Have you ever bought a product due to an LTT review?

Person74
On 9/1/2016 at 4:40 PM, kokakolia said:

Yeah, this laptop is only a good deal in the U.S.A. In Canada, it cost $300 CAD more than the competing Asus GL552 or MSI GE62. So it was a no-go for me. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these laptops. 

Well with the deal the I7559 is pretty good.

I've bought my Aorus X3+ (laptop), a Corsair K70 RGB and a Logitech G502 all based on Linus's reviews.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sennheiser Momentums and they got me to see the Quickfire keyboards. So, I have one of those, too.

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

I bought my LG G4 based on the LTT (along with others) review. I was in the market for a phone at the time and was trying to choose between the G4 and the HTC M9.

I bought my Cooler Master Elite 110 based on a review from Linus for my server.

CPU: i7 4770K @4.2Ghz  |  Corsair H100i V2  |  ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1  |  32GB Corsair 1600Mhz  |  GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G  |  Cooler Master Silent Pro 850 Watt

On 8/27/2016 at 7:14 PM, Person74 said:

You and me both, the i7559 review was a rare one.

Yeah I was actually thinking of buying that even before the review came up on youtube. It was like $300 off at the time!

Some of the LTT reviews really make me want to buy the products, but most are out of my price range.

Lots of things, not solely from the review but they usually played a large factor. Honestly LTT was a large contributing factor to get back into PC gaming and building a PC after stepping out of the scene in 2008. (sold my old gaming pc and bought a "school" friendly laptop.)

• Acer xb270HU 27" 1440p IPS GSYNC Beast of a monitor. No regrets.
  • Fractal Design R5
  • AudioEngine A5+ Speakers
  • Corsair K70 RGB
  • Logitech G502

1 hour ago, PureAwesome20 said:

Some of the LTT reviews really make me want to buy the products, but most are out of my price range.

this. perhaps I gonna save some to buy my 1st device that was reviewed by LTT (SGN7)

On 8/28/2016 at 10:29 AM, Ernest_L said:

HD8-DJ,  Schiit Magni and G710+

Your...your profile picture puts me on tilt.....

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

59 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Your...your profile picture puts me on tilt.....

Glad you like it ;)

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

I bought an(and don't hate on me for that) i7-6700k for gaming. I know i5's are enought but I not only considered benchmarks from LTT and had the lowlevel graphicsAPI in mind (which may really help in CPU intensive games and or new features that will benefit from this) as I do not think I will change that CPU in the next years anyway.

Besides I wanted to check how this thing OC's and I got a solid 4,6Ghz at around 1,35V, 50-60°C, Noctua DH15.
Plus if AMD starts the new lineup from what we seen this CPU seems the perfect counterfit, so I would still be in the more highend consumer space and quadcore may gets ditched... I do not risk it^^
I used a FX 8350, after all I have to say I'm really surprised how the 8350 worked while running multiple applications(The singelcore performance was soooo bad, but worked out well for most games). I had some hickups with the i7, but I fixed that and the i7 has not given up on me on yet... except it crashes on heavyload... they really screwed up with the calculation issue.

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.

I watched the video for the 3258 and it basically sold me on it. I went ahead and bought the 3258 for teh reasons Linus said and later in time I'll upgrade to a i5-4460. Basically, Linus allowed me to build a gaming system that got me high fps for a few months while I planned and saved for something better

For sure, I've purchased several things including consulting the videos + great community here for my latest desktop build and some headphones, haven't purchased the headset yet, still procrastinating on that one! 

Yes, Linus convinced me to buy my current PC, the ASUS G751 with the GTX980m.

It's a really good laptop. :D

ASUS G751JY-T7134H

I7-4710HQ@3.5Ghz; 16GB DDR3; GTX980M 4GB GDDR5; 128GB M.2 SSD; 1TB 7200rpm HDD; 17.3" FHD IPS

I had bought my laptop because of one of the ads posted in the video.

MSI GE62

Intel i7-5700

Nvidia 960M

12GB RAM