Denuvo has been successfully cracked

Notree
2 minutes ago, KingKeith55 said:

The big thing is that I think if companies didn't overprice games there would be less pirates. Plain and simple.

But you have 2 or 3 Steam Sales every year. Even DOOM was on sale a few months after being released. If you don't rush through a game it can easily take at least 10 hours to finish (talking about a AAA title, not something like Limbo), that gets you to 6 bucks/hour at full price or way less if you buy the game during a sale.

2 minutes ago, crisro996 said:

But you have 2 or 3 Steam Sales every year. Even DOOM was on sale a few months after being released. If you don't rush through a game it can easily take at least 10 hours to finish (talking about a AAA title, not something like Limbo), that gets you to 6 bucks/hour at full price or way less if you buy the game during a sale.

I honestly wish I didn't even buy DOOM for the full price. Game was dull in my opinion, multiplayer got boring after a few hours, and completed the game very quickly even when looking for little secrets. It was probably me expecting a lot though since I played the first and second DOOM games and I loved them.

To be honest if I only had paid $40 Canadian Dollars I would be happy with the purchase. At that point it would have been worth it.

Most AAA games are the same story, just not worth the huge price tag.

9 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

Is it only that game? if so then the Denuvo has done its job. stop piracy during the early part of the games release to help not effect sales.

piracy doesn't affect sales that much, especially on pc. A poor game affects sales. Look at the sales of first first Tomb Raider and the sales of Rise of The Tomb Raider on pc..

Rise of the Tomb Raider(pc/8 month without piracy) http://www.vgchartz.com/game/82906/rise-of-the-tomb-raider/

Tomb Raider (pc/3 years with about 2+ years of piracy) http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70430/tomb-raider-2013/

Can't always blame piracy for your game not selling on pc...

4 minutes ago, wanpan said:

piracy doesn't affect sales that much, especially on pc. A poor game affects sales. Look at the sales of first first Tomb Raider and the sales of Rise of The Tomb Raider on pc..

Rise of the Tomb Raider(pc/8 month without piracy) http://www.vgchartz.com/game/82906/rise-of-the-tomb-raider/

Tomb Raider (pc/3 years with about 2+ years of piracy) http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70430/tomb-raider-2013/

Can't always blame piracy for your game not selling on pc...

You can't make definitive statements on how much piracy effects sales. It's nowhere near what certain companies in various industries would like people to believe but beyond that it's impossible to make any kind of call on the exact effect.

PS: VGChartz is complete crap. They're not accurate and it's worthless trusting them. For PC games on Steam the only remotely viable option is Steamspy and even that is rather debatable.

You know if developers gave gamers what they want piracy wont be a thing. Look at CDProjekt Red. Almost all who i know who pirated the game on day 1 bought the game too. 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

3 minutes ago, pbenologa said:

You know if developers gave gamers what they want piracy wont be a thing. Look at CDProjekt Red. Almost all who i know who pirated the game on day 1 bought the game too. 

Wrong. There will ALWAYS be piracy. The only way to give pirates what they want would be to make every game free.

9 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Wrong. There will ALWAYS be piracy. The only way to give pirates what they want would be to make every game free.

Yes piracy is there. But having a game where you give all to the users has its benefits. TW3 has no DRM yet CDPR manage to rake in tons of earnings from that title. Did piracy affect the sales? Nope.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

13 minutes ago, pbenologa said:

Yes piracy is there. But having a game where you give all to the users has its benefits. TW3 has no DRM yet CDPR manage to rake in tons of earnings from that title. Did piracy affect the sales? Nope.

The thing with PC gamers are if you treat them with respect and not like criminals; they will usually reward you.  If you treat them like criminals, like putting DRM because you expect them to pirate, than the PC community will in turn pirate just to spite them.

49 minutes ago, pbenologa said:

Of course it did. The game was heavily pirated. They just managed to sell well despite that. It doesn't matter how much a company panders to users there will always be a lot of piracy. DRM is a convenient excuse for people. The big key to converting some pirates has always been offering them a good service. So GOG, Steam, Origin, the platforms that work relatively painlessly and don't usually get in people's way. CDP took an approach of being good to consumer, that's their marketing strategy and they're banking hard on that reputation to sell games. It works, very well. If suing pirates would work, they would do that (and they tried, before getting a ton of backlash from fans). CDP isn't much different than what Valve used to be. A company that is fairly open with people, admits their mistakes, and at least seems to give a damn. However, DRM has never really hurt Steam. They provided something that made piracy less of an attractive option for several reasons. Modern pirates are just people with a bunch of bullshit excuses, pretending they're on some crusade or they're fucking Robin Hood. I liked the old days when pirates actually had the balls to admit why they did it.

7 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

Lol. Check out their website.

LrtbIQK.gif

Ahahahaha!

Not surprising. A lot of their team is supposedly made up of former crackers, so of course they're going to want to open up positions once more break their current version.

I ALWAYS pirate the games I buy unless there isn't a crack. Reason being because I think when I buy a game I own it in perpetuity. For old games I bought in the 80s, 90s, and 00s I can use the floppy or the CD. All I'll ever need is working DOS/Win98/WinXP/Win7 emulation and I can go back and play my old games. But who knows if Steam/Uplay/Origin will exist in 10 years? What if Denuvo is dead in 10 years? How do I play the games I legally purchased then? I hate this subscription model of gaming we're moving into with the death of physical media. I absolutely refuse to buy a game like The Division that requires you to be online 24/7 because it makes the game purchase look like a rental.

I find this funny

Screenshot_20160809-134611.png

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Damn Daniel. Still I'm sure Denuvo won't care because I'm sure they've already got a new version sat there waiting to be sold. That's the irony of this whole situation, Denuvo charge publisher, publisher is happy because it doesn't get cracked for 6 months, Denuvo have 6 months to work on the next version, it gets cracked, Denuvo then start selling the same publishers the next version and make more money, rinse and repeat. 

Denuvo are making money from their software getting cracked. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

21 hours ago, FakezZ said:

Lol took them long enough... Can't wait until they release Just Cause 3. I would never give my money to devs that do not value the user experience and use DRM. My first game purchase after I get my own job and can afford to buy games with my own money is gonna be Witcher 3 for sure...

"I would never give my money to devs that do not value the user experience and use DRM."

I am truly disgusted by you. You're wrong in every way. Thinking that it justifies your way of stealing their product is laughable. As if this is and was the only game you pirated. Because of people like you, things like Denuvo exist.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

19 hours ago, Derangel said:

I don't remember the exact numbers off hand but for a AAA game Denuvo only costs, I think, something like $20-30 grand. That is incredibly cheap. For some publishers, stopping piracy for several months is well wroth that small investment.

is it though. 1 DL != 1 lost sale, in fact 1DL can == 1 sale. i have DLed games that i wouldnt have brought then been that impressed i dropped money on them.

12 hours ago, Derangel said:

again wrong, you seam to think all pirates are cheep, thats really not the case. some pirate because they game isnt availble in there region others simply do it to try the game before shelling out for a game.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

2 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

is it though. 1 DL != 1 lost sale, in fact 1DL can == 1 sale. i have DLed games that i wouldnt have brought then been that impressed i dropped money on them.

again wrong, you seam to think all pirates are cheep, thats really not the case. some pirate because they game isnt availble in there region others simply do it to try the game before shelling out for a game.

Yep I agree, they would likely cut down on piracy a fair bit if more major devs released betas or demos prior to or at launch, there are also those who pirate since they are cheap, or the fact they can get a better product for free due to DRM restrictions, though Derangel is correct in saying there will always be piracy.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 hour ago, jaggysnake57 said:

I know 1 download isn't 1 lost sale, but I'm not a AAA publisher. They have to answer to investors and justify why they are ignoring a solution that is proven to stop piracy for a time. They are also stupidly paranoid and want to control what people do with their game.

I'm not wrong. Pirates ARE cheap and lazy (I really don't consider people downloading games that can't be purchased legally as pirates, even if they technically are). I can't say I've had to play a game to tell if I'd like it since Youtube gameplay videos and LPing started to become a big thing. So the last 7-8ish years. It's a convenient excuse for people though. Back in my teens I had all sorts of stupid excuses for pirating everything. Once I got old enough to think more rationally I realized how stupid those excuses were and how much they were simply being used to attempt to lie to myself so I wouldn't feel bad about pirating.

3 hours ago, Thony said:

I find this funny

Screenshot_20160809-134611.png

The two topics are informing about two different matters: the "Denuvo has been succecfuly cracked" refers to the bypass that VOSKI made, witch was after patched (subject 1). My topic refers to the crack that the scene group released that can´t be patched by denuvo (subject 2).

Diferent topics for diferent subjects. Inform yourself before making dumb posts like this one...

You know I'd be great with Denuvo if it was something that expired in say 1.5-2 years after release so that I'd really feel like I owned the game, that I could come back and play it 5-10 years later. Obviously it's needed in the short term to protect sales but if they removed it after a sufficient time delay (and after 1.5-2 years the games have dropped way down in price anyways) I'd have no second thoughts about Denuvo.

9 minutes ago, drinkO said:

The two topics are informing about two different matters: the "Denuvo has been succecfuly cracked" refers to the bypass that VOSKI made, witch was after patched (subject 1). My topic refers to the crack that the scene group released that can´t be patched by denuvo (subject 2).

Diferent topics for diferent subjects. Inform yourself before making dumb posts like this one...

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. xD I personally found it amusing as well to be honest. It's not every day that someone fixes a bypass and gets their DRM cracked the very next thing.

3 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

You know I'd be great with Denuvo if it was something that expired in say 1.5-2 years after release so that I'd really feel like I owned the game, that I could come back and play it 5-10 years later. Obviously it's needed in the short term to protect sales but if they removed it after a sufficient time delay (and after 1.5-2 years the games have dropped way down in price anyways) I'd have no second thoughts about Denuvo.

What makes you feel you don't own the game? You'll be able to play the game anytime you want, unless of course Steam gets shut down, but that doesn't seem likely.

3 minutes ago, crisro996 said:

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. xD I personally found it amusing as well to be honest. It's not every day that someone fixes a bypass and gets their DRM cracked the very next thing.

What makes you feel you don't own the game? You'll be able to play the game anytime you want, unless of course Steam gets shut down, but that doesn't seem likely.

I think that the other user was insinuating that it was a repost, therefor the response. If not, my bad.

But you´r right, 1 bypass and 1 crack in just a couple of days, after months of only earing crickets... It was a roller coaster on reddit :D 

23 minutes ago, crisro996 said:

Because in five years maybe Denuvo's servers aren't authenticating the game anymore, so I'm screwed if I want to play it then and there is no crack out to disable the check.

there's some more info floating around

the RotTR "crack" is not disabling/removing Denuvo, the protection still runs

the word of mouth is that Denuvo code is incorporated within the game's engine and cannot be removed

5 hours ago, Nomy said:

"I would never give my money to devs that do not value the user experience and use DRM."

I am truly disgusted by you. You're wrong in every way. Thinking that it justifies your way of stealing their product is laughable. As if this is and was the only game you pirated. Because of people like you, things like Denuvo exist.

You are disgusted by me? Of course they are not the only games I have pirated and no it is not a justification. I also pirated Witcher 3 because I could not afford it and I wanted to know if it would run well on my PC, but since they actually give a fuck about the user experience, it is going to be the first game I am going to buy once I get some money left over. No Denuvo does not exist because of people like me, it exists because of the corporate greed that wants to milk every last penny out of every last possible buyer. And tbh, 90% of games I have pirated, I would not have bought anyway so they lost 0 dollars from me. I "stole" their product? Did I take something from somebody? I have never stolen in my life. I just copied a piece of information that was available on the internet. If you find this stealing, then your logic is absolutely laughable. Piracy is NOT stealing ffs. Looks like I am not the one that's wrong in every way. I would love for you to counter my arguments.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)