[Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7 6950X | Titan X | Borosilicate Glass Tubing

Revan654
26 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Alpha Introduces there version of M.2 cooling including one waterblock. As with AlphaCool there overcharging for it, getting almost as expensive as a GPU block from. It's 20+ dollars more expensive then Aqua-Computer, Which are made from German parts & high grade copper & Nickel.

The ports should been on top and bottom not the front so you could have run it from GPU to M.2 block like what Aqua-Computer does.

that seems like a pretty shitty design outside of the looks, it looks pretty decent, but it just feels wrong

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, myspeakersaremuffled said:

That must be like $5000 total or something

lol cute probably close to 1.5x-2x that

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

3 hours ago, Shiv78 said:

lol cute probably close to 1.5x-2x that

3 hours ago, myspeakersaremuffled said:

That must be like $5000 total or something

I don't think anyone knows tbh. Not even OP. Most of it was bought with gift cards and stuff iirc and nor do I think Revan actually cares how much it is lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I don't think anyone knows tbh. Not even OP. Most of it was bought with gift cards and stuff iirc and nor do I think Revan actually cares how much it is lol

true but if i was not lazy enough to make a pcpartpicker it would probably be well over $7000

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

On 7/21/2017 at 9:37 AM, Shiv78 said:

true but if i was not lazy enough to make a pcpartpicker it would probably be well over $7000

Good Luck with that. Half my parts are not even listed on that site. Plus there are parts from Molex that come many different forms. Plus when you buy in Bulk or after you buy so many you get discount.

Example: 16 AWG Gold Plated Mini -Fit Jr: .50 per terminals for Lose, Reel is .30 per terminal when you buy 100, .26 when you buy 1,000, etc...

-------

- After working with Corsair & there ribbon wiring. I find all other wiring a pain to deal with it. Ribbon wiring you know which one goes into first slot.

- Shame Ribbon wiring is so expensive to buy. It's almost 2 dollars for every 12" with 4 conductors. 100ft is 160 dollars.

- Molex Mini Fit Jr 18 CKT 46992-1810 (Still on Back Order) - Lead Time: 15 Weeks. :( Delivery Date: Unknown

- Really wish Molex would start release some of there housing in Black instead of just White. It wouldn't force me to buy other brands.

---------

BeQuiet Fans Re-Sleeved with MDPC-X.

ESeXcdOl.jpg

oPUghqdl.jpg

Due to the wire track I couldn't run the sleeving to the soldering point like with Corsair ML Pro's.

----------

XRppwbOl.jpg

One Corsair Fan was mis-wired. Due to the recent upgrade to support system at Corsair It's nearly impossible to get ahold of any one from Corsair to create a RMA for the fan.

---------

Bulk Order of MDPC-X

LI090U5l.jpg

jmHuJ52l.jpg

------------

Any option on If I should go Push/Pull with my rads & set all rpm's at 800 RPM's or single Fan at 900 to 1300 rpm's?

------------

LV1ORhUl.jpg

HY0DiVNl.jpg

On to the next part covering the backs of the fans with Vinyl to hide the wiring.

--------

d8oZJh0l.jpg

tm3DDsll.jpg

My two 560 radiators are mostly done being painted. I'm now out of paint wait for another order to arrive so I can do my 420 rads.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

16 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Good Luck with that. Half my parts are not even listed on that site. Plus there are parts from Molex that come many different forms. Plus when you buy in Bulk or after you buy so many you get discount.

Example: 16 AWG Gold Plated Mini -Fit Jr: .50 per terminals for Lose, Reel is .30 per terminal when you buy 100, .26 when you buy 1,000, etc...

-------

- After working with Corsair & there ribbon wiring. I find all other wiring a pain to deal with it. Ribbon wiring you know which one goes into first slot.

- Shame Ribbon wiring is so expensive to buy. It's almost 2 dollars for every 12" with 4 conductors. 100ft is 160 dollars.

- Molex Mini Fit Jr 18 CKT 46992-1810 (Still on Back Order) - Lead Time: 15 Weeks. :( Delivery Date: Unknown

- Really wish Molex would start release some of there housing in Black instead of just White. It wouldn't force me to buy other brands.

---------

BeQuiet Fans Re-Sleeved with MDPC-X.

ESeXcdOl.jpg

oPUghqdl.jpg

Due to the wire track I couldn't run the sleeving to the soldering point like with Corsair ML Pro's.

----------

XRppwbOl.jpg

One Corsair Fan was mis-wired. Due to the recent upgrade to support system at Corsair It's nearly impossible to get ahold of any one from Corsair to create a RMA for the fan.

---------

Bulk Order of MDPC-X

LI090U5l.jpg

jmHuJ52l.jpg

------------

Any option on If I should go Push/Pull with my rads & set all rpm's at 800 RPM's or single Fan at 900 to 1300 rpm's?

------------

LV1ORhUl.jpg

HY0DiVNl.jpg

On to the next part covering the backs of the fans with Vinyl to hide the wiring.

--------

d8oZJh0l.jpg

tm3DDsll.jpg

My two 560 radiators are mostly done being painted. I'm now out of paint wait for another order to arrive so I can do my 420 rads.

Do you cover up the fins during painting. Since use good quality paint does it effect performance on the rad or the difference is insignificant.

6 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

Do you cover up the fins during painting. Since use good quality paint does it effect performance on the rad or the difference is insignificant.

dude snip out atleast the pictures...

anyway do push-pull 800rpm IMO

Builds:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

Some advise covering up the fins, Paint has no real impact of removing the heat from the radiator(Unless you have some very thick layers of paints on the fins). The paint layer on the fins are thin that it will not have any kind of performance difference. Plus the fins are painted before shipping them out already.

I did a quick search on some build logs & others paint the fins too: http://www.overclock.net/t/1622492/build-log-the-big-red-devastator-caselabs-thw10-custom-powder-coating/70#post_25917026

1 minute ago, Revan654 said:

Fan test has started.

what are you testing the fans for?

Builds:

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

what are you testing the fans for?

for if they work...?

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

7 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Why wouldn't I? I replaced the terminal on every fan.

9 hours ago, Shiv78 said:

for if they work...?

didnt think about that :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Revan654 said:

-snip-

those are some BEAUTIFUL cables! 0 slack looks amazing

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

3 hours ago, Shiv78 said:

those are some BEAUTIFUL cables! 0 slack looks amazing

Thanks the, The sleeving is super tight (It's only around 2mm OD). Hardest part is trying to cut the sleeving that small with a hot Knife. However I could only use 18 AWG wiring instead of the normal 16 AWG.

--------

MDPC-X has officially retired there crimpers & have introduced there new ones "Crimping Tool CTX3". There's no picture currently. There set to be released on July 25th.

lTS5LrYl.jpg

All Sata Power Connectors wired with 18 AWG & DarkSide Sleeving. I'm going to test MDPC-X with 18 AWG & 16 (2mm version)  at some point to see if heatshrinkless is possible witth the thicker sleeving.

-------

When buying Push-In connectors be careful on the brand you buy.

1H5DQRDl.jpg
p8koLeIl.jpg

ModSmart -> TKG -> HWT -> Molex

To this date I still haven't been able to get any kind of wiring into the ModSmart connector. The spacing is so tiny & teeth refuses to accept 16 or 18 AWG wiring.

TKG will accept larger OD wiring but you will not be able to do any kind of heatshrinkless sleeving due to how the covers are designed.

HWT most commonly used Brand with sleeving due to how cheap the connectors are. It should accept 18 AWG without any issues. 16 AWG I have no idea if it will work or not.

The official Brand Molex will accept 18 AWG easily. I will test to see if it will accept 16 AWG (2mm version) at a later date.

There also JMT which I don't have any right now to test & see what wiring they will accept. They tend to follow Molex guidelines when it comes to specs of there connectors (Usually they allow larger OD then what Molex brand accepts).

--------

I went ahead & ordered a 3rd PowerAdjust 3 Ultra for my BeQuiet Fans.

Speaking of BeQuiet, They wire the fans are wired very oddly. You would think it would be 1:1 but no. It's basically 1 -> 4 | 4-> 1. If you ever de-attach the connector be sure to re-connect them the way BeQuiet wires them or they will not run.

Also to this day I have yet to see any fan sleeving with High Quality sleeving(WaterCool is only company I seen to use Very high Quality Sleeving but it's on there LED for the GPU & res). BeQuiet which is better then most cable sleeving. Still uses medium quality sleeving (It's very thin sleeving & you can see through it to see the wires). It's still better then what companies like ThermalTake & Noctua uses (Which is the thick oily sleeving).

-------

a Word of Warning never buy anything directly from E22, It's been almost a week & they still haven't shipped out my order ( It's just a bunch of screws). They don't even respond to my E-mails. Time to file a a dispute with Pay-Pal. Talk about bad business practices.

-------

For those who asked, Here is all the tools I use for my Glass tubing:

mTPAJJkl.jpg
qakkhsYl.jpg
iOy70uYl.jpg

I Keep forgetting my Motherboard has a Molex port for some reason.

*Reminder Create a Molex Cable for Motherboard).*

--------

mdQH7KEl.jpg?1

------

HWNDj8Xl.jpg

Doing some Sleeving test with thinner 22 AWG wiring. The sleeving is 1.5mm thick, Not sure if they make anything thinner (In PET or Paracord).

Looks like AlphaCool & Mayhem are playing well together again. AlphaCool & Mayhem did have a meeting recently to work everything out. One thing it still not excuse is how AlphaCool treats some of there costumers & there business practices.

cbee371b_Vardar_Blog_Banner2x-100.jpeg

0db 9_9 All electronic devices creates some type of db, 0db is unreachable with the current technology available.

Corsair ML Pro still performances better, Even if I didn't have any fans I would still go with Corsair.

Just now, Revan654 said:

0db 9_9 All electronic devices creates some type of db, 0db is unreachable with the current technology available.

Corsair ML Pro still performances better, Even if I didn't have any fans I would still go with Corsair.

you can already turn off your fans with speedfan, these fans dont offer any improvement at all lol

Builds:

Spoiler

Nice to see someone doing a glass tubing loop. I had the idea a long while ago, bought some tubing from amazon, but found that bending glass tubing is a REAL pain in the ass. Simple propane torch really isn't good enough (burns too hot, in too small of an area)

Best of luck.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs