Gta 5 sold to one bilion people, but will not be avaible anymore?

You would think that Rockstar has so much money that one fluke like that is just pocket change. 

<sarcasam>Yeah i didn't realize that</sarcasam>

Source? If everything you say is true he's in his right to have the songs removed from the game and if destroying it is the only option well then that's what they have to do. I do however doubt that Rockstar was THAT stupid.

Sorry but money will win this battle and lets face it, 1 billion dollars in sales (roughly 7xx million in profit)... yes good luck IMO

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

But really, what do you think about this guys, will rockstar f**k it up? I actually think they will....

Damn. I was hoping for GTA 5 to shut down for consoles, so that rockstar has to put up a patched version for PC in order to keep the money flow.

who cares...

Oh so that is what its about. 1 Billion copies and he wants 4,000 (1-2) or all games recalled. I din;t read it all, my bad, pretty pissed not for pc. Over it by now...

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Oh so that is what its about. 1 Billion copies and he wants 4,000 (1-2) or all games recalled. I din;t read it all, my bad, pretty pissed not for pc. Over it by now...

SO TO EVERYONE WHO IS READING THIS POST LISTEN, IT ISNT 1 BILLION COPIES SOLD IT IS 1 BILLION IN PROFIT.

Daz Dilinger who? get hell out of here lol, there is no way a no name rapper is going to get GTA5 dropped from the self's. Rockstar low balled him the $4,271 for a reason LOL. ROCKSTAR basically told him with the $4000 that he is a nobody and to bring it. If they were that considered about this Daz Dilinger guy, they would have offered him what he wanted. Rockstar is not scared and neither should we. GTA5 will still come to the PC :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Certainly they can come to an agreement .It would be ignorant and selfish to have those games destroyed.

Daz Dilinger who? get hell out of here lol, there is no way a no name rapper is going to get GTA5 dropped from the self's. Rockstar low balled him the $4,271 for a reason LOL. ROCKSTAR basically told him with the $4000 that he is a nobody and to bring it. If they were that considered about this Daz Dilinger guy, they would have offered him what he wanted. Rockstar is not scared and neither should we. GTA5 will still come to the PC :)

Exactly.

Daz is just talking big, nothing is going to happen. All of you honestly think they are going to go to each unsold copy of the game and break it? Not going to happen.

Rockstar will have him executed no worries.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

This guys an idiot. it would be epic to get a song in gta V 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Here is me question, why did rockstar choose songs that they could not get licences to, and still put them in the game? 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

That musician is stupid, instead of using this as a great way to get more people to listen to his music he's going to try to take down Rockstar.

Doesn't he realize that they could easily patch out the songs from the game? Then he wouldn't get any compensation.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Here's a summary of the story:

- Rockstar offered him money for the songs, he refused the money but didn't say that they couldn't use his tracks.

- The musician then waits for sales figures to come in.

- Knowing that Rockstar are now backed into a bit of a legal corner, now he asks for the money, but A LOT more now as he now technically has leverage.

Solution:

The musician is an arse (if i can say that on the forum).

Patch the game to remove the songs, but make it a compulsory patch for games not run yet, AND DON'T GIVE HIM A DIME. What a *beep*.

That musician is stupid, instead of using this as a great way to get more people to listen to his music he's going to try to take down Rockstar.

Doesn't he realize that they could easily patch out the songs from the game? Then he wouldn't get any compensation.

He is egoist and musician, realise now? He will take this all to the court and earn money because on a stupid thing he got a chance

- Rockstar offered him money for the songs, he refused the money but didn't say that they couldn't use his tracks.

- The musician then waits for sales figures to come in.

- Knowing that Rockstar are now backed into a bit of a legal corner, now he asks for the money, but A LOT more now as he now technically has leverage.

Solution:

The musician is an arse (if i can say that on the forum).

Patch the game to remove the songs, but make it a compulsory patch for games not run yet, AND DON'T GIVE HIM A DIME. What a *beep*.

You owned my eyes by making me read this, this is the best post i heard right now in this topic

this is BS they can simply cut it out or block it...it's not that complicated

Seriously that dude is an idiot, having a song on GTA is awesome enough, and to get paid for it is even more awesome

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

theres no way he will be able to shut down gta

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

Hope that Rockstar would find a way in fixing this to avoid this from happening and disappointing PC users. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I just hope no one kills him, because we would have 'games are bad' all over the news again...

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

SO TO EVERYONE WHO IS READING THIS POST LISTEN, IT ISNT 1 BILLION COPIES SOLD IT IS 1 BILLION IN PROFIT.

My bad AGAIN. Sorry man, misread. I guess your profile pic actually resembles this issue we had...

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

I'm sorry but that's not how the law works. You don't have to tell people they CAN'T use one of your songs. That's why music is copyright protected, so people don't steal your music and come back and say "well you never said we couldn't". They need elicit written documentation that you allowed them to use your music for this game and any other uses you may have.

If Rockstar offered him money and he refused it they are in the wrong. He did not agree to allow to have his songs in the game and should not have been added, they have enough lawyers they should have known. This guy is 100% in the right in wanting to take them to court for what they did and demand a settlement.

I do believe he is taking this a little to far wanting it taken off the market but he does have a right to protect his IP. The law is on his side. He might not be able to shut down the game but he will most likely get the songs removed from the game and a cash settlement.

I don't understand why people are so against anyone wanting to protect what they own just because they are fighting a company you like and a product most of you haven't even played yet. What if a company took your music or your art design and used it for there use and made money off of it? Would you be ok with that or would you take them to court wanting to removed and/or a cash settlement.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I'm sorry but that's not how the law works. You don't have to tell people they CAN'T use one of your songs. That's why music is copyright protected, so people don't steal your music and come back and say "well you never said we couldn't". They need elicit written documentation that you allowed them to use your music for this game and any other uses you may have.

If Rockstar offered him money and he refused it they are in the wrong. He did not agree to allow to have his songs in the game and should not have been added, they have enough lawyers they should have known. This guy is 100% in the right in wanting to take them to court for what they did and demand a settlement.

I do believe he is taking this a little to far wanting it taken off the market but he does have a right to protect his IP. The law is on his side. He might not be able to shut down the game but he will most likely get the songs removed from the game and a cash settlement.

I don't understand why people are so against anyone wanting to protect what they own just because they are fighting a company you like and a product most of you haven't even played yet. What if a company took your music or your art design and used it for there use and made money off of it? Would you be ok with that or would you take them to court wanting to removed and/or a cash settlement.

Pretty much this. He has the law on his side & Rockstar screwed up. 

Could be the same issue as Coolio and Weird Al over Amish Paridise and the record label told them it was fine to use.