[Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7 6950X | Titan X | Borosilicate Glass Tubing

Revan654
6 hours ago, Revan654 said:

This just happened a few hours ago.

well RIP tool i guess

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 6/20/2017 at 0:10 AM, Revan654 said:

This just happened a few hours ago.

6JXMB1Ll.jpg

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

YnnitjRl.jpg
PD1QuuDl.jpg

- ATX, EPS & PCi-E(GPU) Cables are complete.
- Just had enough wiring to create all my PSU cables (It's very hard to get ahold of bare Copper 16 AWG wiring since Ice-Modz is no longer operating).
- I have so many terminals left over. I think I could make a dozen PSU cables.
- The JMT terminals do not get along with 16 AWG & sometimes the 18 AWG(Atlease wiring from Mod-One).
- Will start on my Sata cables next.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

zHY1gjYl.jpg

- Molex or TE/AMP is not always the best option to go with specially when sleeving as you can see with there Sata connectors. Sata input area on Molex Brand is much smaller compared to other brand connectors.

Due to that I had to re-do my Sata Cables

from

ytDayjOl.jpg

to

GMpkUrjl.jpg

-------

First three Sata Power cables are finished.

GXMucLhl.jpg
6rQxKfml.jpg
K63uDTnl.jpg

A quick Noise & Fan test with Corsair ML Pro 140. It goes from max Speed which is around 2000rpm down to around 900 rpm's. Camera is position right next to the fan. It will be a bit louder then when placed inside a case.

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWGgILmAsU1

-----------

With a Small Mod I was able to fully sleeve the wiring from Soldering point to the terminals.

aE36bZYl.jpg
OnKlaxnl.jpg
6lJStwul.jpg

--------

Also got some new wire strippers, No longer have to judge where the 3 to 4mm point is.

mngAj3tl.jpg
OcUDLyzl.jpg

I was suppose to get these:

c1QIAO2l.jpg

Instead I got these:

H0KhnL7l.jpg?1

I assume these are 6-pin PSU end Connectors for other PSU. They do not work for EVGA. This is the second time Singularity Computers screwed up my order. Going have to wait another two weeks to get the right connectors.

On 02/06/2017 at 3:59 AM, Revan654 said:

Anyone have any quick tips of removing Paint Primer (Other then using Paint remover or sanding the item down)?

SAND BLASTING

4 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

SAND BLASTING

Really? On a tiny little metal piece. That's a bit overkill.

Heat + Knife or Dremel Soft polish tip works better.

or Paint Remover.

On 2017-07-08 at 5:13 AM, Revan654 said:

Looks like AlphaCool has jumped on the Cable Sleeving Bandwagon.

They look very similar to ensource (But less creative design) & the cable combs looks the same as combs made by Gosumodz.

shit those look pretty good actiually. doubt il get any of those for Northern Bee but il take a look at the price for some sleaveing and combs, especially the combs, love how those look.

23 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

SAND BLASTING

that is incredably overkill but it sure is effective tbh. its good if you want to remove the paint from an entire case and have access too it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

shit those look pretty good actiually. doubt il get any of those for Northern Bee but il take a look at the price for some sleaveing and combs, especially the combs, love how those look.

that is incredably overkill but it sure is effective tbh. its good if you want to remove the paint from an entire case and have access too it

It is ParaCord (PET is better) & more expensive then MDPC-X(Which is Top of line when it comes to Sleeving). I'm even going touch how shady AlphaCool has been recently. You can get the same stuff AlphaCool sells from a seller in China for half the price.

As most know to be able to sleeve the some thicker sleeving to the terminal you need machine to do it. Since hand crimpers do a poor job & very hard to get into the crimping slot. However I did manage to get these sleeving wires to the terminal. I will always still using the burning method. I just wanted to test this out & see if it was possible to do with a hand crimper.

vg5WJf6l.jpg

From top to bottom (DarkSide -> Teleios (MainFrameCustoms) -> MDPC-X. All were crimped using 16 AWG with 2.34 OD(Wiring is from Mod-One). Used both MDPC-X & Engineer crimpers.

---

8UVsEL5l.jpg
o6hwoKRl.jpg

Left to Right

Molex (Gold Plated 16 AWG, Brass & tin plated at the crimping points) | JMT Gold Plated Brass & Tin plated(Long Wing Version) | VBNM Gold plated with Copper (Massive Wing)

Per Piece:

Molex: 0.60 or 0.30 if you buy the cut strip version (The more you buy the cheaper they become).
JMT: 0.10
VBNM: 0.07

3pbCrBRl.jpg

4HTqY6Vl.jpg

VBNM -> JMT -> Molex

As you can see you get what you pay for. Molex Brand Don't move around when there inside the housing and snaps in correctly.

Bronze may be stronger, However Brass has better conductivity.

--------

Primer -> Sprayed painted with a few layers -> Finishing Coat & Sealed

VfAHHzgl.jpg
ggXG4b7l.jpg
kHcgxehl.jpg
D7JHeXSl.jpg
CCOA5R6l.jpg
H2kB86zl.jpg

------

This is strange, All are the same screws. The one screws in perfectly into my first AQ6, However the same screws do not screw in correctly on my second AQ6(There to short for some reason). There all 6mm.

the painted PCI slot plates look awesome, think i have some paint i could do that with for Nothern Bee(id do them in white for that though) :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

On 7/9/2017 at 3:13 AM, Revan654 said:

Really? On a tiny little metal piece. That's a bit overkill.

Heat + Knife or Dremel Soft polish tip works better.

or Paint Remover.

I did it on my be quiet case and had no issue. The frame on some part of the case is very thin but it was fine for me. After sand blasting I just send to paint shot to get it painted.

14 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

I did it on my be quiet case and had no issue. The frame on some part of the case is very thin but it was fine for me. After sand blasting I just send to paint shot to get it painted.

a Case has bigger pieces, I'm talking about a tiny mounting device. As you can see from pictures from Above Primer has been stripped already & new version has been applied, Painted & sealed.

22 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

the painted PCI slot plates look awesome, think i have some paint i could do that with for Nothern Bee(id do them in white for that though) :D 

Make sure you get some quality paint. Not the cheap crap that most stores carry. Most important let the paint dry for over 24 hours.

Here are the two paints I have used:

Cardinal Paint:

kHcgxehl.jpg

MTN94

6m2iwmvl.jpg

huXawD9l.jpg

2 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

a Case has bigger pieces, I'm talking about a tiny mounting device. As you can see from pictures from Above Primer has been stripped already & new version has been applied, Painted & sealed.

Make sure you get some quality paint. Not the cheap crap that most stores carry. Most important let the paint dry for over 24 hours.

Here are the two paints I have used:

Cardinal Paint:

MTN94

il see if il do it, have decided that il get what i need for the CPU loop for now and assembeling that with just water in it so i can play around some with overclocking and then getting the GPU later so PCI bracket painting is quite a bit off right now lol

Builds:

Spoiler

ooWv5K6l.jpg
zM9y9y7l.jpg
RS2RyTql.jpg

No I didn't order this much heatshrink. However MDPC-X sent allot extra.

ULjKU0el.jpg
DokUD8Dl.jpg

Complete Gold plated Sata terminals & all Molex Branded terminals / connectors from MDPC-X including Fan connectors I was looking for.

QGhDqyBl.jpg
fFFrep2l.jpg

More Molex Branded Terminals & Connectors direct from Mouser (Two types are on Backorder since they didn't have any stock).

5MW0Ma8l.jpg

Going to be replacing all my fan terminals with Molex Branded terminals (Gold plated).

---

Finally:

GD98eOcl.jpg
rwnrkV1l.jpg

Because, Screw AlphaCool & there overpriced products.

PAD crimper is still doing a terrible job with the terminal.

PAD Crimper
nBDwYlgl.jpg
mirxSwSl.jpg

vs

MDPC-X Crimper
uUDQHjpl.jpg

------

My first Fan is finished. Required some lite modding to get the sleeving through the the side cove area on the fan.

zMQ4Kcsl.jpg
nPonfo7l.jpg
4iaJqLal.jpg
7E2cN3Gl.jpg

----------

My Last order from Mouser

XG8K8rll.jpg
YEihAX4l.jpg
CWHdaWBl.jpg

Everytime i stop by this build i'm flawed by its awesomeness.

How long till it's finished?

4 hours ago, alphastrata said:

It's been almost a year in the making.. I'm ACHING for this to be finished. :D

17 hours ago, alphastrata said:

I don't know. I sometimes don't have time to much on some days. Whats holding me up is all the wiring & sleeving I have to do. It just each up allot of time.

12 hours ago, MVPernula said:

It's been almost a year in the making.. I'm ACHING for this to be finished. :D

Not even close. It's been maybe 6 months. The planning process started before that, Also allot of changes over the course of the build. I only got my case in February heading into March. Starting real work late March to April.

Allot of the time it's the shipping times that kept holding me up sometimes up to a month.

on a Side Note, I still have credit from a few places too. Which I should use to add some small touches to the PC.

Also, Moddiy may have some unique items. They love to overcharge for everything they sell.