[Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7 6950X | Titan X | Borosilicate Glass Tubing

Revan654

One webstore is stating using any Mayhem Coolant voids the warranty.

Mayhems fluids void the warranties offered by the following manufacturers:
Koolance, Phobya, Alphacool, Aqua Computer, Watercool.
Use is therefore at one’s own risk.
More info about Mayhems liquid can be found here:
https://mayhems.co.uk/mayhems-coolant-guide

All I have to say it's a new low for AlphaCool.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

22 hours ago, Revan654 said:

One webstore is stating using any Mayhem Coolant voids the warranty.

Mayhems fluids void the warranties offered by the following manufacturers:
Koolance, Phobya, Alphacool, Aqua Computer, Watercool.
Use is therefore at one’s own risk.
More info about Mayhems liquid can be found here:
https://mayhems.co.uk/mayhems-coolant-guide

All I have to say it's a new low for AlphaCool.

Wow. Is there any reason stated? Il be using their pastel sunset yellow so I'd love to know(not that I cared about warranty from any of those companies). Il be using their tubing and coolant so I don't see there being any problems with that at least 

*edit*

Love how they state that there are no reported problems with their pastel coolant, even after JayzTwoCents had problems to hell and back with one of his systems 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Wow. Is there any reason stated? Il be using their pastel sunset yellow so I'd love to know(not that I cared about warranty from any of those companies). Il be using their tubing and coolant so I don't see there being any problems with that at least 

It's AlphaCool being aholes toward Mayhem again(They constantly do this for some reason). It's just a way for AlphaCool to get out of not honoring there warranty's since most use Mayhem's Coolant. Basically just don't buy AlphaCool products. Stick with BitsPower, Barrow, EK, WaterCool, Aqua-Computer & MonSoon.

AlphaCool is basically trying to get out of recalling there VPP755 pump due to all the problems. There trying to shift blame to others instead of taking responsibility for not test there products correctly.

I'll even add that for months they produced the wrong size tubing for there 16mm hardline series.

On top of all this some of there own fittings & bending tools work on some of there own tubing. I don't think I have to mention how bad there radiators are (there beyond dirty).

AlphaCool overcharges for everything they sell.

btw, WaterCool & Aqua-Compluter warranty's are not voided if you use Mayhem. It's AlphaCool trying to fool the costumer.

1 minute ago, Revan654 said:

It's AlphaCool being aholes toward Mayhem again(They constantly do this for some reason). It's just a way for AlphaCool to get out of not honoring there warranty's since most use Mayhem's Coolant. Basically just don't buy AlphaCool products. Stick with BitsPower, Barrow, EK, WaterCool, Aqua-Computer & MonSoon.

AlphaCool overcharges for everything they sell.

btw, WaterCool & Aqua-Compluter warranty's are not voided if you use Mayhem. It's AlphaCool trying to fool the costumer.

Oh wow that's being a massive dick basically. Also look at my edit

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Oh wow that's being a massive dick basically. Also look at my edit

They will never admit fault. I had there own tubing caving in since there bending tool was made in the wrong size. They customer support basically said it's fine.

Here is a massive thread of nothing but problems with there pump: http://www.overclock.net/t/1624192/alphacool-pump-vpp755-review-of-noise-issues-and-problems

To do List (As of Right Now):

- Sleeve the remaining fans & replace the terminals to gold Plated (Molex Brand)

- PSU Cables with Molex Brand Terminals

- PWM Cables for Aqua-Computer Devices

- USB Cables for Motherboard & Aqua-Computer devices

- One Fan extension Cable for real Exhaust

- Re-Attachment of my Splitty9 & Hubby7 devices to case

- Spray Paint the Radiators (to Match my Case color)

- Order of Curved glass Tubing (Not in Stock Yet)

- Order of one more front Case Fan (BeQuiet 140 PWM)

- Order of second Set of Fans for Push/Pull Setup (Corsair ML 140 Pro)*Undecided as of Now*.

- If any money left Order a PCie Sata Card for more Harddrives & order Additional Harddrives or create a NAS machine*Undecided as of now*.

- Cut the glass cutting (Already have the correct sizes made in acrylic tubing).

- Install UV Lighting inside Case & Creating cables for the lighting.

- Front or Top panel modding for my Fill System.

6 hours ago, Revan654 said:

To do List (As of Right Now):

- Sleeve the remaining fans & replace the terminals to gold Plated (Molex Brand)

- PSU Cables with Molex Brand Terminals

- PWM Cables for Aqua-Computer Devices

- USB Cables for Motherboard & Aqua-Computer devices

- One Fan extension Cable for real Exhaust

- Re-Attachment of my Splitty9 & Hubby7 devices to case

- Spray Paint the Radiators (to Match my Case color)

- Order of Curved glass Tubing (Not in Stock Yet)

- Order of one more front Case Fan (BeQuiet 140 PWM)

- Order of second Set of Fans for Push/Pull Setup (Corsair ML 140 Pro)*Undecided as of Now*.

- If any money left Order a PCie Sata Card for more Harddrives & order Additional Harddrives or create a NAS machine*Undecided as of now*.

- Cut the glass cutting (Already have the correct sizes made in acrylic tubing).

- Install UV Lighting inside Case & Creating cables for the lighting.

- Front or Top panel modding for my Fill System.

Installing UV lighting on a build this sexy could have you seeing things best left hidden...

16 hours ago, alphastrata said:

Installing UV lighting on a build this sexy could have you seeing things best left hidden...

The lighting will be well hidden. I don't use that crappy flexible LED lighting. You only need two UV Sticks to light the entire case.

Is it possible to bend the glass tubing. My guess u need a flexible metal bender and a torch. I'm not sure just asking whether is possible. So far i learned a lot from ur build expecially the recommendation of sleeve and pins. Probably going to take my time again after the build is done to go through the entire post. Probably I have some questions I will like to ask if it's not answered in the old post. 

1 hour ago, KeepItCool said:

Is it possible to bend the glass tubing. My guess u need a flexible metal bender and a torch. I'm not sure just asking whether is possible. So far i learned a lot from ur build expecially the recommendation of sleeve and pins. Probably going to take my time again after the build is done to go through the entire post. Probably I have some questions I will like to ask if it's not answered in the old post. 

I think bending glass would get quite messy especially maintaining the thickness and clarity of the glass consistently throughout the bend... fittings are the way to go here and if the budget is high enough I think a fitting looks better than a bend 95% of the time. 

Examples of the other 5%:

maxresdefault.jpgdsc01185-jpg.66101

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

2 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

Yes, it's not really a do it at home type project unless you know exactly what your doing. It requires a very high Temperature Usually a Propane torch will do it or have it professionally done. You can't use a silicone bending tool for the inside since it would melt in about 3 seconds. You use something called a blowtube your basically blowing air through the the tube so the walls don't collapse.

As for creating bends & such. I have bending tools made of metal so that is not an issue.

410VSN6bPzL._SY300_.jpg

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎14 at 8:23 PM, Revan654 said:

I don't know. I sometimes don't have time to much on some days. Whats holding me up is all the wiring & sleeving I have to do. It just each up allot of time.

Not even close. It's been maybe 6 months. The planning process started before that, Also allot of changes over the course of the build. I only got my case in February heading into March. Starting real work late March to April.

Allot of the time it's the shipping times that kept holding me up sometimes up to a month.

on a Side Note, I still have credit from a few places too. Which I should use to add some small touches to the PC.

Also, Moddiy may have some unique items. They love to overcharge for everything they sell.

Well the anticipation started after your first post :D

15 hours ago, Shiv78 said:

I think bending glass would get quite messy especially maintaining the thickness and clarity of the glass consistently throughout the bend... fittings are the way to go here and if the budget is high enough I think a fitting looks better than a bend 95% of the time. 

Examples of the other 5%:

maxresdefault.jpgdsc01185-jpg.66101

Noted but as for copper build i have seen so far there are better build if u have the right tools. Glass tubing is something new. Personally i would like to use them but to cut them to length u need proper and expensive tools. I do have some question. Do u grind the surface of the glass tubing since you use your power tools and just cutting them will end up with sharp edges that will damage ur o-rings. If u grind them does it turn brittle. Is it fine to handle glass tubing or do u have to be fragile with it. Honestly if someone is thinking of using glass tubing for their build. How would u rate them in terms of actually working on them. I mean for the money and time you spend is it worth it or u can just get if off by using good aryclic tubing with some polish is quiet crystal clear.

16 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

I Should add, My Grandfather was master glass smith or whatever you want to call it. He owned & operated he own business cutting & making glass. I know a fair bit of how glass works & how to cut it.

15 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

I Should add, My Grandfather was master glass smith or whatever you want to call it. He owned & operated he own business cutting & making glass. I know a fair bit of how glass works & how to cut it.

Thats awesome but can u go through my latest comment wt is your opinion on that commend about working on glass tubing.

But honestly i did sleeving for my own build and concluded that i would rather offsource this work to my local modder rather then doing it myself. The money you spend, time consumed and all the patience and effort you put in is somehow only rewarding for urself. As 3rd person view looking at the sleeved and tidy cables makes u think its cool but not to a level of awesome where people are more attracted to the loop, components and rgb. Unless is someone who closely monitor ur progress then they know how difficult and time consuming it is and the efforts are appreciated. My take on this somehow sleeving can be easily glanced away as a typical thing and not  of a big deal and that conflicts when you spend so much time and money to make it look good.

6 minutes ago, KeepItCool said:

Noted but as for copper build i have seen so far there are better build if u have the right tools. Glass tubing is something new. Personally i would like to use them but to cut them to length u need proper and expensive tools. I do have some question. Do u grind the surface of the glass tubing since you use your power tools and just cutting them will end up with sharp edges that will damage ur o-rings. If u grind them does it turn brittle. Is it fine to handle glass tubing or do u have to be fragile with it. Honestly if someone is thinking of using glass tubing for their build. How would u rate them in terms of actually working on them. I mean for the money and time you spend is it worth it or u can just get if off by using good aryclic tubing with some polish is quiet crystal clear.

First let me get the cutting part out of the way (This is for Home use) There are a few methods for cutting glass. One is the basic saw through the glass with a diamond tip blade. Ether a table Saw or Dremel will work. When using the Dremel use the lower setting.

Then there's the snapping method. Which you need a glass cutting wheel. You just rotate the glass until you removed enough of the glass and then with your tow thumbs at each side snap it at the cut point.

Also it's advised to keep adding some type of fluid while cutting to stop from glass dust from going everywhere (DO NOT INHALE THIS, IT"S EXTREMELY DANGEROUS & CAN BE DEADLY if allot is inhaled). Use the proper safety gear when cutting. One of those throw away masks is good enough along with some eye protection.

Once done you use sand paper if there an remaining edges & a diamond tip file for the edges. It's the same method I use now but with a diamond tipped file.

I like using Glass over acrylic or PETG. First it has a much higher melting point. Hard tubing warns not to go over 60C (PETG). I think Acrylic is a bit higher. Second you can use any type of coolant you want without any worries unlike other hardline tubing.

Plus Glass will always be cleaner & based on glass you get. Tends not to scratch as easily as PETG & acrylic.

Mayhem has published a chart of what coolant can be used with what tubing & company. PETG has the most issues with coolants + it not UV friendly.

2 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Plus Glass will always be cleaner & based on glass you get. Tends not to scratch as easily as PETG & acrylic.

yeah i think this is one of the strongest arguments for glass... doesn't get 'foggy' as quickly as hardline plastic

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 minute ago, Revan654 said:

First let me get the cutting part out of the way (This is for Home use) There are a few methods for cutting glass. One is the basic saw through the glass with a diamond tip blade. Ether a table Saw or Dremel will work. When using the Dremel use the lower setting.

Then there's the snapping method. Which you need a glass cutting wheel. You just rotate the glass until you removed enough of the glass and then with your tow thumbs at each side snap it at the cut point.

Also it's advised to keep adding some type of fluid while cutting to stop from glass dust from going everywhere (DO NOT INHALE THIS, IT"S EXTREMELY DANGEROUS & CAN BE DEADLY if allot is inhaled). Use the proper safety gear when cutting. One of those throw away masks is good enough along with some eye protection.

Once done you use sand paper if there an remaining edges & a diamond tip file for the edges. It's the same method I use now but with a diamond tipped file.

I like using Glass over acrylic or PETG. First it has a much higher melting point. Hard tubing warns not to go over 60C (PETG). I think Acrylic is a bit higher. Second you can use any type of coolant you want without any worries unlike other hardline tubing.

Mayhem has published a chart of what coolant can be used with what tubing & company. PETG has the most issues with coolants + it not UV friendly.

Noted i myself avoided petg due to issues it has so i prefer arylic. But by the looks of it the process is very straight forward but not easy i guess. I am looking forward on ur finish build maybe i will grab some glass tubing but the problem i have here quality items like diamond tip blade or diamond tip file are not carried by my local shop here.

6 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

glass always looks SOOO good in the end, its crazy how much better looking it is then PETG or acrylic IMO. i get why its not a popular option because of all the problems with makeing the tubes but if you put in the money and effort you get something that just looks EPIC in the end

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

glass always looks SOOO good in the end, its crazy how much better looking it is then PETG or acrylic IMO. i get why its not a popular option because of all the problems with makeing the tubes but if you put in the money and effort you get something that just looks EPIC in the end

There not a lot of glass tubing build out there but as for right now i rather put my bet by going through this build. The op post update frequently and answer question in detail so its helpfull.

21 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

There not a lot of glass tubing build out there but as for right now i rather put my bet by going through this build. The op post update frequently and answer question in detail so its helpfull.

One reason is due to the fact you can't easily bend glass. Some prefer bending tubing over buy two dozen fittings. Even though I'm pretty sure I have every angle fitting from Bitspower currently.

Plus PETG/Acrylic is cheaper to buy. For Example: Bitspower 16 OD 500mm is 5 dollars vs Mayhem 16 OD Straight Glass Tubing 500mm is 12 Dollars.

21 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Actually Glass is not hard to make. Most glass use the materials to make(Unless it's some kind of specialty glass), It's when bending or creating unique runs when it becomes difficult.

21 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

Noted i myself avoided petg due to issues it has so i prefer arylic. But by the looks of it the process is very straight forward but not easy i guess. I am looking forward on ur finish build maybe i will grab some glass tubing but the problem i have here quality items like diamond tip blade or diamond tip file are not carried by my local shop here.

Only use Mayhem, AlphaCool Glass tubing is allot harder to work with, Plus it's tighter when trying to get the glass inside the fittings.

Plus Mayhem actually checks each tubing they make. So you know it's but to par to use in a system.

Most of my stuff came directly from Amazon. You can also buy all parts needed from aliexpress as well (It's a Chinese MarketPlace, I have bought allot of fittings & connectors from the site over the years).

Performance-pcs also carries the diamond tip blade for the Dremel: http://www.performance-pcs.com/diamond-disk-compare-to-dremel-545-bulk.html

It's generic version. The Dremel version blade is about 20 dollars US.

I been looking for a 2" Diamond Blade to fit onto my other saw. I can't seem to find one or there extremely expensive(More expensive then the entire saw).

Alpha Introduces there version of M.2 cooling including one waterblock. As with AlphaCool there overcharging for it, getting almost as expensive as a GPU block from. It's 20+ dollars more expensive then Aqua-Computer, Which are made from German parts & high grade copper & Nickel.

The ports should been on top and bottom not the front so you could have run it from GPU to M.2 block like what Aqua-Computer does.

5CtkYeIl.jpg