Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

4 hours ago, Strider890 said:

BTW delete the shader cache and shut it down.

How to delete shader cache?

This sounds like a possible solution as newly installed games caused the problem to appear again (at least for me)!

I have built 4 new PCs since this happend and also bought a pre built rig,  all have these issues and it has nothing to do with any faulty components whatsoever..

I tested Division 2 and AC Odyssey on 7 different computers. All of them has this flickering issue. It can't be hardware issue. Just can't.

Changing TAA value from 3 to 1 in Division 2 ini file greatly reduced flickering lights and shadows. There are still some flickering here and there, but at least it's not that distracting right now.

Sadly, this trick didn't work in AC Odyssey. If I disable AA in game flickering on objects is gone but then shadows start to flicker. If one problem solved, another appears.

Conclusion: there must be something wrong with aliasing. Maybe in settings, maybe in BIOS or maybe something else. But what... I do not know. That is a mystery of the universe.

1 hour ago, Strider890 said:

I had this problem a few years ago but I solved it by buying another computer. I bought a GTX 1060 graphic last year and this "problem" again appeared. I returned the graphic to the reclamation and in the service they told me that the graphic works properly. Now I changed the CPU, MB and RAM, but there is still an old PSU, and the problem is still there. I think the PSU is a problem. Now, I will test in the PC service another power supply for a couple days so I will tell you if the  PSU is a problem.

That’s all fine and dandy but as I stated in my last post I built 4 “brand new computers” with all differing “brand new components”,  that includes 4 different PSU’s.  I also tested a pre built computer as well,  no difference,  same old problems.

I posted earlier that I tested Shadow’s streaming service and it still has the same low draw distance and texture issues as my own PC’s which is weird because all shadow is doing is giving you control of one of their rigs/servers and that’s it,  It’s not like Stadia,  you have access to the whole PC.  

I am completely confused as to why streaming would still give me the same issues.

I installed and played "Assassin's Creed Odyssey" and guess what...it's back!

Reverted to shitty graphics...

4 hours ago, Bearhugger said:

I installed and played "Assassin's Creed Odyssey" and guess what...it's back!

Reverted to shitty graphics...

Similar flickering like mine or something different?

1 hour ago, Strider890 said:

BTW on the old PC when I first saw a bad texture, trigger was the new graphics driver from Nvidia.I had the 8600GT.

Mine started with a 1080Ti.

21 hours ago, Asasinas said:

Similar flickering like mine or something different?

Much worse. As I stated somewhere before:

- Less polygons

- some kind of blur filter

- everything is blurry

- texture flickering

- characters and the world look "flat"

and lots of other stuff.

In short: graphics turn from great to trash in an instant (look like Playstation 2 graphics...)

Anyone have these extreme shaking/moving/dancing shadows in Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

2 hours ago, Asasinas said:

Anyone have these extreme shaking/moving/dancing shadows in Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

That is low res shadowing, and looks pretty normal to me.  I have yet to see any game that has shadowing without that problem on some level.

4 hours ago, Asasinas said:

I don't have Kingdom come but in GTA V mine is something else the shadows shimmer/flicker like crazy and it mostly depends on some kind of movement. Similarly the flickering/shimmering AA depends on movement of some kind. Everything away seem blurred in my case and very low lod with texture pop in very close etc. I wish i knew how to upload to youtube with such clarity. Your's seem something else

Am I going crazy?

I just noticed these extreme jaggy edges/flickering/shimmering when moving after +500 hours of play.

Please tell me this is normal, overwise I'm gonna throw my computer of a balcony :D Destiny 2 is my most played and important game, how I haven't noticed this before?  Maybe this flickering was there all the time. I dunno.

Tried to change AA settings in game (SMAA and FXAA), tried to turn it off, tried AF settings, tried DSR and scaling (both in game and in NVCP) and these jaggies are still there no matter what.

@Asasinas I used to have that much in Destiny 2 in my old house and they were not as bad as what i have right now after moving to my new house. But destiny 2 has it for some people i think. I wish i had these instead of what i have now. Although it is similar to mine but mine is 10 times worse. I am working on trying to upload to youtube without losing quality. I will also upload same scenes in Destiny 2. Can you please share what software you use for encoding? I encoded a video with HandBrake but results are not what i wanted maybe i didn't select the proper settings. 

Edit: It's possible that your's starting and is not at a stage where my pc at. All i know is that it's much worse for me.

This is what i have. There is also blur in my monitor, it is possible you won't see some other issues

Well, yeah, you have same jagginess like me. But maybe it's normal? I can see it in every single Destiny 2 video.

Just random Destiny 2 video

You can clearly see jaggies/flickering at 2:40 for example. Or just anywhere you look.

But if this is normal, why I only spotted it now?

For recording I use Nvidia shadowplay. Easy to use and not taxing system resources.

I think but i am not sure i had that much when i was in old house. Back then i knew it. However after moving to new house everything changed and i don't know if you can see in my videos that mine is 10 times worse and also have other issues now which were not there before like low lod, everything away from me seems blurry etc. I'll try uploading GTA V to youtube where it's much worse as GTA has vast array of lighting.

The most weird part about all this flickering issue is that it happens on all 7 computers I tried. I would understand that it's hardware issue if 1, ok 2 computers have it, but all 7? They can't be all broken. Also, another weird thing is that it doesn't happen in all games. Right now the biggest problems for me are Division 2 and AC Odyssey. And Destiny 2 if it counts as issue. Other games such as Total War: Warhammer 2, Civilisation 6, Frostpunk works fine. I also finished Metro Exodus not long ago. That game is very beautiful. And I didn't encountered any issues.

Since I tried on PCs with different video cards, also integrated graphics, this makes me think it's not a GPU or drivers issue.

Also, tried on both Windows 10 and Windows 7, so probably not OS issue too. Tried clean boot, so there shouldn't be any app conflicts.

Virus? Don't think so. I have Kaspersky antivirus on my main PC. Overall, I'm very careful person. And the last serious virus issue was +10 years ago.

PSU or electricity? I dunno. Tried different outlets, different PC on different city, also laptop on battery, flickering was still there. So probably not a PSU or power issue.

Monitor? Nah. Tried 2 monitors, HDMI and DVI cables, different hz and res, same crap.

Motherboard? I dunno. Maybe there is some hidden setting in BIOS or something? Everything everywhere seems to be at default settings, I never Oc'ed anything.

RAM? Seems ok. But haven't had time to test them with memtest.

Temps? All ok. So not a heating issue.

SSD/HDD? Well, tried to reinstall on different drives, same crap. Broken drive would probably give BSOD's and I never had them in past 5 years or so.

Conclusion: I know that I know nothing.

Hello fellow sufferers!

You will be pleased to learn that this issue occurs on Ryzen systems as well :)
I have a video:

This issue suddenly appeared yesterday on my brand new Ryzen 5 2600 + RX580 system. I reported it to AMD.

Also, I had this issue 10 years ago on Crysis, Need For Speed: Pro Street, GTA IV etc., so it's nothing new and obviously will never be fixed.

3 hours ago, Strider890 said:

What array of lighting?Describe them.

What i meant was more lighting than other games. Seems like this issue gets worse during daytime in game when there are more shadows and lighting.

3 hours ago, DaoNayt said:

Hello fellow sufferers!

You will be pleased to learn that this issue occurs on Ryzen systems as well :)
I have a video:

This issue suddenly appeared yesterday on my brand new Ryzen 5 2600 + RX580 system. I reported it to AMD.

Also, I had this issue 10 years ago on Crysis, Need For Speed: Pro Street, GTA IV etc., so it's nothing new and obviously will never be fixed.

I have similar intensity of this flickering AA. Also i can see in your video the blurriness in the distance. I think we have same case.

Yes, those ship masts in the harbor look hideous...
Check out this photo as well.

2019.03.30-19.20_01_LI.jpg

Basically I wasted $1000 for a new computer.

Assassin's Creed 3: Remastered?

I'll try it out in the next few days.

What AA settings does it have?

Its the OG game, not remaster. AA is set on High. Very High doesn't make it any better.

Interesting finding. I'll use this as example:

https://www.pcgamer.com/watch-the-first-gameplay-trailer-for-borderlands-3/

If I watch this video in Pcgamer, I see jaggies/object flickering because of camera movement, 100% identical just like those in Destiny 2. For example in the video at 1:38 I see this flickering on buildings when character is running towards them. It's like there is no AA at all. But, if I go directly to youtube and watch video there, video is completely fine. And, it seems, this problem is only occurs on Chrome.

Hmmm. Maybe this is somehow related to... I don't know... fullscreen or it's scaling/optimizations? Or something like that? I dunno. I tried to disable fullscreen optimizations in games, also play around with dpi settings, there was no difference.

For some reason I cant watch the trailer in HD on PCGamer. It plays on auto 360p. I click on 1080p and nothing happens.

Since you mention Borderlands, BL2 still looks good for me, somehow. Maybe it doesnt use the shaders or whatever that are susceptible to this issue? Apparently, BL2 is getting a 4K texture pack and a graphics update next week. Imma try it and see if it breaks the rendering.

More screenshots. Look at the center region of the closeup photo (make sure its not resized). No AA whatsoever. This entire building looks absolutely disgusting. You can't tell me this is normal for 2019.

2019.03.30-23.12_01.png

2019.03.30-23.21.png