Have you ever bought a product due to an LTT review?

Person74

Corsair AX860I and Z87-Deluxe... Linus said it was good damnit! Altough... eh -.-

Groomlake Authority

yeah that magnetic bowl for holding screws.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Actually now that I think about it, I haven't. I personally don't even use reviews to tell me what to buy, I just go off of what I know and what I think of it in person (if I'm at a store).

Not directly from the reviews but from the ads I did sign up for Ting mobile service.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Yes and no. LTT has essentially educated me on what to look for and how to determine what suits me. I'm sure ive bought some products they have reviewed, but i couldn't tell you off the top of my head what they are, because i chose my hardware based on tech knowledge gained from Linus/Jay/Kyle/Paul reviews and careful consideration of what i need.

I search for information from a wide variety of sources, but LTT forums and review videos have informed me in ways that have contributed towards some hardware purchases, including a Noctua NH-D15, and an EVGA GTX 1070. I think those are pretty much the only major PC hardware items I've purchased in the last two or more years. I am thinking about a 1440p / 144hz monitor later this year, though, and that's largely from being informed through this forum.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I actually have not. but LTT videos have made me more capable of doing better choices when it comes to computer parts.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I bougt my gtx 970 g1 gaming, my m65 rgb and my STRAFE rgb based on Linus's and Slick's reviews. I was going to buy a M45 like Linus, but the M65 rgb (the one with the ugly logo) was just $5 more than the M45, so I got that instead. I was also going to buy the regular STRAFE, but it was very expensive at my local store, so I orderes the RGB version from Amazon. 

My current G1 1070 I owe to Jayztwocents' review. 

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

On 8/27/2016 at 8:11 PM, Person74 said:

I know i did, i'm typing this on my Inspiron 7559, although i was already think about getting it, Linus pushed me over the edge, and i picked up the core i7 model, and i'm putting extra ram and an SSD in as well. Did any LTT reviews ever make you buy a product?

Yeah, this laptop is only a good deal in the U.S.A. In Canada, it cost $300 CAD more than the competing Asus GL552 or MSI GE62. So it was a no-go for me. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these laptops. 

Corsair air 240, g3258, hyper x cloud, and chromebook

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

Some of those rubber port covers to keep dust out, and a magnetic parts tray.

That tray was a lifesaver when I built my desktop. Seriously.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

No. I watch LTT's videos to be entertained, but if I want actual buying advice I always find myself going elsewhere.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Yeah.  Was going to get the 970 a year ago and i learned about the 290x because of ltt

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Yes. The 760T.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

No because the prices in Canada and Norway is different and i always find a better deal than linus do over here.

As much as I dislike the 'ads' in their videos, I know it helps pay bills and keeps them in cool tech gear.

I signed up to Lootcrate after seeing an ad in their video with their promo code. I both like the idea of getting geek toys every month, and it's always good to support stuff you enjoy.

On 8/30/2016 at 10:11 PM, Abdul201588 said:

Yes! I got myself 2 , e5 2699 v4 with 1tb of ram and 5 quadros 

/s 

I'm sure he did a review of the Asus Z97-A. And his old reviews of the 7950. 

1 Terrabyte of ram... WHAT?