Denuvo has been successfully cracked

Notree
5 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

is it though. 1 DL != 1 lost sale, in fact 1DL can == 1 sale. i have DLed games that i wouldn't have brought then been that impressed i dropped money on them.

again wrong, you seam to think all pirates are cheep, thats really not the case. some pirate because they game isn't available in there region others simply do it to try the game before shelling out for a game.

great example is Wolfenstein in Germany you cant get the English version since all the Nazi stuff is against the law in games. and there are plenty of other cases were German games are heavily cut. so the only way the play uncut is to pirate.

7 minutes ago, ADM-Ntek said:

great example is Wolfenstein in Germany you cant get the English version since all the Nazi stuff is against the law in games. and there are plenty of other cases were German games are heavily cut. so the only way the play uncut is to pirate.

Didn't they sensor blood in TF2 and change it to springs and cogs? 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I have downloaded RoTR and just benchmarked it. I haven't finished the first reboot, although it's in my Steam Library. I enjoy the phone game on the Nokia N'Gage more than that reboot.
And nothing pulls me towards this game.
I scored 50.75 FPS in the benchmark at 1080p, everything Ultra except textures(set to high due to a VRAM limit notice). I will try it with everything maxed out see how that does. Performance seems nice though.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

25 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

yes but for a silly game like that it is not that bad. in the original half life all the soldiers had to be turned into robots.

6 minutes ago, TorqueS said:

I have downloaded RoTR and just benchmarked it. I haven't finished the first reboot, although it's in my Steam Library. I enjoy the phone game on the Nokia N'Gage more than that reboot.
And nothing pulls me towards this game.
I scored 50.75 FPS in the benchmark at 1080p, everything Ultra except textures(set to high due to a VRAM limit notice). I will try it with everything maxed out see how that does. Performance seems nice though.

i think the reboot was great an i am currently loading ROTR and if it is good i will buy it but not without testing it.

21 minutes ago, ADM-Ntek said:

yes but for a silly game like that it is not that bad. in the original half life all the soldiers had to be turned into robots.

i think the reboot was great an i am currently loading ROTR and if it is good i will buy it but not without testing it.

I didn't say it wasn't good, it's just I don't enjoy playing it, and I don't think I'd enjoy RoTR either.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

20 minutes ago, TorqueS said:

I didn't say it wasn't good, it's just I don't enjoy playing it, and I don't think I'd enjoy RoTR either.

that might be true to each his own. i didn't like the old tomb raider games. for the longest time i completely ignored borderlands just because of the graphic style. but i pirated it out of pure boredom and now borderlands 2 is one of my favorite games. i even got a friend to buy it so me pirating it has sold 2 copies. and since demos are not really a thing anymore with the exception of doom. witch i bought because i had a chance to play/test it.

59 minutes ago, ADM-Ntek said:

It's a great game but I don't think your gpu is up to it if you're using the GTX 560 Ti from your profile. I have to play on high and turn shadows to medium to get 60 fps with my GTX 970.

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

It's a great game but I don't think your gpu is up to it if you're using the GTX 560 Ti from your profile. I have to play on high and turn shadows to medium to get 60 fps with my GTX 970.

i have one of the fastest 98ti´s known to man. but thanks for reminding me to update my profile.

1 hour ago, FakezZ said:

I have never stolen in my life. I just copied a piece of information that was available on the internet. If you find this stealing, then your logic is absolutely laughable. Piracy is NOT stealing ffs.

About that...

Spoiler

Untitled.png

If you are not willing to pay for something then do not use it. Simple as that. Stop trying to justify to yourself that you are doing the right thing, you are not. You want to see if a game will perform well on your PC? Look at some GPU reviews.

Just now, ADM-Ntek said:

i have one of the fastest 98ti´s known to man. but thanks for reminding me to update my profile.

Nice, the game really looks amazing when you can crank the settings. If you liked the previous one this one is excellent too. But I prefer ROTR since I love games set in snowy mountainous areas.

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Yes but I believe it was eventually reverted. You can either enable silly gibs or use Pyrovision to restore the effect.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

15 minutes ago, crisro996 said:

About that...

Hide contents

Untitled.png

If you are not willing to pay for something then do not use it. Simple as that. Stop trying to justify to yourself that you are doing the right thing, you are not. You want to see if a game will perform well on your PC? Look at some GPU reviews.

Do you think there are GPU reviews for my exact system? Besides I never tried to justify myself lol. Piracy is definitely unethical, but I give 0 fucks. I also never said I am doing the right thing. It always comes down to cold hard cash and me not having to constantly ask my parents for it. Wait do you seriously trust that site? It has plagiarism as a synonym ffs. Now let's see what the definition of theft is:  1a :  the act of stealing; specifically :  the felonious taking and removing of personal property with intent to deprive the rightful owner of it

b :  an unlawful taking (as by embezzlement or burglary) of property
Note that it says "with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of it". Now tell me again how piracy is theft.

Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theft

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

I stop pirating the moment G2A became a thing. Cause at least with G2A i know there are high chances of me being the one anally raping EA/Activision/Ubisoft/Squenix

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

This kind of stuff really makes no difference to me. I never, ever pirate games. Why would you? There's plenty of media out there now to make an informed decision before purchasing; YouTube, hundreds of reputable review sites, Twitch, forums. It's not like the old days where you had a two page spread in a magazine (if you bought it) and the back of the box to go on.

If you can't use the internet to gather all the information you need and "need to play the game and then buy it" then you're seriously doing something wrong. If you just don't want to pay for stuff then you're a thief and should be treated as such. 

I'm not the biggest fan of capitalism and I'd argue that most games are overpriced these days, especially when you factor in DLC's, but the long and short is that the market is what it is. You pay if you want it on release or you wait for a sale. You can't get away with stealing a car from a showroom in the first week of sale and then paying later when the price has halved so why should you do it with games?

17 hours ago, Derangel said:

I know 1 download isn't 1 lost sale, but I'm not a AAA publisher. They have to answer to investors and justify why they are ignoring a solution that is proven to stop piracy for a time. They are also stupidly paranoid and want to control what people do with their game.

I'm not wrong. Pirates ARE cheap and lazy (I really don't consider people downloading games that can't be purchased legally as pirates, even if they technically are). I can't say I've had to play a game to tell if I'd like it since Youtube gameplay videos and LPing started to become a big thing. So the last 7-8ish years. It's a convenient excuse for people though. Back in my teens I had all sorts of stupid excuses for pirating everything. Once I got old enough to think more rationally I realized how stupid those excuses were and how much they were simply being used to attempt to lie to myself so I wouldn't feel bad about pirating.

no there not cheep and they are definatly not lazy its harder to pirate than to buy now. you are clearly not listening so why bother trying explain

12 hours ago, FakezZ said:

Piracy is NOT stealing ffs.

wait what?

10 hours ago, FakezZ said:

Note that it says "with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of it". Now tell me again how piracy is theft.

Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theft

your depriving the rightfull owner of the money from the sale of there software thats how it stealing

10 hours ago, crisro996 said:

About that...

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled.png

oh be quiet you keyboard warrior. look at gpu reviews how many 970 reviews feature the divison? how many feature battlefield 1?  

muppet

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

2 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

oh be quiet you keyboard warrior. look at gpu reviews how many 970 reviews feature the divison? how many feature battlefield 1?  

Does this count? :)

Spoiler

a19e91071498413619d2cf5feaa17f08-650-80.

Or this?

Spoiler

High_4K.png

The last graph even shows the guy's 660 Ti. Next time, at least, be more inventive and ask for some older card, not the most used card on Steam. -_-

Edited by crisro996

41 minutes ago, crisro996 said:

Does this count? :)

Reveal hidden contents

a19e91071498413619d2cf5feaa17f08-650-80.

Or this?

Reveal hidden contents

High_4K.png

The last graph even shows the guy's 660 Ti. Next time, at least, be more inventive and ask for some older card, not the most used card on Steam. -_-

both are 4k i dont run 4k id imagine both are on the latest i7 i have an 4th gen i5 and both are NOT 970 reviews therefore neither work for me try again

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

On 06/08/2016 at 6:46 PM, zMeul said:

seriously misleading tile

Denuvo hasn't been cracked at all - they used bypass from the DOOM demo to make Denuvo think it plays the demo

you will still need to log into STEAM and Denuvo will still call home

the Denuvo protection is still alive and kicking 

On 06/08/2016 at 7:17 PM, alexyy said:

No it's been bypassed not cracked, a lot of difference in that. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4wu2l7/denuvo_v3_has_been_cracked_by_cpy_actually/

It HAS been cracked.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

7 hours ago, Daiyus said:

This kind of stuff really makes no difference to me. I never, ever pirate games. Why would you? There's plenty of media out there now to make an informed decision before purchasing; YouTube, hundreds of reputable review sites, Twitch, forums. It's not like the old days where you had a two page spread in a magazine (if you bought it) and the back of the box to go on.

If you can't use the internet to gather all the information you need and "need to play the game and then buy it" then you're seriously doing something wrong. If you just don't want to pay for stuff then you're a thief and should be treated as such. 

I'm not the biggest fan of capitalism and I'd argue that most games are overpriced these days, especially when you factor in DLC's, but the long and short is that the market is what it is. You pay if you want it on release or you wait for a sale. You can't get away with stealing a car from a showroom in the first week of sale and then paying later when the price has halved so why should you do it with games?

I 100% agree with this

I will add the only time I would personally deem it..."moraly acceptable" is if a piece of content is 100% not legitimately available in your country, eg censorship or some other strange factors that prevent you from buying the game 
I would also argue, in countries without regional pricing, if the price of the game is the equivalent to a months wages

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

6 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

wait what?

your depriving the rightfull owner of the money from the sale of there software thats how it stealing

Oh come on... Do we need to talk about this for the billionth time to be understood? 1 pirated download != 1 lost sale ffs. 90% of the games I have pirated are sitting on my HDD collecting virtual fucking dust. I would not have bought them anyway. Also buying a used game is depriving the rightful owner from the money from the sale. Is that stealing as well?

8 hours ago, Daiyus said:

I don't think games are that expensive, though I often skip DLCs. I really disagree with your car analogy though. Pirating isn't like stealing a car from a showroom, it's like having a magic box that can make an exact copy of your neighbor's car if he lets you.

3 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

Oh come on... Do we need to talk about this for the billionth time to be understood? 1 pirated download != 1 lost sale ffs. 90% of the games I have pirated are sitting on my HDD collecting virtual fucking dust. I would not have bought them anyway. Also buying a used game is depriving the rightful owner from the money from the sale. Is that stealing as well?

If you weren't going to buy them anyway, why did you download them? I have bought albums moves and games that I did not like, doesnt mean I should get them free just because its not my thing

Used games I dont agree with personally, because as you say, the original person doesnt see a penny, 

They are pretty "grey" areas, lets be honest!!

Piracy is not a black and white issue, hence why some companies are like "we dont really care, just play it, buy it later if you enjoy it" and some are like "please dont pirate"

really though, at the end of the day

People should be paying for media they consume, otherwise nobody will be able to afford to make it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I don't think games are that expensive, though I often skip DLCs. I really disagree with your car analogy though. Pirating isn't like stealing a car from a showroom, it's like having a magic box that can make an exact copy of your neighbor's car if he lets you.

That last part is 100% wrong. If he let you magically copy it, it wouldn't be piracy anymore. It be a fully legal authorized copy.

Your analogy is more akin to the Developers/Publisher giving you permission to copy it for free.

5 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

The difference here is that when you buy a used game, you're buying a physical medium. THAT physical piece of plastic is what you are buying, not a game license (Hence you could sell someone a physical disc for a game, but if the license key is already in use, it would be useless).

Physical item resale is a protected right in the US (and some other countries), but that right does not extend to digital goods, since the entire concept becomes muddled. You can't "sell" a digital copy of a game, because that makes no sense.

The whole point about selling a used game, is that they have to deal with the fact that the physical disc was used, might not be in as good of shape as a new copy, might be missing materials or the case, might have scratches, etc.

So no, buying a used (physical) game is not stealing.

Obviously everyone understands that it's not a 1:1 ratio of piracy to lost sales.

I still fundamentally disagree with pirating games though. There's just no need to in the modern society that we live in. You've got thousands of LP'ers and Games Reviewers who will show off the gameplay, analyze the mechanics, etc, and give you a pretty good understanding of the performance on your hardware (You can also go on any one of the numerous forums and find someone with your exact config that has played the game).

Furthermore, the thing that makes pirating a game to "try it out" most irrelevant now, is the Full Refund policy that both Origin and Steam now offers. Try the game out yourself. See how it runs, if you like it. And if you don't? Get your money back.

Seriously, this is like, how 99% of things work that you buy physically anyway. Yeah sometimes a store has a demo unit on display, but more than likely it's just a plastic shell and doesn't actually fully function. More often then not, you just see a box of the product you want, and it's up to the buyer to buy it, try it out, and return it if it's not suitable.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

If you weren't going to buy them anyway, why did you download them? I have bought albums moves and games that I did not like, doesnt mean I should get them free just because its not my thing

Used games I dont agree with personally, because as you say, the original person doesnt see a penny, 

They are pretty "grey" areas, lets be honest!!

Piracy is not a black and white issue, hence why some companies are like "we dont really care, just play it, buy it later if you enjoy it" and some are like "please dont pirate"

really though, at the end of the day

People should be paying for media they consume, otherwise nobody will be able to afford to make it

Wow this is probably the first rational quote I have seen in this damn thread. THANK YOU. Of course piracy is a gray area, I never said it is legal and I specifically said it is unethical and it makes me kind of an ass. It just is not stealing, by the damn definition. I downloaded them because they looked cool, but they ended up sucking big time. So pirating them saved me from making a useless purchase. I didn't know I wouldn't enjoy them in the first place, I went with the logic "free games yahhh". The only games I have pirated and feel I should give back to the devs because I actually enjoyed them are TW3, kerbal space program, Game dev tycoon and Democracy 3.The rest are just junk I keep on my HDD because it is 4TB and I want to lie to myself to justify the absurd capacity and the money I paid xD About the last thing now. We live in a capitalist world. Companies are only out there for the money and don't care about anything else. So if I can actually get free entertainment, why should I not do it? If they had the means of getting sales by doing nothing would they not do it? Oh wait they actually do. *cough* CoD *cough* ;)

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That last part is 100% wrong. If he let you magically copy it, it wouldn't be piracy anymore. It be a fully legal authorized copy.

Your analogy is more akin to the Developers/Publisher giving you permission to copy it for free.

Not really. I'm not going to the Toyota plant to copy a Camry. I'd be copying my neighbor's. Not that I'm against Denuvo, I think it would be a win/win if Denuvo was used to secure sales for say the first two years of a game and then after that it's patched out. That way the publisher gets the money it's rightfully owed (and I think $60 a game is reasonable most of the time) in the period where the vast majority of sales happen and then in the future I still own it and am not depending on what will be an outdated and probably defunct authentication service to access the game I purchased.