How much is hyperthreading worth to you?

No, I'm dead set against AMD for my proc right now.

Why?

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

No, I'm dead set against AMD for my proc right now.

Well it's not a matter of needing it so much as "futureproofing". Yeah, I know, I know, not possible. But with the next gen octas coming out, I can forsee the eight threads becoming the norm because devs are too lazy to optimize for quads.

go 2600k or 3770k or 4770k and a h60 / h70  oc 4.8 =  24/7 done 

Why?

Because they sux and have suxed since 2005. You think their the holy grail of cpus go find me ONE amd cpu on futuremark hall of fame,  Allbench , Cinebench ,  thats in top 100 PLZ.

Because they sux and have suxed since 2005. You think their the holy grail of cpus go find me ONE amd cpu on futuremark hall of fame,  Allbench , Cinebench ,  thats in top 100 PLZ.

I never said their the holy grail of CPUs.

Why don't you find me ONE non extreme edition CPU on there.

New games will use 8 cores and be optimized for AMD.

If your just gaming 8350 is more economical and just as good as an i5, plus with the $40 you save you can get a better cooler and overclock it

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I never said their the holy grail of CPUs.

Why don't you find me ONE non extreme edition CPU on there.

New games will use 8 cores and be optimized for AMD.

If your just gaming 8350 is more economical and just as good as an i5, plus with the $40 you save you can get a better cooler and overclock it

http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/ice+storm+3dmark+score+extreme+preset/version+1.1/1+gpu  theres one non extream  2600k proc not new at all... still faster then anything amd has.

and no, if you could afford it... lets say u had 10,000 to spend on a pc, you would still buy amd? I don't think your that blind are you?

"plus with the $40 you save you can get a better cooler and overclock it"    people with money dont care about this, they want the best. 

http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/ice+storm+3dmark+score+extreme+preset/version+1.1/1+gpu  theres one non extream 

and no, if you could afford it... lets say u had 10,000 to spend on a pc, you would still buy amd? I don't think your that blind are you?

The problem is that this guy doesn't have $10000 to spend.

The problem is that this guy doesn't have $10000 to spend.

you dont need that much to get a decent comp,  300 for cpu is nothing. Just save if you have to!

Personally, not worth squat.

I bought a 2500k for gaming, but I ended up doing video recording and rendering, it is fast enough for my concerns and my Internet isn't fast enough to stream, so I can't comment on that.

Honestly, I'd rather have 4 full cores, than 4 full cores and then 4 "virtual" cores. If I need more cores, I'd get a 8350.

you dont need that much to get a decent comp,  300 for cpu is nothing. Just save if you have to!

No everyone can get $300 so easily what if this guy works a part time minimum wage job

No everyone can get $300 so easily what if this guy works a part time minimum wage job

I know people on welfare that have better comps then 75% of the users on this site. 

Why?

Already explained in the thread.

go 2600k or 3770k or 4770k and a h60 / h70  oc 4.8 =  24/7 done 

Can't find a 2600K, or else I would've gotten it. And no, I won't buy computer parts pre-owned.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Already explained in the thread.

Can't find a 2600K, or else I would've gotten it. And no, I won't buy computer parts pre-owned.

Hey OP are you in Ontario my guess is you are since you mention Canada computers... hmm try kijiji

I know people on welfare that have better comps then 75% of the users on this site. 

ummm if thats true then I want to move to canada

Hey OP are you in Ontario my guess is you are since you mention Canada computers... hmm try kijiji

Did you not read the last sentence?

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Did you not read the last sentence?

Kijiji dosnt always mean used  ..... DID you read this sentence! f this thread

ummm if thats true then I want to move to canada

yea man its pretty gross 

Believe it or not, I REVERTED back to the 540. I got the 4100 and it did so badly for gaming that I had to swap back, and gave the Bulldozer to my parents. So no, my last AMD wasn't an Athlon II or something.

And as to why I want to keep PCI is for my sound card. Yeah, inboard has gotten better over the ages but I do like the one I have.

3570k I really don't see the benefit in going haswell if youre going to oc

Hyperthreading is so little compared to cores,so the 3570k is more than enough IMO.

I did some stuff on my machine that supposedly take advantage of HT but i did not experience much improvements in performance at all.But it still depends on application so yeah.

I was not happy at all with my last AMD chip, and I do play some games that definitely benefit per clock more than anything else. The other thing is that the i7 would last me longer between upgrades, since I can see the core of this system lasting me the next 4-5 years, with maybe a single GPU change. Couple other things I don't like from AMD, but those are smaller quirks.

The irony is the fact that they're reaching the limit of squeezing more performance out of single core so they're moving to parrallelisation so an 8 core CPU would last you longer.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

It's not worth $100 that's for sure.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

The irony is the fact that they're reaching the limit of squeezing more performance out of single core so they're moving to parrallelisation so an 8 core CPU would last you longer.

Well we're also reaching the limits of silicon based computing, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna buy a carbon nanotube processor.

Well we're also reaching the limits of silicon based computing, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna buy a carbon nanotube processor.

Carbon nanotube processor's are not mature enough but multi-core CPUs are however and they are the most efficient means of doing things ^_^

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

3570k I really don't see the benefit in going haswell if youre going to oc

Haswell has better motherboards in general.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.