ThirtyIR Becomes the First Youtuber to Accomplish Successful 4 Way SLI Titan X Pascal Scaling with 70-95% Usage EACH at 8k

SaintRogers
1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I've uploaded my own gameplay recordings to youtube at 60 fps before, and I also play GTA V a lot, and I'm rather sure that I'm just very picky about how smooth it has to be.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Quite sure.  Other 60 fps videos play just fine.  I think maybe we just have different tolerances for that sort of thing

Wasn't just you. Video was jumpy as hell.

7 hours ago, IGJoe2192 said:

Not what I noticed with GTA V, When I ran my HD7970's(2x3GB) in crossfire and RX480's (2x8GB), it said 6GB and 16GB respectively. With the 7970's it allowed me to push upwards of 5GB of vram usage without a fuss. 

It's not how Crossfire and SLI work. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

Out of the video commentary done by this guy something smells fishy.

He's talking his accomplishment up like it's the second coming of Christ, in a very non humble way.

Who cares that he got 4 Titan XPs to work honestly

Because he's lying about being the first. He's trying to take credit for being the first person "in the world" to run sli 4 way in games. When... He reached out to another member of guru3d who was actually the first person to get 4 way sli running, to have them fix his setup so it worked in games. He followed what the guru3d member said, got it working, then turned right around, claimed he had a "eureka moment" and became the first person "in the world" to run 4 way sli in games on the titan xp.

He's a narcissist who tried to steal credit for someone else's accomplishment, and then when exposed first freaked out, deleted a bunch of comments exposing him, before realizing there's nothing he could do and trying to go into damage control.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

9 hours ago, Railgun said:

Can I help you?

No, why would you ask that?

2 hours ago, Matu20 said:

No, why would you ask that?

I'm very aware that 2560x1440 is not exactly 2k. Most people are. However, people still generally say 2k as it is far more familiar and widely recognized to be 2560x1440.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

11 hours ago, Railgun said:

Can I help you?

And thus should be ignored, since it is invalid.

You go by the mentality of cant beat them, so join them?

27 minutes ago, Railgun said:

I'm very aware that 2560x1440 is not exactly 2k. Most people are. However, people still generally say 2k as it is far more familiar and widely recognized to be 2560x1440.

I thought most people call that 2.5k, when they're not calling it the much more obvious 1440p?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, cazetofamo said:

what?  How is he involved in this?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

11 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I've uploaded my own gameplay recordings to youtube at 60 fps before, and I also play GTA V a lot, and I'm rather sure that I'm just very picky about how smooth it has to be.

If it helps I see the stuttering too on my pc.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

4 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

If it helps I see the stuttering too on my pc.

well it doesn't really "help" but I'm glad other people can see it since it's in the freaking video :P 

If you can't see it... idk, maybe your games run terribly and you're used to that.

1 minute ago, cazetofamo said:

He has a thing for multi-card setups, hes gonna shit himself over this then aggonizr about whether he should do it. Frankly im surprised he doesnt have 3 quadros in sli

ah, ok then :)

57 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I thought most people call that 2.5k, when they're not calling it the much more obvious 1440p?

Well I'm just talking about when k is used. If we're talking about the WHOLE thing, 1440p is probably used a lot more and I can see why

If we're just talking about k, 2k is used much more frequently. It may be incorrect, and in reality, I would rather move on to 2.5k. But since 2k is what people are used to, I'm gonna stick with what best gets my message across

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

8 minutes ago, Railgun said:

Well I'm just talking about when k is used. If we're talking about the WHOLE thing, 1440p is probably used a lot more and I can see why

If we're just talking about k, 2k is used much more frequently. It may be incorrect, and in reality, I would rather move on to 2.5k. But since 2k is what people are used to, I'm gonna stick with what best gets my message across

but does it (get your message across) though?  I missed the initial post(s) that started this but if I read "2k", it's assume you mean 2048 x * or 1080p (pretty close)

"Natural Vision ENB Mod"

Why do modders think natural vision means desaturating all the colors and upping the contrast to the point where the game looks like you're playing it through an Instagram filter?

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

but does it (get your message across) though?  I missed the initial post(s) that started this but if I read "2k", it's assume you mean 2048 x * or 1080p (pretty close)

I think that's just you

On 8/30/2016 at 0:39 AM, Godlygamer23 said:

It's not how Crossfire and SLI work. 

I know exactly how it works, I have had 4 crossfire setups... BUT GTA 5 has been the exception to the rule it seems. 

On 8/29/2016 at 10:17 PM, Energycore said:

Out of the video commentary done by this guy something smells fishy.

He's talking his accomplishment up like it's the second coming of Christ, in a very non humble way.

Who cares that he got 4 Titan XPs to work honestly

Who cares? It's amazing that he and someone else were able to achieve this amazing amount of performance

13 hours ago, SaintRogers said:

Who cares? It's amazing that he and someone else were able to achieve this amazing amount of performance

I care. Yes I know your question was rhetorical. No I don't care that it was.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

• 4 weeks later...

I want to know why the person who discovered this on guru3d and the guy who ripped it off from him (thirtyir) are being so vague about all the details to get this to work.  Thirty IR in particular seems to be very selfish about this entire thing screaming from the roof tops "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME ONLY I GOT IT!!".  There's TONS of peopel who would love to get tri-quad 1080 SLI going.

5 hours ago, DreamAgainXI said:

I want to know why the person who discovered this on guru3d and the guy who ripped it off from him (thirtyir) are being so vague about all the details to get this to work.  Thirty IR in particular seems to be very selfish about this entire thing screaming from the roof tops "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME ONLY I GOT IT!!".  There's TONS of peopel who would love to get tri-quad 1080 SLI going.

To me, venturi's posts looks like, he atleast is trying to help you. Whereas Thirty IR only responds to comments praising his content. Only one time I've seen him responding to comment asking how he did it. His response? "It's complicated, can't tell you right now"

Jayztwocents posted new video about why he won't be doing 3 way SLI and there is "a lot" of comments saying "Thirty IR did it try ask him". Which I seriously doubt he will tell him how to do it considering venturi had to help him first.

9 hours ago, Funtoink63 said:

To me, venturi's posts looks like, he atleast is trying to help you. Whereas Thirty IR only responds to comments praising his content. Only one time I've seen him responding to comment asking how he did it. His response? "It's complicated, can't tell you right now"

Jayztwocents posted new video about why he won't be doing 3 way SLI and there is "a lot" of comments saying "Thirty IR did it try ask him". Which I seriously doubt he will tell him how to do it considering venturi had to help him first.

Venturi also seems very vague in his responses but maybe that's just me, definitely not as douchey as that thirty ir guy though that's for sure.