[Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7 6950X | Titan X | Borosilicate Glass Tubing

Revan654
18 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Nice to see someone doing a glass tubing loop. I had the idea a long while ago, bought some tubing from amazon, but found that bending glass tubing is a REAL pain in the ass. Simple propane torch really isn't good enough (burns too hot, in too small of an area)

Best of luck.

Glass bending is not really something to do a home. the glass should not be placed in the flame, You then need to constantly rotate the glass over a good 6 to 12". You also need to make sure you have the blower attached to the glass.

You also want to make sure the torch is not going to hit 3500.

It's why most companies sell pre-bent Glass tubing, It's to much of a chore to bend glass on your own.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

9 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Glass bending is not really something to do a home. the glass should not be placed in the flame, You then need to constantly rotate the glass over a good 6 to 12". You also need to make sure you have the blower attached to the glass.

You also want to make sure the torch is not going to hit 3500.

It's why most companies sell pre-bent Glass tubing, It's to much of a chore to bend glass on your own.

Indeed. I managed to get one or two bends, but it was way too difficult to be feasible.

I really can't wait to see your finished build.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

Indeed. I managed to get one or two bends, but it was way too difficult to be feasible.

I really can't wait to see your finished build.

Here is a video from Someone doing Glass bending if your interested.

-----------

2yMaURyl.jpg

Right now I'm not sure on two points of my loop.

1. Exiting out of the MonoBlock to the top radiator.

2. Exiting out of the Reservoirs & to the pump on the other side.

-----------

For those looking at BeQuiet SW3 (I still don't understand why people think these perform better then all other rads fans).

9h7C12zl.jpg

This is the gap I was talking about. The fan doesn't even cover the entire radiator.

1 hour ago, Revan654 said:

Here is a video from Someone doing Glass bending if your interested.

/snip

-----------

/snip

Right now I'm not sure on two points of my loop.

1. Exiting out of the MonoBlock to the top radiator.

2. Exiting out of the Reservoirs & to the pump on the other side.

-----------

For those looking at BeQuiet SW3 (I still don't understand why people think these perform better then all other rads fans).

/snip

This is the gap I was talking about. The fan doesn't even cover the entire radiator.

I watched videos like that back when I made my attempt. Not sure about the tubing placement (I am not good at hard tubing, the tubing runs on my current build look terrible.)

I use Noctua 3000rpm black fans along with a radiator gasket. Not sure why people are obsessed with BeQuiet fans. I use Noctua because I want the best quality fans with the best longevity. In my experience all other fans just get crappy as time goes on. I care more about performance than silence (they're called headphones, use them. lol). Which is also why I don't bother with Fractal cases.

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I watched videos like that back when I made my attempt. Not sure about the tubing placement (I am not good at hard tubing, the tubing runs on my current build look terrible.)

I use Noctua 3000rpm black fans along with a radiator gasket. Not sure why people are obsessed with BeQuiet fans.

I guess due to there noise level & because there German made. Some people on other forums are so up BQ a** it's not even funny. If you say anything bad about them they try to defend them & try to prove they are the best fans ever made. Even when they know it's BS.

Just now, Revan654 said:

I guess due to there noise level & because there German made. Some people on other forums are so up BQ a** it's not even funny. If you say anything bad about them they try to defend them & try to prove they are the best fans ever made. Even when they know it's BS.

All I know is that I've always used Noctua fans and never had one fail or die, when I'm a 2 pack a day smoker who smokes around his computers.

(although I am trying to quit)

6 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Well TBH I am a bequiet fan, but only as case fans, cases, psus and tower coolers. I would never dream of using them on a rad. I'm more pissed on the people going all out on noctua, allthough they look hideous and aren't that quiet as many people like to think. And as long as somebody has valid arguments against using bequiet stuff, I don't mind. I see your problem on the rad.

EDIT: to the point of noctua: I'm thinking of the people who see noctua as the best fan brand ever and don't accept oppinions that state that there is more than one very good fan. But that's the problem with every fanboy i guess...

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

3 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Good luck with that, always nice to see people who atleast try. 

As for the fan argument I have litteraly never cared about the brand or looks. The performance and price is all that matters to me and on the used market u tend to be able to get decent fans for around $1 a pop, and high quality ones for $3 each. Got my two Noctua industrial fans for basically free from a guy when I bought a case and a PSU from him, and then I got my money back for the case even... Anyway the ones I have in Northern Bee are two fractal case fans and two corsair case fans, and I can't hear either over the God damn EKWB DC pump 4.0. that pump is the first thing I'm replacing. It's EXTREMELY loud. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 hours ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

Well TBH I am a bequiet fan

wut

Untitled drawing.jpg

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

4 hours ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

Well TBH I am a bequiet fan, but only as case fans, cases, psus and tower coolers. I would never dream of using them on a rad. I'm more pissed on the people going all out on noctua, allthough they look hideous and aren't that quiet as many people like to think. And as long as somebody has valid arguments against using bequiet stuff, I don't mind. I see your problem on the rad.

EDIT: to the point of noctua: I'm thinking of the people who see noctua as the best fan brand ever and don't accept oppinions that state that there is more than one very good fan. But that's the problem with every fanboy i guess...

Nothing wrong with BeQuiet(Except I don't like the wiring they use). I have them for Case Fans & such. SW 2 & 3 on my built PC's. There frames are not designed for Radiators, they leave to much space open & fan never hits those spots on the radiator.

I should add that BeQuiet & Aqua-Computers AQ6 does not work together well.

Noctua use to be go to fans with AIO's. Now with all new fans, there is nothing special about them anymore.

6 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

All I know is that I've always used Noctua fans and never had one fail or die, when I'm a 2 pack a day smoker who smokes around his computers.

The Noctuas even have the right colors for a smoker =) 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

9 hours ago, Shiv78 said:

wut

lol  :D

didn't think of that :D

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

2x Dell UP2516D

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

f8NfjTvl.jpg
xRxieA3l.jpg
n0cnBmHl.jpg
YPzZZYRl.jpg

I have cut the sleeving/melting process down a bit. Takes about 8 seconds per side now.

I also had to crimp the terminal two different ways due to how my PSU faces & how the input connectors on the motherboard faces.

GKZrAoDl.jpg

-------

Double Wire with my new Method (I really don't need to Solder since the wire is double crimped, However I still solder since it will help with connectivity).

tQmQsGDl.jpg
iLGR4t3l.jpg
Y5NusoXl.jpg
egQHlqJl.jpg
oxZbzCFl.jpg
qgmNo2Zl.jpg

------

MNPCTech Order:

M4 x 30mm
M4 x 35mm (For Pump)

-----

NewEgg Order

Corsair ML Pro 140 (For Push/Pull Setup)
BeQuiet SW3 PWM (For the last Fan slot in the front)
ThemalTake Dr Power II (It's only PSU tester I can find that supports 8 Pin GPU cables)

----

Amazon:

Phobya Shroud & Decoupling (Only bought it so I don't have to cut through the radiator mounts for the case).
Dremel 2500-01 Rotary Tool Multi-Vise (For Holding Glass Tubing when Cutting, It also has rubber mounts so it will not scratch the Glass)
Dremel 4300 With Kit 43 addons (This is in the buy later option right now until I can find some solid data on what rpm to use when cutting with a Dremel. I'm coming up with nothing while searching Google).

im starting to feel you will end up spending more time building this computer then you ever will using it lol. not that thats really a bad thing though becuse building computers is a hell of a lot of fun!

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

FZETpFgl.jpg

oGT1SDpl.jpg

This cable took awhile to make, It was difficult & hard on the fingers to get the wire inside the terminals. 18 AWG might be easier, However I was using 16 AWG (2mm) which was a bit trickier to get in, Plus it was harder to hide the sleeving ends.

I guess it wasn't the best idea to use 1.5mm Sleeving on 2mm wiring, Since it took awhile to get the sleeving up to the connectors.

meme.exe

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

smol dig

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

zoJWgjml.jpg

This should be the last panel I need to normally drill. I still might need to do some drilling with Holesaw to create some passthroughs for my loop.

------

IKjER0I.jpg

The second batch of fans have been sleeved & terminals have been replaced with gold plated versions.

------

O6yquRj.jpg

I been waiting months for MainFrameCustoms to get Sockets in to do my own power supply cord. However they still haven't gotten any in stock, Even though they told me last month they would be getting more in, In two weeks (That date has already passed).

I went ahead and had Singularity Computer do the cable for me & they also tested it for me as well (Cord will work on High End PSU (1600w). They also gave me a 10 dollar discount on my order (Not sure why, Maybe because I order so much stuff from them?). Other then AliExpress there only other one who sells JMT connectors & terminals at a very good price.

It's sleeved with MDPC-X Black too. :)

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, Revan654 said:

9h7C12zl.jpg

Could you make a shroud out of black acrylic and then mount the fans to the shroud ? I get you on this, things like this would annoy the shit out of me once it was built and then I would be like "wtf didn't I do it when it wasn't built" then end up stripping the build down to sort it out.

looking great so far, love the idea of glass bending! 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Is the build done? And how much did you spend so far on watercooling?

So true it hurts

5 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

Is the build done? And how much did you spend so far on watercooling?

you won't get any numbers... he doesn't even keep track himself. and AFAIK it is not finished, he's doing the wiring stuff atm

- Ryzen Build -

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

2x Dell UP2516D