Should I buy Gta V or No mans sky?

laushik

I'm looking for a game that is fun...  should I get grand theft auto five or no Mans sky? On steam.

System

• CPU
    I7 6700K Overclocked to 4.6 GHz at 1.33v
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 16GB 3000MHZ
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G overclocked to 2063 MHZ and 8900 MHZ memory clock
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage
    WD 1TB BLUE AND SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA 650W GQ
  • Display(s)
    LG 25UM58-P ULTRAWIDE and LG 29UM58-P 29 ULTRAWIDE
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR H100I GTX
  • Keyboard
    CORSAIR K70
  • Mouse
    LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS SPECTRUM
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 PRO
  •  
  •  

Just now, laushik said:

I'm looking for a game that is fun...  should I get grand theft auto five or no Mans sky? On steam.

GTA

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

GTA

no mans sky is fun, but only for the first hour or so, after that you've experienced everything the game has to offer, and i mean everything. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

GTA

Red (Soon to be Retired)CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: CM 212 Evo  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz Mobo: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 SSD: Kingston 128 GB (Boot), Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB (Main Games) HDD: WD Black 1 TB (Storage + Older Games) PSU: EVGA W1 500W Monitor: Dell ST2220l 21.5". Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard, Razer Deathadder Mouse, SteelSeries mosepad, 

110% GTA V

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Ok what are other new games I should consider?

System

• CPU
    I7 6700K Overclocked to 4.6 GHz at 1.33v
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 16GB 3000MHZ
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G overclocked to 2063 MHZ and 8900 MHZ memory clock
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage
    WD 1TB BLUE AND SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA 650W GQ
  • Display(s)
    LG 25UM58-P ULTRAWIDE and LG 29UM58-P 29 ULTRAWIDE
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR H100I GTX
  • Keyboard
    CORSAIR K70
  • Mouse
    LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS SPECTRUM
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 PRO
  •  
  •  

Just now, laushik said:

Rise Of the Tomb Raider. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 minutes ago, Atmos said:

GTA

no mans sky is fun, but only for the first hour or so, after that you've experienced everything the game has to offer, and i mean everything. 

If by everything you mean explore everything then thats impossible. I kinda completed the game. Got to the point where there is nothing left to do but still a lot to see.

Personally though i prefer nomans sky. But i used cheats in gta so i own absolutely everything. Only thing for me to do there is to login once in a while to play new dlc.

Avoid NMS!

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

3 minutes ago, xgn said:

If by everything you mean explore everything then thats impossible. I kinda completed the game. Got to the point where there is nothing left to do but still a lot to see.

Personally though i prefer nomans sky. But i used cheats in gta so i own absolutely everything. Only thing for me to do there is to login once in a while to play new dlc.

From what I've heard from other people(I haven't played it, nor will I), the game becomes very repetitive after a little while.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If you look over the fact that no man's sky was a huge let down its actually an adequately fun game (I know that sounds weird, but it makes total sense)

its the kind of game where you just put on some music and relax and go exploring the galaxy. If you play it like a hardcore gamer like a lot of people do then you will be disappointed. if you play it with the expectation of everything you were promised by the devs pre-release, then you will be disappointed (like spore was). It is certainly not for everyone, and the game can feel repetitive, but i think people only make a big stink about it when they compare it to what they feel they were promised no mans sky would be. Know what else is repetitive? WoW, CoD, LoL, and pretty much every other high end game out there. its the same quests, the same maps, the same everything and they are all hugely successful games.

So, if you're into the open world "explore shit just to explore shit" kind of game then no mans sky is fine. If you're not into that then don't get it. I think GTA V has more replay-ability than NMS does, but NMS can still be played for many many hours if you're the kind of person who likes that kind of game. I for one would buy NMS over GTA V

4 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

From what I've heard from other people(I haven't played it, nor will I), the game becomes very repetitive after a little while.

Exactly. But its fun to explore. I like how you always find a new planet with new creatures. This game is fun the first couple of hours then it get repetitive agree.

17 minutes ago, laushik said:

Fallout 4 is personally my favorite game. I'd recommend it

Red (Soon to be Retired)CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: CM 212 Evo  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz Mobo: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 SSD: Kingston 128 GB (Boot), Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB (Main Games) HDD: WD Black 1 TB (Storage + Older Games) PSU: EVGA W1 500W Monitor: Dell ST2220l 21.5". Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard, Razer Deathadder Mouse, SteelSeries mosepad, 

19 minutes ago, laushik said:

I would recommend Fallout 4, best game I played recently.

6 minutes ago, DGB said:

Fallout 4 is personally my favorite game. I'd recommend it

Did you just change your profile picture after that comment :)

Just now, Inkz said:

Did you just change your profile picture after that comment :)

no..JK i was planning to do it earlier and that reminded me to do it,xD

Just now, DGB said:

no..JK i was planning to do it earlier and that reminded me to do it,xD

Oh, ok. Although your anime character was also a cool one.

Just now, Inkz said:

Oh, ok. Although your anime character was also a cool one.

It was Hinami from Tokyo Ghoul. Best anime in the world

9 minutes ago, DGB said:

It was Hinami from Tokyo Ghoul. Best anime in the world

I haven't seen it yet, but I hear good things and it is on my to watch list.

Just now, Inkz said:

I haven't seen it yet, but I hear good things and it is on my to do list.

good. you wont regret it.

50 minutes ago, xgn said:

then by your own logic you've not completed gta either. Have you done absolutely everything that can be done? No, I bet you've not tried to fly a jet upside down underneath every bridge in los santos while being chased by savage whos firing rockets at you. 

Yes thats an absurd challenge but its part of the game, and since you've not done it, you've not completed gta. 

That kind of logic is moronic at best.

No mans sky has such little variation from planet to planet, and the things you do on each planet so small and unvarried that simply exploring a handful of planets gives you pretty much every experience yhe game has to offer. to quote AJS, the game is as wide as an ocean, but as deep as a puddle, you experience everything it has in only a couple hours. 

edit: damn auto correct

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Get GTAV. It's much better value and much more fun. There are also steam sales for GTA quite often, which makes it an even better value.