Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

Any solution? I've had this problem since the computer gave me a blue screen I had to change the ram memory because a slot burned out and I changed the ssd and there on the test bench I put another gpu too... and since now images with horrible distance, pixelated reflections ...

aa.png

On 8/30/2023 at 1:58 AM, Mclovin223 said:

Any solution? I've had this problem since the computer gave me a blue screen I had to change the ram memory because a slot burned out and I changed the ssd and there on the test bench I put another gpu too... and since now images with horrible distance, pixelated reflections ...

aa.png

Interesting. I assume you switched out the motherboard?

No solution as far as I know. One thing that's been in my mind for some time now is the motherboard's power delivery and a burned out RAM slot would definitely point in that direction. I have tried switching to an old motherboard I had from my previous system and it did not solve anything. I would try a brand new one, but I don't have the time. Of course, if you replaced your motherboard with a new one, that theory goes down the drain.

By the way, for anyone wondering about higher resolution monitor to mitigate this issue, it will just make it more obvious. Tried a 1440p (as opposed to my trusty 1080p) and it was even worse, even when downscaling from 4k and even 8k, which isn't viable performance-wise anyway.

Long time no see, Hi everyone, I've put this thing on the back of my mind, but I've had some thoughts lately, do any of you use CRT monitors? I've heard that CRT monitors have built-in anti-aliasing, unfortunately I haven't used it. Someone told me that CRT monitors are transmitted directly through analog signals, so they have anti-aliasing effects. The HDMI and DP used today are all transmitted through digital signals and then converted into analog signals. This process is distorted, so aliasing will occur, and our equipment is subject to some kind of interference, causing problems during this conversion process. question. This is just speculation on my part, by the way, has anyone used the Marseille mCable Gaming Edition and is it effective in reducing aliasing flicker?

5 hours ago, TImo volk said:

Long time no see, Hi everyone, I've put this thing on the back of my mind, but I've had some thoughts lately, do any of you use CRT monitors? I've heard that CRT monitors have built-in anti-aliasing, unfortunately I haven't used it. Someone told me that CRT monitors are transmitted directly through analog signals, so they have anti-aliasing effects. The HDMI and DP used today are all transmitted through digital signals and then converted into analog signals. This process is distorted, so aliasing will occur, and our equipment is subject to some kind of interference, causing problems during this conversion process. question. This is just speculation on my part, by the way, has anyone used the Marseille mCable Gaming Edition and is it effective in reducing aliasing flicker?

The issue with this is that CRT monitors do not use pixels the same way as modern LCDs. CRT would be useless in most use cases today, particularly gaming. mCable introduces quite a bit of blur, but would mitigate shimmering and aliasing, that is true. Never used it myself as it impacts overall image quality greatly.

• 1 month later...

I've been suffering from the issue since I plugged my new Rtx 2060 in. My last card was a gtx 1070 and it didn't have that issue at all. I was completely annoyed at that time when I was playing some of the games. I'm including a video of Hitman 3 where you can see that the texture of the roof is completely gone out of control and it was shimmering and flickering all over the texture. No matter what settings I play with, it didn't resolve the issue. I've seen a lot of gameplay on YouTube and surprisingly, they didn't have the issue at all which really makes me to get a new system. 

One thing :- I've done everything possible to eliminate this issue but I failed. Even running the game from IGPU [i5 12400] didn't solve the problem. I completely swapped my system. The only thing that remained from my older system is the monitor, hard drives, and the peripherals. 

Link :-

I'm very sorry for the absolute shitty quality. The footage is from 1 year ago, and I downloaded it from Facebook which really compressed the video.

On 09/10/2023 at 07:23, Harryson002 said:

Tenho sofrido com o problema desde que conectei meu novo Rtx 2060. Minha última placa foi uma GTX 1070 e não tinha esse problema. Fiquei completamente irritado naquele momento quando estava jogando alguns jogos. Estou incluindo um vídeo de Hitman 3 onde você pode ver que a textura do telhado está completamente fora de controle e brilhava e tremeluzia por toda a textura. Não importa com quais configurações eu jogue, isso não resolveu o problema. Já vi muitos jogos no YouTube e, surpreendentemente, eles não tiveram nenhum problema, o que realmente me levou a adquirir um novo sistema. 

Uma coisa: - Fiz todo o possível para eliminar esse problema, mas falhei. Mesmo rodar o jogo no IGPU [i5 12400] não resolveu o problema. Troquei completamente meu sistema. A única coisa que restou do meu sistema antigo foi o monitor, os discos rígidos e os periféricos. 

Ligação  :-

Sinto muito pela qualidade absolutamente horrível. A filmagem é de 1 ano atrás, e eu baixei do Facebook que realmente comprimiu o vídeo.

cara, mesmo você trocando seu computador por completo ocorre esses artefatos? será q pode ser algo ligado a eletrecidade da casa?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, i suspect there are two boot drives, which is why you are presented with that option at start up. While I'm not suggesting this is the reason for the AA issue, it is something I would want to fix.

I'd say that when you got the new drive, you put it in and installed windows while the other drive was still connected? This means your bios will always look for a boot record, and will see it on both drives. Hence the choice.

Ideally you will have to re-install windows to the ssd, but disconnect the other drive before the install. This will install the boot manager record for the new installation onto the SSD only. Then when the install is done you can reconnect the other drive, and use it again.

It might be worth using DDU to un-install the GPU driver (you do this in safe mode), then re-install GPU driver doing a clean install.

Let us know how that goes.

I find this somewhere another guy was complaining about the AA issue, worth to try, can your guys test it at least and see if works?

On 10/19/2023 at 11:26 AM, viclamota said:

Okay, i suspect there are two boot drives, which is why you are presented with that option at start up. While I'm not suggesting this is the reason for the AA issue, it is something I would want to fix.

I'd say that when you got the new drive, you put it in and installed windows while the other drive was still connected? This means your bios will always look for a boot record, and will see it on both drives. Hence the choice.

Ideally you will have to re-install windows to the ssd, but disconnect the other drive before the install. This will install the boot manager record for the new installation onto the SSD only. Then when the install is done you can reconnect the other drive, and use it again.

It might be worth using DDU to un-install the GPU driver (you do this in safe mode), then re-install GPU driver doing a clean install.

I find this somewhere another guy was complaining about the AA issue, worth to try, can your guys test it at least and see if works?

I tried this. Nothing.

1 hour ago, Thomas1296 said:

I tried this. Nothing.

thx for trying, i'm still with this problem for like almost two years now it really sucks =/

On 10/19/2023 at 5:26 PM, viclamota said:

Dude, I must say, software can induce some tiny current/magnetic field changes, but it has nothing to do with software

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, pretty late response, i’ve had this issue where i’ve had mouse delay since 2019 due to electricity/EMI. In 2022 k went to a lan at my friends house which fixed everything, everything felt so snappy and smooth but of early 2023 i started to see those pop ins and so on and after that the issues didnt fix by moving, the only fix is to change apartment and change every components sadly. I’ll give all a thumbs up for people who have these issues

• 2 weeks later...

It's been almost five years since I have this issue. I won't be doing yearly recap posts anymore. Because pretty much nothing has changed since the last year. I got a new PC back in june of this year, but the issue were still present.

All these jaggies, shimmering and other problems doesn't bother me that much anymore, as my mind kinda partially accepted it as a normal thing now.

If I ever find a solution, I'll let you know.

This thread is reassuring to find, in a way, after discovering I have this problem. Was somehow hard to find though.

I don't have a very sharp eye so I can't comment on the other issues, but I started getting absolutely crazy amounts of pop-in / bad draw distance in games.

Discovered it in Cyberpunk 2077. I also tried replaying Elden Ring after 3 months and the pop-in is now insane. Also tested GTA 5 and RDR 2 (the latter one is not nearly as bad somehow).

I don't know if I can give credit to the electricity theory but there is a correlation in my case. An intervention was made a few months ago to increase the elec output in my household. I think it was the summer, I started noticing problems in October.

I don't know if it's related to this issue but I also often get black flashes on my screen while browsing the web, would that also suggest an elec/magn interference ?

Just hypothesis after reading of course, not sure about anything at this point.

black screens while browsing in Chrome are normal for drivers issue, thats not related to the problem.. but pop-in's and bad draw distance as well as the shimmering are FOR SURE 'the problem'

😞

On 12/25/2020 at 2:14 AM, VenoXj1 said:

Okay guys, I found this thread with 150 pages and I think it's related to my issue or pretty much is what I'm getting. I freshly bought my 3080 paired with a MSI X570 Meg ACE and a Ryzen 9 5900x. First I got my hands on the 3080 Tuf OC which I then moved into my old PC which was an Intel 6700k and some old MSI board which I don't recall the name of. Issues started from there and I had really bad LOD issues where everything from shadows, lights, texture and even entire objects were popping on right infront of me. So has there been any fix for such problems? I pretty much got details on it by randomly googling which had me worrying really bad. I will attach the screens I took from people who apparently could nail it down and fixed it. I will also join you guys in discord and try my luck there but I'm actually starting to lose hope from now on. 

The first one being: 

toll.thumb.png.5865b870d2515c21f16c463bf3cdccfb.png

Second one: 

toll2.thumb.png.fbd2a84d83848d1ae633f55a90a9557f.png

What do you guys think of that? I just paid big money for my parts and I can't really just go out and buy everything new which people are suggesting. I also hardly doubt it's power related since I live here for like 7 years now I think and in 7 years never had that issue with my old setup: 6700k+980 Ti but as soon I changed my gpu to a 3080 it started happening even when I swapped my 6700k to a 5900x and I also tried putting in my old 980 Ti paired with the 5900x and the issue didn't go away. So whatever combination I tried it didn't work.

I haven't seen this post quoted a lot but it seems like the most plausible answer, right ?

For people that have the same problems on different pc's, something is damaging their northbridge everytime perhaps.

I haven't been able to find the orignal posts on Google however, would be nice to find them if the discussion had developped there to get more information

On 12/3/2023 at 8:34 PM, TheMartini said:

I haven't seen this post quoted a lot but it seems like the most plausible answer, right ?

For people that have the same problems on different pc's, something is damaging their northbridge everytime perhaps.

I haven't been able to find the orignal posts on Google however, would be nice to find them if the discussion had developped there to get more information

Not being confrontational or anything, but how could the northbridge cause such specific features such as LOD and anti-aliasing to malfunction? I do believe the problem is in the power delivery system, so VRM would be the most logical suspect, affecting the memory which could cause all kinds of artifacts.

Also, northbridge doesn't really function in the same way as it used to. Nowadays, its functions have been integrated to the CPU basically. Then again, that would explain why some CPUs are more prone to having this issue than others (the "Ryzen immunity").

Who knows. Unless there is someone with the knowledge, the resources, and the capacity to do some in-depth testing to recreate the issue with different hardware combinations (ehm, ehm, LTT), we will never know.

Hey ive got this same problem too, terrible LOD and texture pop in while playing any game... I previously had an MSI 4070ti in this system with no problems. I switched it to a Gigabyte 4080 about 2 weeks ago and now all my games look like shit. The problem took about a week to develop. 4080 was working fine up until then. All games installed on m2 2280 ssd's

32gb G.Skill DDR4 3200

GIGABYTE GAMING OC 4080

EVGA 850W PSU

I have had the same problem for 1 month, all the games seem to not have Antialiasing and the fps are not stable, before this started happening I could play with great graphic quality and with totally stable fps, but now I always have this problem every time I play (sorry, I used google translate)image.thumb.png.3de33f8d38553290506ff98ec4755e75.pngimage.thumb.png.37bfc8f4c5da1811bbc0ccb011ed30dd.png

Guys if you buy a new PC don't use an UPS, that's just a battery. Use an AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator) the goal of this device is to mantain a stable current.

• 2 weeks later...

Having this problem on arch Linux on a totally different machine now(laptop with RTX 4060). Running off battery. Electricity almost certainly is not the issue. Nor is windows.

On 1/2/2024 at 9:47 PM, Colonizor48 said:

Having this problem on arch Linux on a totally different machine now(laptop with RTX 4060). Running off battery. Electricity almost certainly is not the issue. Nor is windows.

But have you charged it at least once in your house ?

Welcome to 2024, folks!

I borrowed a friend's power station 2 days ago to run my PC,
Have the same problem
It just makes my hair fall out, I don't know if our PC is damaged, maybe some voltage or static messed up some of the underlying logic of the motherboard or GPU, I guess they're pretty fragile, HMM
I unplugged the power station and stress-tested my PC for 9 hours (CPU,GPU,RAM) and everything was fine! But there are also a lot of people who get it after a power outage or after BSOD, so I guess electricity plays a role in some way

Hello everyone, I am not good at English, I am using a translator.

I built a PC four years ago and was ready to enjoy my gaming time, but, you know, like everyone on the forum, I encountered this problem where it would permanently damage and infect. It sounded scary and hopeless, and I couldn't stand this kind of graphics. I sold it after using it for six months.

One year later, I bought a PS4, and when I started it up, I was already prepared with the same graphics as a PC, but guess what the result was. The graphics quality of the PS4 was normal and clean. During this time, my brother lived with me for a year with his laptop and ns, and there was no problem with both. During these three years, I completed many games.

My newly built computer has encountered this problem again recently, but I am no longer so desperate. What I mean is that the impact will disappear. My guess is to remove the problematic PC/laptop/ns/ps/from your house (yes, you can keep all the appliances such as mobile phones, TV monitors, headphones, etc.)

After one year, your newly purchased device will not be affected, and the graphics will be normal

This solution is not scientific, right? But the problem itself is quite absurd, so why not give it a try?

HI

I purchased a gaming PC some time ago and it has always worked perfectly but recently I have noticed something unpleasant during gaming sessions: the shadows are pixelated and there is a noticeable amount of flickering that is decidedly annoying. To try to resolve it, I downgraded the drivers but it didn't work. I also tried to do a DDU. I updated the motherboard BIOS but nothing. The temperatures are normal both in IDLE and full Throttle however, as per the screenshot I noticed that the reading of the voltages of the connectors apparently seems ambiguous however in terms of stability I have not encountered any problems at all, never BSOD, never slowdowns, nothing that suggests a hardware problem, my config is the following:

I7 12700KF (Liquid heatsink with two fans)
Power supply AZZA 750w Gold
MSI Z690-Pro
RTX 3080 Gainward 10gb (drivers 546.33 currently installed)
32GB RAM DDR4 3200 with active profile
1tb ssd nvme ADATA
1tb ssd nvme Crucial
Acer 1080p max 75hz refresh vsync monitor

I also tried changing the HDMI cable to the monitor with 0 results I'm absolutely sure it didn't have this problem a while ago and it came out suddenly. Unfortunately I have no possibility of testing another VGA or using the RTX on another PC.

What else can I do to try to solve this annoying problem?

Thank you all for your cooperation

EDIT: i have tried to use 0.5 refresh rate on the sensors and i dont have anymore strange readings

kenshi.png

warframe.png

temp2.gif

temps.gif

On 1/2/2024 at 4:47 PM, Colonizor48 said:

Update, poking around with some linux crap, turns out I was using my intel IGPU instead of the NVIDIA one, I still notice the issue, but it's barely noticeable with Antisropic filtering and 16x AA. I have charged it in my house, but the battery should have "purrrified" any dirty electricity.