An Australian makes what possibly is the smallest SLI PC case

Castdeath97

635Z9VG.jpg

An Australian gamer might have created on of the smallest custom SLI cases through Protocase, around spending 3500.

An Australian Gamer has created the world's smallest SLI ready PC case, spending over $4025CAD (approx $3500US) to create the custom chassis through Protocase. 

This system contains dual GTX 1080 GPUs which are connected to the system via PCIe risers and to each other using a custom SLI bridge. The chassis itself cost a lot more to manufacture than the $3500CAD that was used to purchase the PCs internal components.

This chassis was designed for the Australian IT consultant Lukasz Dyjakon, who wanted a case that was small and had a beautifully simplistic design. The chassis is 30cm x 30cm x 10cm, making this chassis tiny when compared to most modern gaming PCs. 

The designer, Lukasz Dyjakon, plans to approach some manufacturers to raise interest in this design.

Lukasz Dyjakon, the designer behind this custom chassis plans on approach a "number of high volume manufacturers" in order to gauge interest in this unique chassis design.

More images:

h4VCFMY.jpg

jNTTrzR.jpg

s6fTtWN.png

I kinda like it! I just wish that SLI connector could be moved elsewhere, it does look awkward at its place.

Source 1: http://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/australian_gamer_creates_the_world_s_smallest_sli_ready_pc_case/1

Source 2 (older): http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/07/this-is-the-smallest-most-powerful-4k-gaming-pc-youve-ever-seen/

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

3.5 GRAND FOR F -ing CASE? :D Wow!!! But the design is epic i must say.

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

So bigger case can be done for $100 but this small shite has manufacturing cost of over $3500 ????

It must cure cancer while it makes a sandwich !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

1 minute ago, Thony said:

So bigger case can be done for $100 but this small shite has manufacturing cost of over $3500 ????

'It's only because it's a one off. If it entered mass production it would be a lot cheaper.

13 minutes ago, Thony said:

Pretty sure custom designs can get expensive, after all they aren't usually mass produced so fixed costs aren't spread. Don't think Linus's custom case was any cheaper.

Pascal laptops guide

10 minutes ago, Thony said:

Well, this case is bespoke, and we all know how much bespoke items cost lol

The case itself doesn't cost that much to make. That's the accumulated cost of paying a company to take it from a CAD design to an actual product.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

doesn't support standard power supplies tho, that looks like a server grade form factor

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

2 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Does anyone know how it performs?

It could get very hot in there!

Well, the GPUs are in a isolated compartment and the case seems to have okay ventilation, so it looks good. I mean with the results Linus got form the Dan case I wouldn't expect anything bad or awful.

Pascal laptops guide

17 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Well, the GPUs are in a isolated compartment and the case seems to have okay ventilation, so it looks good. I mean with the results Linus got form the Dan case I wouldn't expect anything bad or awful.

Sure, but the low profile cpu cooler could be an issue performance wise

3 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Pretty sure custom designs can get expensive, after all they aren't usually mass produced so fixed costs aren't spread. Don't think Linus's custom case was any cheaper.

Sounds like I should buy a factory and only do custom work. ChiChing $$$$$$

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I have a dream of owning a case that small :/, that can have a dual 240mm fan AIO and support SLI gpu's.

Groomlake Authority

With that much cash you could put together a Raven rvz02 or a Dan case build with a Titan XP and basically be ok even for fucking 4k gaming. Plus it would be smaller, and you'd have a cool extra 1500 left on your bank account.

Just sayin'

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, rattacko123 said:

doesn't support standard power supplies tho, that looks like a server grade form factor

Could be but you'd have trouble finding a 1U(?) PSU that can power two 1080s, or if you did it'd be noisy as hell. Really wish they'd go into more detail with PSUs and mini cases

10 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Sure, but the low profile cpu cooler could be an issue performance wise

Well, it could. But, even with the dan case, it did fair well with limited airflow-it basically had no airflow! But, it all depends on the venting on the other side panel, which I can find an image of anywhere.

1 minute ago, Thony said:

I'm no economist, but managing those fixed costs could be difficult.

Pascal laptops guide

21 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

With that much cash you could put together a Raven rvz02 or a Dan case build with a Titan XP and basically be ok even for fucking 4k gaming. Plus it would be smaller, and you'd have a cool extra 1500 left on your bank account.

Just sayin'

One Titan XP is still not enough for 4K 60fps though, maybe we will finally get 4K 60fps with one card once Volta or even Vega comes out, who knows.

Pascal laptops guide

20 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

One Titan XP is still not enough for 4K 60fps though, maybe we will finally get 4K 60fps with one card once Volta or even Vega comes out, who knows.

Witcher 3 Ultra, 4k:

View Full Size

One small hiccup but consistently over 60 FPS.  I think you're flatout wrong here. 1 is enough for 4k gaming.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Witcher 3 Ultra, 4k:

View Full Size

One small hiccup but consistently over 60 FPS.  I think you're flatout wrong here. 1 is enough for 4k gaming.

With games like Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider probably not:

It still possible with many games, yes I guess you are right with that.

Pascal laptops guide

3500? i'll wait for thermaltake's version 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 20/09/2016 at 2:25 AM, Thony said:

On 20/09/2016 at 5:43 AM, Thony said:

Well not as much as you might think. It involves prototyping, machining probably multiple revisions, interacting with the client to make changes for feasibility reasons,etc. So it is also costly for the the factory

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

That's gorgeous

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Beautiful.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W