Apple Announces the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus

Although I have no problem with them removing the only universal jack they have on the phone, since myself rarely use it (bluetooth all the time), I don't see the needs to upgrade, especially when you have an iPhone 6S already (or even iPhone 6).

There are simply nothing is really interesting (lack of innovation). On the other side, Samsung releases a very nice phone, albeit with pyro technology inside.

I actually wonder what will happen with their releases. Like Intel, their schedule has been disrupted. The 7 was not really redesigned in any major way and actually received more of an internal upgrade which is usually what the S version is about. So are they gonna release an 7S with updated design and just flip their schedule? Are they gonna call it the 8 because of a major update? Or are they gonna move to a different naming scheme all together to differentiate and denote the supposedly large changes like with the iPad (iPad 1-4, iPad Air 1-2 and now iPad Pro with multiple sizes)?

18 minutes ago, dlink377 said:

There are simply nothing is really interesting (lack of innovation). On the other side, Samsung releases a very nice phone, albeit with pyro technology inside.

It's a feature. You're just holding it wrong.

Skipped lot of lengthy posts till here..

IMHO Removing a 'standard' from a device is stupidity.

I suppose in coming years they might remove the touch screen and tell their fan boys to do all stuff by voice commands :ph34r: (and fan boys might defend that action too)

Going by the design of headphones- from business point of view it is profitable. Just imagine, you invent something that is costly, has parts that can be easily lost :D

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

56 minutes ago, dlink377 said:

Although I have no problem with them removing the only universal jack they have on the phone, since myself rarely use it (bluetooth all the time), I don't see the needs to upgrade, especially when you have an iPhone 6S already (or even iPhone 6).

Upgrading from my iphone 6 to the iPhone 7+ - these are the new features

4k Video

Video stabilisation

2x zoom lens

better front camera

Bigger higher resolution brighter better colour display

Stereo speakers

Better CPU and GPU for gaming

Water resistence

256gb of storage

Quad LED flash

the new home button and new features

3d Touch (not on 6)

way better battery life (its a plus and a 7 so like a good 30% easily)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

35 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

the new home button and new features

That will include the 2nd gen Touch ID which came out on the 6s/6s+ which tbf is noticeably quicker than the already quick one on my 6, so one more new feature for you :D

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

1 hour ago, beingGamer said:

I suppose in coming years they might remove the touch screen and tell their fan boys to do all stuff by voice commands :ph34r: (and fan boys might defend that action too)

Going by the design of headphones- from business point of view it is profitable. Just imagine, you invent something that is costly, has parts that can be easily lost :D

aeebb56d66b7adf7fb704f99484d73ba84c7c42c

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

but earpods dont stay in my ears and dont sound good enough for the cost

I think the bigger problem will be that people lose them. They don't have any band connecting them so you will constantly have to keep track of both, and they are small. If you for some reason have to take one out of your ear (like if someone wants to talk to you) then you can't just pull one of them out of your ear and drop it. You will have to carry that big box around to store them in.

Just now, LAwLz said:

I think the bigger problem will be that people lose them. They don't have any band connecting them so you will constantly have to keep track of both, and they are small. If you for some reason have to take one out of your ear (like if someone wants to talk to you) then you can't just pull one of them out of your ear and drop it. You will have to carry that big box around to store them in.

See the "losing" argument, im not sure, my in ears when coiled up into a tiny ball are easy to lose if I put them down etc, if I had to pull one out, id put it back into the charge box (its a tiny box, come on) or in my pocket

yes they are easier to lose, but thats my Z concern on my A-Z list

Problems are:

Comfort - ear pods fall out and are uncomfy (FOR ME)

do not seal like in ears, so are prone to falling out

looks - they look retarded

Price (assuming the sound quality is on par/worse than normal earpods that you get free)

if they did the silicone in ear style, id be all over it especially if they were small etc a bit like some of the pther products on the market

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

19 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

They don't have any band connecting them so you will constantly have to keep track of both, and they are small. If you for some reason have to take one out of your ear (like if someone wants to talk to you) 

So I don't really care about the rest of the argument because I won't be buying AirPods anyway, but you've actually pointed out a huge benefit for me that I'd never considered. If I want to share headphones (with say my girlfriend in bed or a friend sitting next to me on a plane) I can just give her one and still be free to roll over/go to the bathroom/do other stuff I feel like with complete freedom of movement. Anything that gets other people out of my personal space is fine with me.

3 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

snip

I just imagine you shoving an AirPod into your girlfriend's hands and saying "take this and get the fuck out of my personal space".

6 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

I just imagine you shoving an AirPod into your girlfriend's hands and saying "take this and get the fuck out of my personal space".

I already do that, just with a bottle of wine instead of headphones.

On 2016-09-08 at 2:33 PM, RedRound2 said:

People used to use optical drives widely enough that people were pissed atleast for a couple of years. The usage of optical drives significantly reduced after other manufactures followed apple and abandoned it.

I have 'ditched' CD drive way long ago (probly 10 yrs ago) than apple removed them. Yes, I still use it for some old movie playing time to time, but the removal of CD player did not change anything I regularly do with my pc And it happens when we have other way of store staff with much better quality and efficiency : Hard drives. But this headphone jack is much different story for me, at least.

Maybe its the tradeoff they made to add in the stero speaker? becuz tat jack really takes up a lot of space. I would call it a trade off and some may like it and some dont. Its sweet to have water proof and stereo speaker but the 3.5mm jack is still a painful thing to adapt for a lot of ppl. especially when the substitude tech (bluetooth, lighting charge adapter) is either not tat mature and widely used or stupid to have in first place.

6 hours ago, beingGamer said:

That's a silly analogy. Apple decided that the market didn't need physical keyboards and went with touch screens instead. One could say it was a move purely for profit since touch screens are more fragile and more expensive to repair (= more profit for Apple!).

Or maybe that sounds ridiculous which it is. lmfao.

I am seeing a lot of needless bickering revolving around the removal of the 3.5mm jack in the iPhone 7. I am not taking one side or the other in these discussions, but let me offer something. While wireless audio is not a suitable replacement YET (although it is already good enough for the general populace), I can see one good reason why the socket has to go, which nobody seems to have brought up (forgive me if somebody has).

Now let us look at the nature of analog transmission. An analogous signal is a sinusoidal pattern, relative to frequency (bit rate) and amplitude (power). The problem with that is that the lengthier the travel distance between the source and destination, the more noise will be introduced into the circuit, which in this case translates to data corruption. If you recall, this was one of the major reasons that VGA connectors are so widely reviled nowadays. Now how does that compare to a digital signal? A digital signal is binary, only ones and zeros, meaning that the factor of data loss is completely removed for all intents and purposes. With a 3.5mm, you would risk losing some audio quality in busier environments if you have a particularly lengthy cable, and also have to deal with the awkward situation of a semi-functional set of cans when the cable starts fraying. With a USB-type connection, it either works to the best of it's abilities or it does not work at all. In addition, you can have the amp/dac units much closer to the headphones, which provides not only a cleaner overall end signal, but potentially does a higher-end conversion over what most mobile devices (including laptops) have packed in.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

9 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

I am seeing a lot of needless bickering revolving around the removal of the 3.5mm jack in the iPhone 7. I am not taking one side or the other in these discussions, but let me offer something. While wireless audio is not a suitable replacement YET (although it is already good enough for the general populace), I can see one good reason why the socket has to go, which nobody seems to have brought up (forgive me if somebody has).

Now let us look at the nature of analog transmission. An analogous signal is a sinusoidal pattern, relative to frequency (bit rate) and amplitude (power). The problem with that is that the lengthier the travel distance between the source and destination, the more noise will be introduced into the circuit, which in this case translates to data corruption. If you recall, this was one of the major reasons that VGA connectors are so widely reviled nowadays. Now how does that compare to a digital signal? A digital signal is binary, only ones and zeros, meaning that the factor of data loss is completely removed for all intents and purposes. With a 3.5mm, you would risk losing some audio quality in busier environments if you have a particularly lengthy cable, and also have to deal with the awkward situation of a semi-functional set of cans when the cable starts fraying. With a USB-type connection, it either works to the best of it's abilities or it does not work at all. In addition, you can have the amp/dac units much closer to the headphones, which provides not only a cleaner overall end signal, but potentially does a higher-end conversion over what most mobile devices (including laptops) have packed in.

when wires have been shielded for who knows how long and and no interference happen even when to try to use a desktop headset with 2 meters of cable, i don't see how that is an issue.

Then you look at folks like LG, HTC, ZTE, Huawei or Sony who have been packing better and better DACs and sets of AMPs with no user complaining about signal noise, makes you wonder what Apple has been doing this all time without

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

12 hours ago, Devin92 said:

I have 'ditched' CD drive way long ago (probly 10 yrs ago) than apple removed them. Yes, I still use it for some old movie playing time to time, but the removal of CD player did not change anything I regularly do with my pc And it happens when we have other way of store staff with much better quality and efficiency : Hard drives. But this headphone jack is much different story for me, at least.

Maybe its the tradeoff they made to add in the stero speaker? becuz tat jack really takes up a lot of space. I would call it a trade off and some may like it and some dont. Its sweet to have water proof and stereo speaker but the 3.5mm jack is still a painful thing to adapt for a lot of ppl. especially when the substitude tech (bluetooth, lighting charge adapter) is either not tat mature and widely used or stupid to have in first place.

You don't represent every other person in the world. There are still a lot of places where internet usage is restricted and CDs are still preferred. 

Right now the headphone jack doesn't affect me much because I switched to wireless a while ago, doesn't mean it not going to affect people who still use it

2 hours ago, zMeul said:

AirPods Strap, Spigen [Never Lose Your AirPods] (PATENT PENDING): https://www.amazon.com/AirPods-Spigen-PENDING-Connector-Airpods/dp/B01LVZ4SXN/

511OoQ-h68L._SL1000_.jpg

don't know what's more dumb: that someone would actually take the trouble to patent this or the ludicrous price they'll put on it 

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

don't know what's more dumb: that someone would actually take the trouble to patent this or the ludicrous price they'll put on it 

its $10

5 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

its $10

You know that doesn't make it sound better, right? also 10 discounted, list price is 20

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

You know that doesn't make it sound better, right? also 10 discounted, list price is 20

$10 is nothing

Ive seen articles list it as $10 so id ignore the $20 amazon listing 

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

$10 is nothing

Ive seen articles list it as $10 so id ignore the $20 amazon listing 

10$ for such product is ridiculous

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

10$ for such product is ridiculous

Id pay $10 for something quality from a trusted brand to protect my $160 headphones

Seems reasonable 

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

You know this costs pennies to do this.. and I mean with good quality material. Probably comes up to 1-2$ with packaging, R&D, and marketing and all that.

So what? An item shouldn't be priced relative to how much it costs to make, but rather how much will make it the most profitable. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.