[Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7 6950X | Titan X | Borosilicate Glass Tubing

Revan654

If you don't mind me asking (and sorry if this was already asked as I haven't read all the comments on this) but how much did all of this cost?

Cheers!

6 hours ago, EdwardIIV said:

If you don't mind me asking (and sorry if this was already asked as I haven't read all the comments on this) but how much did all of this cost?

Cheers!

I didn't keep track, Plus it was very hard to. Some came from Amazon Gift Cards I have gotten for Free over the year (Nearly 2,000 dollars worth). Other came from money I make from my Youtube channel. Other is my own personal money.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

I grabbed this for my paint sealer:

61pHiGeaUtL._SL1500_.jpg

Grabbed this to replace the silver screws on my one waterblock:

413oPkndEhL.jpg

or

61guJZFV8oL._SL1123_.jpg

These for my Res, & terminals on my waterblock:

Hexagon-Socket-Head-Bolt-Din912-Grade12-

Sata Cables (One of three options I have for my Sata Cables). Also have some un-Sleeved flat versions so I can use MDPC-X to sleeve it(14" & 19").

H7jIkry.jpg

or

db_file_img_3386_800xauto.jpg

ThumbScrews (Not sure why we get Steel Thumbscrews) These are Aluminum.

black_1_pc_computer_gaming_case_thumb_sc

6-32 Countersunk (Again not sure why we get Steel screws) These are Aluminum.

counter-632-25-bk_01.jpg

or

counter-632-25-bk_01_1.jpg

Mayhems XT-1 Nuke (Five bottles), Each of my 560 can hold close to one liter + a few bottles of Ultra Pure H2O

UV_blue.jpg

+

1Ltr_-_H20.jpg

MKIZcTF.jpg
rC4pqwy.jpg
wH9PdNe.jpg
51LDA0b.jpg

---------

- I'm most likely removing the filter, Since it's been nothing but a pain to try to install it in my loop.
- All my dual female PWM cables unsleeved.
- My custom spade cables (power cables for power/rest button) unsleeved.

On 4/29/2017 at 2:50 AM, Revan654 said:

Joke right? If not Hits head on keyboard. Go up two post & read the giant post about my sleeving. All pin layout can be easily found on overclock or google. I can't directly link due to the fact each PSU is different.

missed that one >< this thread is getting outta control long. my bad, sorry.

3 hours ago, alphastrata said:

missed that one >< this thread is getting outta control long. my bad, sorry.

I was just joking, the pictures are not scaling like they should on the the forums. Most of my photos are taken at 4K or above. They should scale way down for web viewing, they are kind caught in the middle.

This is nothing my build log over at Overclock is close to 60 pages.

If you use the same tools & method, It should come out the same as mine. Just don't over burn it, it will leave a melted look to the sleeving that sits outside the PSU connectors. The start up price may be a bit expensive, once you get tools out of the way, the rest is very reasonable.

I will add this, If your looking to do single sleeved fan cables look for the smallest 22 AWG possible (Still processes all requirements for 22AWG wire for controlling a fan). MainFrameCustoms 22AWG is the same wire that Moddiy sells. You may be able to get a deal on it from Moddiy since it's coming from China.

Mod-One doesn't sell any 22 AWG wiring for some strange reason (They sell terminals & connectors for fans but not the wiring). Performance-pcs 22 AWG is decent, not the highest quality you can get. It will do the job. It also thinner then what MainFrameCustoms sells.

oOyXyX5.jpg
MuLX5nG.jpg

------

Finished making & sleeving my dual PWM cables for Splitty 9 fan controllers. Now I'm out of female fan terminals, I have to wait until my next order arrives.

- All wiring I use is out of stock. The 22 AWG I use is out of stock at MainFrameCustoms & 16 AWG wiring from Icemodz is out of Stock. I have no idea when it will be back in-stock & haven't found a place that sells the same kind of wiring.

Bild-3-Landingpage_1920x1920.png

- ^ Their completely sold out of 16mm version. It seem it's going to suffer the same issue all tube lighting has. The lighting will keep degrading the longer the tubing is & how many bends the tubing has.

- Was their some kind of stealth Release by AlphaCool? I notice AlphaCool all of a suddenly have bigger ID bending inserts for their 16/13mm tubing now.

Hmm, What to do? I'm kind of stuck until I get the rest of my sleeving supplies.

- 16 AWG was finally shipped from Icemodz last night.

- This Looks to be the same 22 AWG wire MainFrameCustoms Uses, All data matches(Thankfully the print on the wire helped). Since I have no idea nor does MFC know when their getting more 22 AWG wire in (Link: http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?r=566-9921-100-10)

- The biggest issue with MFC is they don't stock enough supplies to cover the demand. Theirs about a month wait for their next major order to arrive. Their cable combs theirs about a four month wait (that's due to the fact that their combs have to be hand drilled).

- Touching up all my custom painted items before I finally apply the finishing coat to everything, to try to prevent & scratches or paint chips.

- I should be getting my big shipment of cable sleeving supplies tomorrow, Since I used International Express.

- For those needing MDPC-X or any kind of sleeving supplies Mod-One is currently having a sale. 15% of their entire store (Should have waited an extra day before I ordered my 100ft of small Sleeving)

- I'll most likely be using Darkside Sata Cables (Un-Sleeved) for my build. The one issue I found out with THW10 cases (All Double wide cases), Is it kind of knocks the Sata cables off to a certain degree. Not sure if using longer stand-offs would work. It might not allow the IO shield to placed in the cut out properly. I'll be returning the Round Sata cables ( These cables would have been allot better if they were already sleeved & had a latch at both ends).

- Looks like customs has delayed my package from UPS from today to unknown date. No sleeving supplies to atlease Monday.

- Since I'm kind of stuck until my sleeving supplies arrive, I might as well work on my lighting. I have 4x RGB (20"). 4x UV (12" Maximum size they make) | 2x small UV (About 6")

7Zu3yZ8.jpg
jjGp0yP.jpg
0eeV137.jpg
uZW6oT9.jpg
YT7BbnT.jpg
yVwogAY.jpg
yFjx6Np.jpg?1
rfsncRh.jpg
hmRoXLy.jpg
ebwj5ay.jpg
Fa4aIiv.jpg
XqS1krQ.jpg
Ba8vo40.jpg
dukiWOE.jpg
bKeqqo9.jpg
JGvPZQp.jpg
xCYJZzA.jpg
uvCm5QL.jpg
p5kzIQ8.jpg

--------------

- I have a bunch of temp fittings, I have no idea where to place them, I already a bunch at my radiators.
- I'm might two normal temp senor probes on each side (Top & bottom) + I can can some to my Vision terminals.
- My main ATX Cable is ready just waiting on the connectors (Which got stuck in customs).
- RGB LED cables are done (Just needs sleeved).
- My 22 AWG wiring came in today from Mouser, Very fast shipping & Saturday delivery by UPS.
- I'll move onto creating my DarkSide connect cables. Since I still don't have any of the terminals I need to do the rest of my cables yet.
- Of Course it's going to rain all weekend which stops me from Painting (The primer is already applied & one side is painted (First coat Only).

sKEobfq.jpg?1
h7KL2dP.jpg?1
xwbXnq6.jpg?1
MIUyTvT.jpg
fQZ2JLL.jpg
P7ky8Nf.jpg

------

- The difference between CableMod & MDPC-X sleeving. As you can see MDPC-X is much thicker when comparing it to CableMod's ModMesh series. CableMod Sleeving looks to be under 3mm(2mm sleeving stretched to to hit around 2.8mm, Similar to Darkside 2mm sleeving). Due to that no 3rd Party cable combs will work with CableMod cables (ModFlex or ModMesh). The Comb just slides around this includes combs from DarkSide, MNPCTech, Ice-Modz, etc.... I Just thought I would show this for people who are on fence between CableMod or MDPC-X Sleeving.
- Theirs a side LED for the res that's Blue (I was trying to re-Sleeve it). However my Cat grabbed it and ran away with breaking the soldering points on the LED's (Breaking the LED's completely). Be very careful if you re-wire or re-sleeve these. The soldering point can break very easily, The wire is very thin (I'm guessing it's 26 or 28 AWG).
- I also placed two UV rigid LED behind each res. Since my coolant UV active.

- If I ever re-do my tubing for this Build, I'm going with glass next time.

This is easily the most thoroughly thought through and well planned custom loop pc I've seen

26 minutes ago, killer5247 said:

ok

CableMods are not the best created cables to start with. Their sleeving is very thin (Only 2mm type Sleeving) & they only use 18AWG wiring Which from what I can see is cheaply made stuff you can buy a feet for .10. Not the High quality stuff that's copper plated.

MDPC-X is best sleeving you can buy, It's created in-house in Germany, Nothing is import unlike other types of sleeving. It's very easy to work with. I worked with a bunch of sleeving & MDPC-X is by far my favorite to work with.

MDPC-X is about 6 dollars for 25 feet & CableMod Kit will run you about 100+ dollars for the full kit.

If your not willing to create your own, There a few companies out their that will create custom created MDPC-X cables. The most known is Signuality Computers (There located in Australia, Everything is based on the AUD dollar not US dollar).

Link: https://www.singularitycomputers.com/shop/custom-cable-builder/sc-custom-cable/

Here is a list or everyone who does custom created Sleeving with MDPC-X: https://www.cable-sleeving.com/custom-cable-sleeving-services

6 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

CableMods are not the best created cables to start with. Their sleeving is very thin (Only 2mm type Sleeving) & they only use 18AWG wiring Which from what I can see is cheaply made stuff you can buy a feet for .10. Not the High quality stuff that's copper plated.

MDPC-X is best sleeving you can buy, It's created in-house in Germany, Nothing is import unlike other types of sleeving. It's very easy to work with. I worked with a bunch of sleeving & MDPC-X is by far my favorite to work with.

MDPC-X is about 6 dollars for 25 feet & CableMod Kit will run you about 100+ dollars for the full kit.

ok but i am used to just buy extensions for 50 bucks and call it a day

My personal Build as i am a cool tech enthusiast B|

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheSneakyRM/saved/

2 minutes ago, killer5247 said:

ok but i am used to just buy extensions for 50 bucks and call it a day

a few also makes extensions with MDPC-X. Mod-One is the best place if you want MDPC-X extensions. There US based.

I personally prefer custom created cables over extension cables.

5 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

I'd agree with you here MDPC-X is the best sleeving you can buy. I personally prefer the look of paracord even though it's being a pain in the rear to work with for me though. I got my own quality wire for my cables that i'm making as most of the companies give you mediocre wire. Gotta give props to icymodz for their connectors though.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

28 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

I'd agree with you here MDPC-X is the best sleeving you can buy. I personally prefer the look of paracord even though it's being a pain in the rear to work with for me though. I got my own quality wire for my cables that i'm making as most of the companies give you mediocre wire. Gotta give props to icymodz for their connectors though.

Paracord is to thin for my liking (Plus a PIA). I think IceModz uses a mix of HWT & TKG for their connectors. There wiring is one of the best(Copper plated). I'm not a fan of HWT but TKG has amazing quality.

I personally use JMT connectors & terminals. There only two places I know of that sells them.