HP Omen 17 laptop power gremlins

So, I booted up my laptop today to discover that it doesn't want to be powered from PSU.
Recently I have been playing a lot of Helldivers 2 on very high settings, basically maxing the system out for multiple hours at a time. I get the feeling that that has degraded the power supply a bit quicker than normal, with 223 - 228 Watt power draw through a 230Watt power supply.
I'm ordering a new power supply, but does anyone know why the light on the top is flashing? It flashes twice a second~ and doesn't seem to refer to any codes. Furthermore, the "I'm getting power/doing stuff with power" light next to the barrel jack doesn't light up when in windows, but windows recognises that it is getting power and is running helldivers at 60FPS, something that cannot happen on battery only.

In short, I have a functional computer with some weird power issues and I would like to know if anyone thinks that they will cause issues later.
Video showing light flashing, helldivers working and killOWatt, as well as my "lovely~" voice over.

Edit:
Power light on top (red one) goes static when disconnected from PSU, I guess that means there is an issue with power when connected to mains, but I already knew that so it doesn't help much.
Edit 2:
I get the feeling it might be thermal since I unplugged it and it cooled a little, trying with a lump of metal and USB fan on it.
Could also be a loose connection inside PSU/to barrel jack since I sometimes hear it arcing.
Also all the lights are now working?
Edit 3:
NVM, loaded into a helldivers match and the power light probelms came back. I'm guessing that it's just pulling too much through the PSU, which then freaks out and commits unaliving, causing everything to die...

It's times like this that make console look very nice, or apple

Any help appreciated, thanks.

1 hour ago, donaldDuck946 said:

So, I booted up my laptop today to discover that it doesn't want to be powered from PSU.
Recently I have been playing a lot of Helldivers 2 on very high settings, basically maxing the system out for multiple hours at a time. I get the feeling that that has degraded the power supply a bit quicker than normal, with 223 - 228 Watt power draw through a 230Watt power supply.
I'm ordering a new power supply, but does anyone know why the light on the top is flashing? It flashes twice a second~ and doesn't seem to refer to any codes. Furthermore, the "I'm getting power/doing stuff with power" light next to the barrel jack doesn't light up when in windows, but windows recognises that it is getting power and is running helldivers at 60FPS, something that cannot happen on battery only.

In short, I have a functional computer with some weird power issues and I would like to know if anyone thinks that they will cause issues later.
Video showing light flashing, helldivers working and killOWatt, as well as my "lovely~" voice over.

Edit:
Power light on top (red one) goes static when disconnected from PSU, I guess that means there is an issue with power when connected to mains, but I already knew that so it doesn't help much.
Edit 2:
I get the feeling it might be thermal since I unplugged it and it cooled a little, trying with a lump of metal and USB fan on it.
Could also be a loose connection inside PSU/to barrel jack since I sometimes hear it arcing.
Also all the lights are now working?
Edit 3:
NVM, loaded into a helldivers match and the power light probelms came back. I'm guessing that it's just pulling too much through the PSU, which then freaks out and commits unaliving, causing everything to die...

It's times like this that make console look very nice, or apple

Any help appreciated, thanks.

maybe dont run max settings, if the laptop is relatively new and you bought it from somewhere normal and not facebook, you should have a warranty, try using that. Seems like maybe a battery issue also, if you can and trust yourself, try disconnecting the battery under the cover and then loading up the computer with the barrel jack in, heck even the barrel jack inside the laptop might be an issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2024 at 10:56 PM, abcdefghivjklmnop said:

maybe dont run max settings, if the laptop is relatively new and you bought it from somewhere normal and not facebook, you should have a warranty, try using that. Seems like maybe a battery issue also, if you can and trust yourself, try disconnecting the battery under the cover and then loading up the computer with the barrel jack in, heck even the barrel jack inside the laptop might be an issue. 

hi,
power supply to the laptop turned out to be the issue, the laptop itself was fine, but I get the feeling I cooked the PSU.
I might open it up just to get a look inside, and yes I know about the capacitors before this gets spammed.