[Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7 6950X | Titan X | Borosilicate Glass Tubing

Revan654
5 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

Is the build done? And how much did you spend so far on watercooling?

OP doesn't really know, because a lot of it was gift certificates + he/she doesn't give a shit xD

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

25 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

you won't get any numbers... he doesn't even keep track himself. and AFAIK it is not finished, he's doing the wiring stuff atm

Not done? Lol now those components are pretty old. BUT if he can use it RN and the rest is just astethics than that's fine.

So true it hurts

K5waWmZl.jpg

AwV7xR0l.jpg

upiWrGFl.jpg

uFJUoY4l.jpg

First Cut of Glass & installed it in the most PIA area in the case. Trying to balance a radiator, Lining up the fittings, Getting the fittings to insert all the way & not having the tubing bend in any way (Dam nearly impossible with two hands).

Now I can put my case back together.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

For those ordering Molex Connectors. Molex No longer makes the 24 pin Black version for the 5557 series, You can only obtain the 24 pin version from the 46992 series. The 46992 version is not truly black, it's a very lite black.

kWHjHpCl.jpg

Molex 46992 vs JMT

FyGxPV1l.jpg

Molex 46992 vs Molex 5557 series

TJb8Iijl.jpg

Molex 5557 vs JMT

Anyone know of any UV LED Flex lighting that can be cut (Like RGB strips)? UV seems to be hardest to obtain in this form. I have rigid version but there a bit to long so I was hoping someone made flex version in UV (Not Purple, I know Bitfenix has one but it's not true UV).

@CableMod Any chance your CableMod WideBeam Foam Adhesive LED Strip UV can be cut to fit small sections of a case?

1 hour ago, Revan654 said:

Anyone know of any UV LED Flex lighting that can be cut (Like RGB strips)? UV seems to be hardest to obtain in this form. I have rigid version but there a bit to long so I was hoping someone made flex version in UV (Not Purple, I know Bitfenix has one but it's not true UV).

@CableMod Any chance your CableMod WideBeam Foam Adhesive LED Strip UV can be cut to fit small sections of a case?

There might be some in ebay, almost anything can be found but low quality most of the time. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 hours ago, Revan654 said:

@Revan654 we stopped making the foam backed ones, but you likely can still find them in stock at some places. Otherwise you could turn to our hybrid RGB/UV strips which are wider, but offer a wider range of color options as well. The hybrids are foam adhesive backed and magnetic to be a dual purpose, dual mounting solution. The strips are both going to be flexible enough to fit though. :)

4 hours ago, CableMod said:

@Revan654 we stopped making the foam backed ones, but you likely can still find them in stock at some places. Otherwise you could turn to our hybrid RGB/UV strips which are wider, but offer a wider range of color options as well. The hybrids are foam adhesive backed and magnetic to be a dual purpose, dual mounting solution. The strips are both going to be flexible enough to fit though. :)

@CableMod That's what I was trying to avoid. I didn't want to increase the size of the LED strip. I needed the standard size but in pure UV. Since the area I was going to add it on only accepts certain sizes.

21 hours ago, Revan654 said:

@CableMod That's what I was trying to avoid. I didn't want to increase the size of the LED strip. I needed the standard size but in pure UV. Since the area I was going to add it on only accepts certain sizes.

@Revan654 PPCS still has some 60cm strips in stock of the foam if you want to check those out then.

www.performance-pcs.com/cablemod-widebeam-foam-adhesive-led-strip-uv-60cm-30-leds.html

We have the 30cm strips in stock on our store as well still.

https://store.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-widebeam-foam-led-strip/

6 hours ago, CableMod said:

@Revan654 PPCS still has some 60cm strips in stock of the foam if you want to check those out then.

www.performance-pcs.com/cablemod-widebeam-foam-adhesive-led-strip-uv-60cm-30-leds.html

We have the 30cm strips in stock on our store as well still.

https://store.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-widebeam-foam-led-strip/

Thanks, I'll take a look when I place my next order with them next week.

How have I not discovered this awesome build until now?!

My Build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k

GPUAsus GTX 1080 Strix

MOBO: Asus Maximus XI Apex

RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

HDD(S): 2tb Seagate Firecuda, 2TB WD Black

SSD(S): 480GB Corsair MP500, 960GB Corsair Force LE, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG

COOLER: Corsair H150i Pro

MONITOR: Asus PG279Q

KEYBOARD: Kinesis Gaming Edge With MX Browns

MOUSE: Corsair Glaive RGB

HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD650

RlEtVr6l.jpg
zY6dqFGl.jpg

Re-Wired my RGB WaterBlock & Fully sleeved it the cable.

*Side Note* the RGB plug does work with Aqua-Computer farbwerk you will need to create a extension cable due to the short length.

l2UXZhXl.jpg

Trying out different methods for the Power & Reset Switch to motherboard. The holes are to small to fit sleeving inside them (unlike the OEM version)

f4TJXLGl.jpg
3EmiZM4l.jpg

Most of my USB & Aquabus cables are done(I ran out of terminals & housing, Waiting on Mouser for another shipment to finish up). Ribbon wiring makes everything much easier & easier to keep track (What Wire 1 is & what wire is Wire 4). All my ribbon wire came directly from Moddiy (It may be a bit expensive, but your getting more wire per inch due to the multiple conductors).

-----

QtIECIul.jpg
Tz6ELIwl.jpg

My two M.2 blocks Joined together with glass tubing. Not allot of glass exposed due to space between the two pcie slots is small.

-----

XXCLW8El.jpg
cpK9vUGl.jpg

Replaced all the internal thumbscrews with Aluminum ones.

*Side Note* All the screws supplied with Case-Labs cases are steel not Aluminum.

----

f8JoYHEl.jpg

My One pannel which contains Hubby7 x2 & Spliity9 (For bottom Rads, Fronts Fans & Aquabus devices)

----

cs0BJSol.jpg

Did Allot of Cuts Last night, Mainly the smaller cuts. Dremel is the way to go with smaller pieces.

1 hour ago, Revan654 said:

35uP8NAl.jpg
g2IBR6bl.jpg

24P

-----

5nBDZ8Xl.jpg

CPU (EPS)

----

sMtXMAtl.jpg

PCie

Testing results of my PSU cables.

Rock solid. That's nice, even better then my EVGA G2 which I already think is good. Think 3.3 is a bit droopy I think. Nice to see that all the cables work though! 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Looking good - But please replace those those plastic mounting clips for the res 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

2 hours ago, mikeeginger said:

Looking good - But please replace those those plastic mounting clips for the res 

If you mean what holds the res, Those are not plastic there POM(Which is very high quality material, very far from plastic). I can't replace it with anything, since this is what WaterCool uses to hold the res to the mounting plate(Which has decoupling in between the two). There are no 3rd part holders that can be used with WaterCool Res.

WaterCool only uses High quality materials there is zero cheap materials in there products. The res is also square so no holder that I know of will hold that res(like singularity computers Res holder, Which would be the only holder I would buy).

Not to mention all the holes have been drilled on the mounting plate, So to re-mount the res I would have to buy a new mounting plate which would take about a month to make.

ZmyKTf1l.jpg

Tool needed to create the passthrough, Make sure you place Painters tape on each side.

kmdbZXTl.jpg

The only fitting I have that is not Bitspower (Since I didn't want the passthrough to be watermarked or have logos on it). Fitting is the EK pass-through & have served me very well in the past.

rpk4M0El.jpg
IbYC043l.jpg

First Pass-Through created, This will go from Dual res to the dual pumps.

GVCZuiMl.jpg
DUKrwdtl.jpg

Two more curved Glass pieces Cut to correct size & ready to be placed inside the case.

vIElwI0l.jpg

The fitting used to connect the pump & pass-through (I should use a quick-Disconnect in the middle maybe?) to make it easier to remove the pump from the case if needed.

Pr4CLsll.jpg

Glass Cut prior to the edges being curved(This is without using any sort of jig or helper tool, All Free-handed).

riVyyg4l.jpg
JKH8F8Al.jpg

The ends curved so they will not cut into the O-Ring (Also make sure to always get the O-Rings wet before trying to place tubing inside the fitting).

Can't believe this build is still in progress lol.  Should be worth it in the end though.

Just a heads up, glass dust is really hazardous to ingest.  I've been working with it lately myself, and it's a pain keeping it contained and cleaned up properly.  I recommend wetsanding it when possible for easier cleanup, and if you're using a dremel for the cuts it's a good idea to pour water over the glass as you make the cuts to keep the dust from getting airborne.  I also wear a filtered mask when doing any cutting, grinding, or sanding.  Just a PSA in case you weren't aware of the potential health risks.  Good luck with the build!

50 minutes ago, failwheeldrive said:

Can't believe this build is still in progress lol.  Should be worth it in the end though.

Just a heads up, glass dust is really hazardous to ingest.  I've been working with it lately myself, and it's a pain keeping it contained and cleaned up properly.  I recommend wetsanding it when possible for easier cleanup, and if you're using a dremel for the cuts it's a good idea to pour water over the glass as you make the cuts to keep the dust from getting airborne.  I also wear a filtered mask when doing any cutting, grinding, or sanding.  Just a PSA in case you weren't aware of the potential health risks.  Good luck with the build!

I'm aware of glass dust(Just a few pages back about the entire discussion). It's why glass should remain constantly wet when working with it. It also makes cutting it much easier.

20 hours ago, failwheeldrive said:

Will add that after 24 Hours allot of the dust & dangerous materials becomes moot.

5 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Started playing around with lighting, What does everyone think UV or Blue (Don't have any pictures right now since I have not mixed any coolant yet).

UV id say

Builds:

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Started playing around with lighting, What does everyone think UV or Blue (Don't have any pictures right now since I have not mixed any coolant yet).

UV.

My Build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k

GPUAsus GTX 1080 Strix

MOBO: Asus Maximus XI Apex

RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

HDD(S): 2tb Seagate Firecuda, 2TB WD Black

SSD(S): 480GB Corsair MP500, 960GB Corsair Force LE, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG

COOLER: Corsair H150i Pro

MONITOR: Asus PG279Q