[Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7 6950X | Titan X | Borosilicate Glass Tubing

Revan654
6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Technically the OEM is ECS, which is not known for higher end gaming motherboards... Four SATA ports is terrible though. Not to mention the price tag of $250 (was at some point $300)

NZXT Brand has never been know for High end products. It's know of mid to budget level products(It's nothing wrong with that, not everyone can afford 200 dollar fan controllers and such). Board is just very plain and boring if you ask me. I would go with other brands before I even consider NZXT motherboard. Not to mention there is no track record yet for the board.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

21 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

Yeah,I love the look and usefulness of the Polaris fans, I have 2x 120mm RGB on the way to me right now, should get them by Wednesday.

Let me know how you like them. I would get some however due to how harddrive bays are setup I can't use 120x4 flex-bays since there not enough space to add the the bays.

InWin fans look to be much high quality built then whats out there today. However the fans are not designed for waterCooling or anything that requires static pressure. There only for Case Fans and nothing more.

3 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Let me know how you like them. I would get some however due to how harddrive bays are setup I can't use 120x4 flex-bays since there not enough space to add the the bays.

InWin fans look to be much high quality built then whats out there today. However the fans are not designed for waterCooling or anything that requires static pressure. There only for Case Fans and nothing more.

Yeah, they look awesome compared to many other fans I have seen, and as you say, the build quality and function looks excellent... I can't wait to try them. Yes they are indeed only for case fan usage, as not high enough static pressure for rads. I am changing out my rad fans ATM to corsair SP120mm fans. The ones I have are fine, but they are cheaply made, as you can hear the rattle on them sometimes... they came with the coolermaster master liquid 240 lite AIOs I have on my main rig, and my mining rig.. yeah I know, but they were only £42, so only a tiny bit more expensive than a cheap air cooler. My main rig only hits around 50C under full load (Ryzen 1700 @4Ghz) and my mining rig is being ridden hard right now mining garlic and the cpu even is on 98-100 almost all the time, I have the 4670K in that rig only at 4Ghz, and temp hasn't gone above 50C either, this is in a room which ATM is mid 20s I would say. The GPUs are coping well, worst one is hitting 68c and is also in the middle slot of 3 GPUs.. as I haven't had time to complete my frame yet, need to get to that soon :/

Once I get the Inwin fans I'll let you know what I think of them, am fairly sure it'll be a positive review :D

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

wa2fQ24l.jpg

This is why Data Caps should not exist in this day and age. Verizon has datacaps but there close to 10TB. Thankfully Comcast does not enforce the datacap in my area. 

1080p TV Episode = 10 GB per Episode

Games 20 to 40 GB

Misc 1080p Media - 2 to 5 Gigs per file

1TB is just not enough specially with user who use the connection to watch TV, Movies & play games monthly. If you head into 4K it would eat datacap in a few days.

What is strange is they offer One & two gig lines but the datacap is still the same. It does not make sense to offer higher speed and still have same datacap.

---

I also was greeted with this a few days ago:

VfIDFLml.png

On 1/29/2018 at 6:10 PM, paddy-stone said:

Yeah, they look awesome compared to many other fans I have seen, and as you say, the build quality and function looks excellent... I can't wait to try them. Yes they are indeed only for case fan usage, as not high enough static pressure for rads. I am changing out my rad fans ATM to corsair SP120mm fans. The ones I have are fine, but they are cheaply made, as you can hear the rattle on them sometimes... they came with the coolermaster master liquid 240 lite AIOs I have on my main rig, and my mining rig.. yeah I know, but they were only £42, so only a tiny bit more expensive than a cheap air cooler. My main rig only hits around 50C under full load (Ryzen 1700 @4Ghz) and my mining rig is being ridden hard right now mining garlic and the cpu even is on 98-100 almost all the time, I have the 4670K in that rig only at 4Ghz, and temp hasn't gone above 50C either, this is in a room which ATM is mid 20s I would say. The GPUs are coping well, worst one is hitting 68c and is also in the middle slot of 3 GPUs.. as I haven't had time to complete my frame yet, need to get to that soon :/

Once I get the Inwin fans I'll let you know what I think of them, am fairly sure it'll be a positive review :D

Should went with ML Pro's for rad fans. SP fans are still on the loud side of things and are a bit average when it comes to cooling radiators. I have a whole stock pile of AF & SP fans that came with my older cases.

3 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Should went with ML Pro's for rad fans. SP fans are still on the loud side of things and are a bit average when it comes to cooling radiators. I have a whole stock pile of AF & SP fans that came with my older cases.

I don't find them loud at all, and I sit right next to my PC, also the cooling is fine, maybe a few degrees hotter than the fans I had, but not much in it at all, still sits around 25C on idle.

I have the Inwin Polaris fans now, all I can say is, Very well done to Inwin... the build quality is second to none, I could literally find no fault with these at all. The colours are nice and uniform and don't appear to have any problems with parts being too light or dull across the whole fan. I'm not sure of the abilities of the fans yet, as I had to do the quickest install I could get away with basically (very busy day), so just have them plugged into my thermaltake commander PWM fan hub/controller... they are however very quiet, I did a few quick tests to try and gauge sound levels, such as a CPU stress test, that took the fans upto around 60%, and couldn't tell the difference.. I will do some more testing though to try and get a better real world experience test.

I love the cables so much, very innovative and functional, makes life much easier for cable routing. The cable that connects to the fan header and LED headers, actually has 2 LED connectors built in, I'm guessing for those people that have the LED headers located further away from the fan headers.. mine are right next to each other, so made short work of tidying up the leftover cable.

It also comes with a short and long connector cable between the 8 pin headers on the fans, for those that need a bit more space between, or in two locations.. for ~£17 each these fans are phenomenal and will purchase more in the future when/if needed for sure.

Hope this may have helped you in some way.. although I know it's not a full review. They work absoloutely perfectly with the LED controller on my ASrock AM4 board though, except for the music setting... but that could be I wasn't using it correctly as I'm guessing it has to have certain connections to function properly, and I didn't have time to explore that properly, everything else works perfectly though, so would almost definitely say that was users fault ;)

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

15 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

I don't find them loud at all, and I sit right next to my PC, also the cooling is fine, maybe a few degrees hotter than the fans I had, but not much in it at all, still sits around 25C on idle.

I have the Inwin Polaris fans now, all I can say is, Very well done to Inwin... the build quality is second to none, I could literally find no fault with these at all. The colours are nice and uniform and don't appear to have any problems with parts being too light or dull across the whole fan. I'm not sure of the abilities of the fans yet, as I had to do the quickest install I could get away with basically (very busy day), so just have them plugged into my thermaltake commander PWM fan hub/controller... they are however very quiet, I did a few quick tests to try and gauge sound levels, such as a CPU stress test, that took the fans upto around 60%, and couldn't tell the difference.. I will do some more testing though to try and get a better real world experience test.

I love the cables so much, very innovative and functional, makes life much easier for cable routing. The cable that connects to the fan header and LED headers, actually has 2 LED connectors built in, I'm guessing for those people that have the LED headers located further away from the fan headers.. mine are right next to each other, so made short work of tidying up the leftover cable.

It also comes with a short and long connector cable between the 8 pin headers on the fans, for those that need a bit more space between, or in two locations.. for ~£17 each these fans are phenomenal and will purchase more in the future when/if needed for sure.

Hope this may have helped you in some way.. although I know it's not a full review. They work absoloutely perfectly with the LED controller on my ASrock AM4 board though, except for the music setting... but that could be I wasn't using it correctly as I'm guessing it has to have certain connections to function properly, and I didn't have time to explore that properly, everything else works perfectly though, so would almost definitely say that was users fault ;)

your case might silence it a bit(Sound is very subjective). ML Pros and SP fans are light and day when it comes to performance. ML Pro's push allot more CFM through the radiators at lower rpm's. ML Pro's can not be heard at 1400 rpm's. Plus you will never hear the motor on ML pro's due to there technology.

------

I wished they would released the 140mm at the time of the 120mm(There due out later this year Fall 2018). I'll stick with BeQuiet SW3 for the time being.

28 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

your case might silence it a bit(Sound is very subjective). ML Pros and SP fans are light and day when it comes to performance. ML Pro's push allot more CFM through the radiators at lower rpm's. ML Pro's can not be heard at 1400 rpm's. Plus you will never hear the motor on ML pro's due to there technology.

------

I wished they would released the 140mm at the time of the 120mm(There due out later this year Fall 2018). I'll stick with BeQuiet SW3 for the time being.

Yeah, my case doesn't silence much TBH, I'm only using a Thermaltake core V21 for my desktop PC right now... it is subjective, but believe me when I say they are pretty quiet, and only running at around 40-50% maximum... I am mining, browsing, syncing backups etc, and I'm still under 32-34C on my 1700... that's around 12-15% load.

I'm not arguing that the ML pros aren't better, I'm just saying I am happy with these SP fans, even under full stress test, the cooler keeps my CPU under approx 52-54C, and it has to pass through a dust filter - and the fans are still only going to be ~50-60% and quiet IMO. For approx £10 each that is a bargain of a fan. They do get a fair amount of help from the big 200mm fan in the V21 to cool my case for sure, IIRC I have that fan on 30% as it doesn't need more than that to cool my case components. I always lower the fans on my PCs to the lowest they can go but still have decent performance... yeah it takes some time to get it all figured out, but it's worth it.

Yeah I would've gone with 140mm Polaris fans for my case if they'd been out, I am still very happy with these though.. I had to buy something at the time, and decided to go with these fans as I loved the look of them. Saw them on Jayz2cents and fell in love with the look and function of them :D

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

What an idiot I ahve been... I actually DO have the ML fans - I got mixed up because previously I DID buy the SP ones, but then noticed that the ML fans with better tech and better static pressure were cheaper even than the SP, so I cancelled that order, but got mixed up with the names, I knew I had maglevs though, LOL :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G5I6MRK/

Makes sense now why the performance and quietness is better than you thought those fans would be.. I apologize, my brain is a bit addled again lately. I curse my disability all the time, but lately it has made me really mad because of my memory issues :(

I have severe concentration and memory problems unfortunately, I sometimes think about coming off my medication as there are others like me that say they feel better in that regard after coming off certain medications... only trouble is it takes around 6 months IIRC to wean off the meds, and also it could make other aspects of my life even shittier. You can't cold turkey it either, as you could easily die from trying that. Anyway, sorry for the ramble about my problems, just didn't want you to think I am a moron or something, LOL

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

25 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

What an idiot I ahve been... I actually DO have the ML fans - I got mixed up because previously I DID buy the SP ones, but then noticed that the ML fans with better tech and better static pressure were cheaper even than the SP, so I cancelled that order, but got mixed up with the names, I knew I had maglevs though, LOL :D

Dont beat yourself too much about that one, even the most recolective of persons can forget that they switched if they got option 1 stuck in their minds (god knows how many times I've thought my EVGA FTW was a FTW+ which has better power delivery)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Dont beat yourself too much about that one, even the most recolective of persons can forget that they switched if they got option 1 stuck in their minds (god knows how many times I've thought my EVGA FTW was a FTW+ which has better power delivery)

Yeah, I know but it's hard not to, it's pretty much my entire life is now revolving around my disabilities. The list of problems is very long with my condition FibroMyalgia. I try to make the best of it, but it's with you ALL the time, there's no letup from the symptoms at all, if something else feels OK on a certain day, something else is worse. I have lived with this for many years now, but didn't get really bad until around 7 years now, but feels much longer.. before that I was a "normal" guy that could do normal things like leave the house, drive my car, play sports etc etc... I had to change my entire life because of this and feel like I am a prisoner in my own body. The ONLY thing that keeps me fairly sane is my mind/intellect.. I still am fairly intelligent I believe, but because of my memory and communication issues I feel really dumb sometimes as I try to remember words and stuff to have a normal conversation. I have to pause very often to try and connect/recollect my thoughts and try to remember names of things. It's VERY disheartening to try and communicate something but to not remember the names of things, I've even forgotten the names of everyday items, I can be holding it and not remember the name of it - well not remembering is not exactly how it is, it's like having the thoughts/names on the tip of your tongue/mind but you can't grasp it... and I have migraines all the time too, mostly from me trying hard to remember something I feel most times.

Anyway, sorry again for the long explanation of it, I appreciate the sentiment you were trying to convey. I just hate my life such as it is right now... I am thankful that my condition still gives me some time when my hands/arms don't spasm/tremble so much so that I can do my computer stuff. I have to pick my times, like having a perfect storm of my ailmenst not bothering me so much, but at least I get that much and I am thankful I am not at my worst all the time as I seriously would not want to live anymore. I won't end on that sorry note, but instead leave you with a humourous clip of how I feel sometimes :D

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

On 2/1/2018 at 1:01 PM, TVwazhere said:

You can blame the companies too, They name things to similar to one another. Do we really need two Products named FTW? Then we have three Titan X's.

On 2/1/2018 at 12:33 PM, paddy-stone said:

Makes sense now why the performance and quietness is better than you thought those fans would be.. I apologize, my brain is a bit addled again lately. I curse my disability all the time, but lately it has made me really mad because of my memory issues :(

I have severe concentration and memory problems unfortunately, I sometimes think about coming off my medication as there are others like me that say they feel better in that regard after coming off certain medications... only trouble is it takes around 6 months IIRC to wean off the meds, and also it could make other aspects of my life even shittier. You can't cold turkey it either, as you could easily die from trying that. Anyway, sorry for the ramble about my problems, just didn't want you to think I am a moron or something, LOL

When they had to phase out my one medication It took close to a year to get it out of my system. You have to look at what the half life of the medication has to see how long it's going to last in your system. Some exit very quickly.

If it's the one medication that I know of for memory loss, It's a horrible drug. It does more damage then good. If anything it caused more issues with memory then fixing it. They tried to give it to me off-script to treat one of my health issues.

Sometimes supplements work far better then any medication doctors give you. Sometimes doctors have no idea what the issue is and they just throw medicine at you to try to see if it will fix the problem.

2 hours ago, Revan654 said:

You can blame the companies too, They name things to similar to one another. Do we really need two Products named FTW? Then we have three Titan X's.

When they had to phase out my one medication It took close to a year to get it out of my system. You have to look at what the half life of the medication has to see how long it's going to last in your system. Some exit very quickly.

If it's the one medication that I know of for memory loss, It's a horrible drug. It does more damage then good. If anything it caused more issues with memory then fixing it. They tried to give it to me off-script to treat one of my health issues.

Sometimes supplements work far better then any medication doctors give you. Sometimes doctors have no idea what the issue is and they just throw medicine at you to try to see if it will fix the problem.

I have started taking iron, vitamin D, zinc and some B vitamins to help over the past few weeks, and it seems like I don't get tired as much, so hoping this helps for long term :)

Sorry to have turned your topic onto my health issues. I just get mad and emotional about not being able to remember stuff all the damn time.... it's made me feel like a different person, and my personality has changed so much.

Now on with your topic, how are things coming along now? you must be close to the finish line now right?

Just wanted to add that I re-read/skimmed this entire thread through again to see how much time and work has gone into this build... I am awed by your attention to detail and things like making your own custom cables, you have put a LOT of effort into this and I can't imagine how chuffed you will feel with the finished article, knowing that not a thing is out of place and the custom cables saved you from the normal cable clutter :D

Come on now, we want to see a finished PC and a nice montage video or something, in 4K of course too.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

On 2/4/2018 at 4:54 PM, paddy-stone said:

I have started taking iron, vitamin D, zinc and some B vitamins to help over the past few weeks, and it seems like I don't get tired as much, so hoping this helps for long term :)

Sorry to have turned your topic onto my health issues. I just get mad and emotional about not being able to remember stuff all the damn time.... it's made me feel like a different person, and my personality has changed so much.

Now on with your topic, how are things coming along now? you must be close to the finish line now right?

Just wanted to add that I re-read/skimmed this entire thread through again to see how much time and work has gone into this build... I am awed by your attention to detail and things like making your own custom cables, you have put a LOT of effort into this and I can't imagine how chuffed you will feel with the finished article, knowing that not a thing is out of place and the custom cables saved you from the normal cable clutter :D

Come on now, we want to see a finished PC and a nice montage video or something, in 4K of course too.

I'm drilling & tapping 6-32 holes for cable routing. I just have way to many cables so I have to use allot of these mounting devices for the cables.

These are what I'm using:

mdpc-x_mdpc_cable_clips_management_mod-o

There allot cleaner then cheap zip ties and they can be mounted to any surface that has a screw hole. I got some larger ones from MFC, There pure plastic compared to MDPC-X version which are all harden Nylon.

Need to finish up one last Sata power Cable.

Trying to remove a few "Molex" terminals is going to be hard, so I can install cable combs. "Molex" terminals have always been a pain to remove from there housing even with the proper tools.

------

Just got my order from WaterCool I can now complete my dual light setup for my reservoirs. Shame I can't get my normal RGB strips installed on the reservoir LED post.

------

Anyone know where to buy the Shell used on most RGB Cables? I would rather not buy cable and cut them apart just for the shell if I can just get the plastic housing instead.

LeYRCjfl.jpg

On 11/12/2017 at 12:26 AM, done12many2 said:

x99 ROG Rampage V Edition 10

*drools*

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

11 minutes ago, Damascus said:

*drools*

lol.  It's a great board.  I still have it sitting in a box while I figure out if I wan't to keep it or not.  Might build a 3rd mining rig with it.  Just can't let it go.  xD

On 1/29/2018 at 6:10 PM, paddy-stone said:

My main rig only hits around 50C under full load (Ryzen 1700 @4Ghz) and my mining rig is being ridden hard right now mining garlic and the cpu even is on 98-100 almost all the time, I have the 4670K in that rig only at 4Ghz, and temp hasn't gone above 50C either, this is in a room which ATM is mid 20s I would say. The GPUs are coping well, worst one is hitting 68c and is also in the middle slot of 3 GPUs.. as I haven't had time to complete my frame yet, need to get to that soon :/

I sure hope Garlic bounces back.  I thought it had a lot of potential for a meme coin so I mined 200 of them before switching over to another during the BTC correction.

Are you mining Monero on the 1700x?

40 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Lol.  It's a great board.  I still have it sitting in a box while I figure out if I wan't to keep it or not.  Might build a 3rd mining rig with it.  Just can't let it go.  xD

My other favorite x99 board would work really well for that as well5a7d103b0f608_ASUS10G(1)Top(1).thumb.jpg.8140e8edbb32483ad0362bc19f765ca5.jpg

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

My other favorite x99 board would work really well for that as wellimageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8

Absolute beast of a board. I'd surrender my Extreme Edition 10 for one in a heartbeat considering my current use cases.  

3 hours ago, W-L said:

Thanks, I went already went ahead and order a few cables from amazon that the connector.housing can be removed.

@Revan654 Any tips for a first time hardline loop?  I'd like to use borosilicate tubing and lots of bulkhead passthroughs

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

lol.  It's a great board.  I still have it sitting in a box while I figure out if I wan't to keep it or not.  Might build a 3rd mining rig with it.  Just can't let it go.  xD

I sure hope Garlic bounces back.  I thought it had a lot of potential for a meme coin so I mined 200 of them before switching over to another during the BTC correction.

Are you mining Monero on the 1700x?

Yeah, I hope it bounces back too.. No I am not mining with my CPU at all, as that's in my main PC. I am mostly only mining with the GPUs in my mining rig now, and sometimes my desktop GPU too, but mainly only when I have nothing else to do with it now.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

12 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Yeah, I hope it bounces back too.. No I am not mining with my CPU at all, as that's in my main PC. I am mostly only mining with the GPUs in my mining rig now, and sometimes my desktop GPU too, but mainly only when I have nothing else to do with it now.

Consider Monero mining with your R7 1700 whenever you aren't using it especially if you are mining the GPUs on your daily rig at that time. 

I say this because the power impact of mining on the CPU while the GPUs are already mining is very small when compared to the impact when mining CPUs only, which I'd never recommend. 

My 1950x @ GHz  does quite a bit better than my 7900x @ 4.5 GHz  in monero mining. The miner treats each die on my 1950x as separate CPUs so it's pretty much the same as running 2x 1800x CPUs. One half of my 1950x's CPU matches the performance of my 7900x.  Basically 8 cores @ 4 GHz bests the 7900x's 10 cores @ 4.5 GHz.  Monero just favors Ryzen CPUs. 

CPU mining is not a great money maker but the right ones are definitely profitable and can more than pay for themselves over time. 

As far as power, running GPUs alone compared to GPUs on whatever and CPUs on monero works out to about 50 more watts at the wall. Even less for a R7 1700. 

Good luck man and have fun with it. 

17 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Monero just favors Ryzen CPUs. 

According to AMD the secret sauce behind send high performance in mining is cache, meaning a 6950x should do as well or better per core (ofc it has 6 less cores but still)

Stay on Topic here.

13 hours ago, Damascus said:

@Revan654 Any tips for a first time hardline loop?  I'd like to use borosilicate tubing and lots of bulkhead passthroughs

I would read the post for my glass cutting first. Glass is very dangerous if you do not use the proper gear(The mask is the most important thing so you don't inhale the dust). Second. Make sure you have a dremel and maybe glass snapping tool(Not the cheap ones found on Amazon).

This is what I used along with Dremel(You need Diamond tip cutting blade, you can buy Dremel version for 15 dollars or buy the OEM from PPCS for 5 dollars). I mainly used dremel for smaller pieces since the snap method can not be done on them(Not larger piece to grab). You will also need diamond tipped files.

When Cutting with Dremel make sure the glass remains wet at all times. I will not get into Glass bending since it's not something that should be tried at home unless you know what your doing since you need a propane torch to reach the degree so glass would bend. Companies already make pre-bent 90 degree glass tubing, That should cover most of the basic runs.

I also like to use tape to mark where I'm going to cut/Snap the glass. Make a small dent in it the glass,  I can remove the tape (Tape will not remain once you use Dremel or glass cutter).

DMOD2z9l.jpg

mTPAJJkl.jpg

qakkhsYl.jpg

iOy70uYl.jpg

DUKrwdtl.jpg

You also need make sure you curve the edges to remove any sharp edges and also not to cut the o-ring when inserted into the fitting(This is where Diamond tipped files come in handy). Also Don't secure the fitting unless your 100% sure it's ready. It's hard as hell to remove the tubing from the fitting once it's secure.

riVyyg4l.jpg

Pr4CLsll.jpg

------

As for the bulk head make sure your have proper saw hole, I personally favor EK's bulkhead/passthroughs. Since I know you have to make a 20mm hole and there drawings showing measurements for everything. Plus no stupid watermarks.

ZmyKTf1l.jpg

rpk4M0El.jpg

kmdbZXTl.jpg

IbYC043l.jpg

QAOUJ0ql.jpg

5lVJ01ql.jpg

*Side note* There fill port is 25mm.