Groomlake Authority

Just imagine if the batteries were still removable. Just send everyone a new battery with return postage paid for the old battery. Simple and you don't have to take apart hundreds of thousands of phones to do it. And possible wreck the "water proof" aspect of the phone by opening it, Although I don't know if that would be an issue.

17 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I am having a blast will all of this drama.

A blast? do you have a note 7?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Still getting mine when it's in stock.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

At least they dealt with it pretty quickly. I've never liked Samsung phones, but I think the Note 7 is still a great piece of kit, albeit a bit expensive. So unfortunate that this had to happen to them.

Sidenote: If iPhone 7s start blowing up, Apple will just say you're holding it wrong. xD

1 hour ago, Magnetorheological said:

At least they dealt with it pretty quickly. I've never liked Samsung phones, but I think the Note 7 is still a great piece of kit, albeit a bit expensive. So unfortunate that this had to happen to them.

Sidenote: If iPhone 7s start blowing up, Apple will just say you're holding it wrong. xD

and give you a free fire extinguisher if you claim it in the next 30 days after release, afte that it's 99.99

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>