Denuvo has been successfully cracked

Notree

Denuvo is freaking pointless, developers should just start using that money to make a better game.

There is a small chance a pirate will ever buy the game when he never did think that the game is worth the asking price.

10 hours ago, Sauron said:

-snip-

Well actually Sauron, its my 1st Doom and i really had no idea what to expect, but it is a complete rip off from the Halo franchise, but i like it. What i meant was, while the singleplayer was awesome, all upcoming DLC's by Bethesda just seem to be focused on Multiplayer anyways, which is quite disapointing.

Groomlake Authority

3 hours ago, arcwindz said:

Denuvo is freaking pointless, developers should just start using that money to make a better game.

There is a small chance a pirate will ever buy the game when he never did think that the game is worth the asking price.

As far as I can tell it has pretty much prevented AAA games from being cracked, this case being an exception as it is a bypass that should get patched. A pirate will almost never buy a game after getting it for free online, they'll just say (like I mostly did myself) "Hey, I already have it, I'll just finish it and play something else". Only a small percentage of people will actually try a game and then buy it on Steam and you know it.

Also regarding the "make a better game" comment, I'd say both DOOM and RotTR are both very good games, though I can't comment on Just Cause 3. You have refunds on Steam, if you don't like the game you can get your money back. Also don't preorder and you're good to go.

1 hour ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Well actually Sauron, its my 1st Doom and i really had no idea what to expect, but it is a complete rip off from the Halo franchise, but i like it. What i meant was, while the singleplayer was awesome, all upcoming DLC's by Bethesda just seem to be focused on Multiplayer anyways, which is quite disapointing.

indeed it is disappointing.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The thing with aging gamers that are used to getting pirated games.... here is the scoop...  They were NEVER going to buy the game anyways. Perhaps there are a few games that were SO good... maybe like Bioshock or The Witcher 3 they'd buy no matter what... to support the company but there are so many games that I don't play because supposedly the games are uncrackable. The golden era seems to be over and you know what... it doesn't matter at all... you just don't play the game... simple as that.. play something else that is either old... or free... like War Thunder.

Nice now i'll be able to see how bad performance is on ROTR and Just Cause 3 before i splash any cash on these Nvidia virus infected games.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

But they did not CRACK denuvo,  yes they found a way to play denuvo games but denuvo did not fail. It's via a steam-bug.
So denuvo still stands, it will be cracked eventually but the creators never claimed it would never be cracked.

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

7 hours ago, arcwindz said:

Denuvo is incredibly cheap, to the point where the cost is basically a drop in the bucket for the budget of a AAA game.

On 8/6/2016 at 2:01 PM, vorticalbox said:

What i meant was peopel that crack tend to not ever have the intention to pay and the popel that do crack and them pay for it means that when i said "no one really loses" still is correct. Though I understand from a company point of view if you want to use a product you should pay for the product.

I cracked Arma 3 to try it out. Im buying it later now so I can unlock the full game. I just wanted to A see if it would run on my PC, and B see if I enjoyed it

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

18 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I cracked Arma 3 to try it out. Im buying it later now so I can unlock the full game. I just wanted to A see if it would run on my PC, and B see if I enjoyed it

yeah in which case they haven't lost anything. Companies really need to give REAL demos and not one level.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

5 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

yeah in which case they haven't lost anything. Companies really need to give REAL demos and not one level.

Well, it was basically just the included levels because multiplayer didnt work

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

Well, it was basically just the included levels because multiplayer didnt work

yeah but normally demos are like 1 level or 30 mins and no one can get a real feel for the game in that time :/

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I wish Gog had all the games that steam has. I believe the creators of content have a right to be paid. at the same time DRM just hurts me who pays for the content. look at Steam when you have them and Uplay on the same piece of software. Its just a pain in my a@@.

And the exploit has been fixed and doesn't work anymore.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Sounds like something Steam can easily patch out, will be useless in a matter of days.

Not that I care, I bought both these games.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

it was patched

and wasn't patched STEAM side, but Denuvo side

if STEAM was in off-line mode you could be albe to play it until Denuvo reaches time to call home - yes, Denuvo is on a timer

On 2016-08-06 at 1:38 PM, AshleyAshes said:

They'll make it better the next time.  These games have been out for a while and Denuvo has successfully pushed off piracy well past the most profitable early months after a release.

Agreed. As @DXMember said, the point of Denuvo is, and never was, to prevent any possible crack. But rather, to delay the crack long enough that the big sales period after initial release is over.

Something like 90% of copies of a game are bought within the first 3 months (I forget the exact number, but it's staggeringly high).

And this is even better for Denuvo, since the actual DRM was never cracked, but rather, exploits a bug in Steam to bypass the DRM all together. Steam will likely publish a bug-fix within days to correct this exploit, and we'll be back at square one.

On 2016-08-06 at 2:44 PM, Derangel said:

Interesting. As I recall the older versions of Denuvo have workarounds vs actual cracks as well. I would advise against anyone doing this on a Steam account they care about. I rather doubt that Valve is going to sit idly by while Steam is used as part of the work around.

Indeed, I can definitely see Valve going all "banhammer" on anyone who actually uses the exploit.

On 2016-08-06 at 5:56 PM, DXMember said:

the objective was never to be unbreakable, the objective is to secure the initial sales window which it did

plus it seems like denuvo still hasn't been broken, it appears to be steam bug

This!

On 2016-08-07 at 3:10 AM, arcwindz said:

You say it's pointless because most pirates will never buy the game anyway - this is true.

But I humbly disagree. I think there is definite value in preventing someone from accessing something for which they have not paid for. I don't give a shit if they were never going to pay for it to begin with - that entitlement attitude that pirates have (Yes, sometimes it's because of cost or accessibility, but most pirates, especially western ones, simply pirate because they can) is terrible and is plaguing our society in general.

Can't afford something that is a luxury? Sure, no problem. Don't play it. I can't afford a Ferrari (Yes I know, stealing and piracy are different, but both are morally wrong), so I don't go out and steal one. I can't afford it, therefore I live without it.

And it's even worse for those that can afford games, and simply choose not to, because "lol why would I pay for it when I can download it for free?" I mean, there's certain logic in that, but that doesn't make it right.

Personally, I've always felt - especially with gaming - that if the DRM can prevent those who would never buy it anyway from playing, well that's a win. If they suddenly can't get everything for free, maybe they'll buy a game one day.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 minutes ago, Rune said:

I miss when games had demos.

Even Amnesia:DD had a demo.

To be fair, the need for demos has been reduced now that the two biggest platforms support full refund policies (Origin, who pioneered it, and Steam).

GOG.com is the biggest holdout now - they will refund games, but "I didn't like it" is not a valid reason for a refund. They will only refund games if the support team cannot get the game working on your computer.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:16 PM, zMeul said:

the Denuvo protection is still alive and kicking

great news

fighting pirates is a noble cause

It´s official, denuvo has been officialy cracked by Scene group CONSPIR4CY

It as been officialy cracked by Scene 6 moths after the release of the game to the market

The game in question is "Rise of the tomb raider".

What are your thoughts?

Release: Rise.Of.The.Tomb.Raider.READNFO-CONSPIR4CY

Source: http://predb.me/?post=5999157

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrackStatus/comments/4wqoqj/riseofthetombraiderreadnfoconspir4cy/

3 minutes ago, drinkO said:

It´s official, denuvo has been officialy cracked by Scene group CONSPIR4CY

The game in question is "Rise of the tomb raider".

What are your thoughts?

Release: Rise.Of.The.Tomb.Raider.READNFO-CONSPIR4CY

Source: http://predb.me/?post=5999157

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrackStatus/comments/4wqoqj/riseofthetombraiderreadnfoconspir4cy/

Is it only that game? if so then the Denuvo has done its job. stop piracy during the early part of the games release to help not effect sales.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

31 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Is it only that game? if so then the Denuvo has done its job. stop piracy during the early part of the games release to help not effect sales.

It only takes one crack to take out a dam. Their issue was probably just to figure out exactly how it works, now they know.

Lol took them long enough... Can't wait until they release Just Cause 3. I would never give my money to devs that do not value the user experience and use DRM. My first game purchase after I get my own job and can afford to buy games with my own money is gonna be Witcher 3 for sure...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

30 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

There are rumors that they got Doom too

Curing shitposts by shitposts