Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

On 3/13/2017 at 8:54 AM, LexLoneWolf said:

Well yes, this seems to be software related, but to be honest, how can this happen on consoles too? changing all the pc components, with a completely different rig and still the same? if it's software related, this should affect  A LOT of people, and this problem has been known for years, so, why the developers haven't fixed it yet?

We already know that the problem is something messing up with the 3D rendering API's, but still don't know what causes that in the first place.

When I sent my pc to fix it, they replaced my gpu and they told me everything worked correctly but when I tested in my house, surprise! besides, they have replaced 2 gpu's so, once it's ''infected'' doesn't matter whatever you change on your PC it will happen everytime.

Also I did notice that the backplate of the gpu was electrified even with the PSU switched off, so I did measurements on the wall sockets, And I got like 4-6 Volts between the neutral and ground, and one of the sockets has the ground wire cutted and it's oscillating between 50-70 Volts, not normal at all, so I still think it might be an electrical problem.

it's worth investigating

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody. After 2 years I solved this problem. My graphics are flawless as before, you can see it below. Since I don't have a game archive for now, I quickly downloaded GTA San Andreas.

I was using Sapphire RX 470 Nitro 4 GB 256 Bit 2 years ago and my graphics were like this but one day I formatted my PC and anti-aliasing stopped working. I tried everything but nothing worked. Then I sold my graphic card and I used my PC without a graphic card for 2 years. A few days ago I bought a second hand Gigabyte Aorus RX 570 4 GB 256 Bit and this problem has been solved. Nothing changed when I formatted the PC, the graphics are still great. 

Also, many people said that we were obsessed, that the graphics looked normal. I hope they have a better understanding of what seems normal now. This is exactly how anti-aliasing should work: 

1.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

I don't know if the problem it's related, but i'm one of those who suffer from this shimmering/jagged problem, the only difference it's that i have a extra problem, so i wanted to leave it, so you can judge if it's related or not:

i'm not in the mood to describe that I have tried everything to fix it, just believe it i have suffered the web for weeks reading, but my best monitor it's being detected as monitor #2 when going on multiple monitors, and it changed overnight.

(Note that this happened AFTER Shimmering / Jagger started to happen)

that causes a little problem with DSR not being able to apply on my main monitor without some tricks

that's why i was thinking it was something with my GPU VBIOS, I'm tempted to reflash de VBIOS, but i'm so scared to mess it up.

Now that i see that i'm not the only one with this problem, i wanted to share because i think the problem it's related

NVIDIA Control Panel.jpg

Happened yesterday after I woke up my PC from sleep.

A reboot fixed it though. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

18 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Happened yesterday after I woke up my PC from sleep.

A reboot fixed it though. 

So the problem occurred for a short time? Interesting, I don't think I've ever heard of this before. By the way, those who have this problem can try this solution method but I'm not sure it will work:

Remove your graphic card completely from your motherboard and switch to onboard graphic card if you have an onboard graphic card. After that, reset your BIOS and reinstall Windows, but don't forget to format the disk completely during installation. When the installation is complete, Windows will download the driver for your onboard graphic card. This requires internet. When everything is done, put your graphic card back on the motherboard after a few hours of PC use. Then download the latest driver for your graphic card and uninstall the old driver with ''Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)'' before installing it. Restart your PC, install the driver you downloaded and restart your PC.

I hope this will solve your problem. I think everyone should try it at least once.

On 4/28/2023 at 8:43 PM, kannadivinorum said:

I don't know if the problem it's related, but i'm one of those who suffer from this shimmering/jagged problem, the only difference it's that i have a extra problem, so i wanted to leave it, so you can judge if it's related or not:

i'm not in the mood to describe that I have tried everything to fix it, just believe it i have suffered the web for weeks reading, but my best monitor it's being detected as monitor #2 when going on multiple monitors, and it changed overnight.

(Note that this happened AFTER Shimmering / Jagger started to happen)

that causes a little problem with DSR not being able to apply on my main monitor without some tricks

that's why i was thinking it was something with my GPU VBIOS, I'm tempted to reflash de VBIOS, but i'm so scared to mess it up.

Now that i see that i'm not the only one with this problem, i wanted to share because i think the problem it's related

NVIDIA Control Panel.jpg

I think you are onto something 

• 1 month later...

Finally got a new PC. Jaggies are still present, nothing changed. My GPU from previous PC was dying, and the PC had some other issues, so jaggies wasn't the reason why I bought a new computer. 

Just a friendly reminder that buying a new hardware doesn't fix this issue.

And in case you were wondering about my PC parts, it's best of the best. 

Motherboard: Gigabyte z790 Aorus Master
Processor: Intel Core i9-13900K
Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB
Power Supply: Corsair RM1200x Shift
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 RGB
CPU cooler: Corsair ICUE H150i Elite LCD XT
SSD: WD_BLACK SN850X 2TB

Paid 4200$ for this build. Well, at least now I can crank up DSR to insane levels 😄

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to take this phenomenon as my psychological effect and started playing, until I encountered the problem shown in the video, which if it's not a equipment problem, means I'm suffering from cyberpsychosis

(excuse my English).

https://b23.tv/XcksEQl

4 minutes ago, JoJoMew said:

I tried to take this phenomenon as my psychological effect and started playing, until I encountered the problem shown in the video, which if it's not a equipment problem, means I'm suffering from cyberpsychosis

(excuse my English).

https://b23.tv/XcksEQl

What graphic card you using?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

4 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

What graphic card you using?

4070,I bought it on June 1st

• 2 weeks later...

Can’t believe this is still an issue in 2023…

I moved into a new apartment around 2 months ago (moved from first to second floor in my parents house). Up until a few weeks ago my PC developed this anomaly and all my games look bad. I have really jagged AA, texture, shadow, Z fighting, and object pop in. It’s almost like stuff is just despawning and spawning back in when my character is in motion in a game, it’s especially as bad in Red Dead 2 to the point where I don’t even wanna play the game. It really sucks because I just bought a 4090 from a 3080 ti and was excited to do 4K 120HZ gaming on my LG G3, but now I can’t enjoy shit because of this issue. I also had this problem with my 3080 ti which developed a few weeks ago, I got my 4090 a few days ago and assumed my GPU was dying and this was the reason I was experiencing all these weird graphical anomalies until I was shocked to find out it still existed on the 4090. 

I really don’t have time and motivation to buy a whole new motherboard, ram, psu, SSD, cpu, and gpu all build a fresh rig to see if the problem persists. Upon reading about 50% of the pages in this thread it looks as there is no fix and this once you get this issue, you are essentially fucked. If I can’t fix this issue within 30 days I will return my 4090 and go back to my 3080 ti and quit PC gaming. I think I will only play CSGO/CS2 on my PC and just use it for homework and web browsing. I will just play all other games on my PS5 from now on. I’m honestly shocked this is still an issue and companies like AMD and Nvidia or big tech YouTubers have not addressed or brought at attention to this issue..

It seems updating windows, bios, reset cmos, fresh install of gpu drivers, buying brand new pc part by part, formatting all drives etc doesn’t work , then I don’t even know if it’s worth the hassle. 

If this electricity theory is true, that would mean my PC is infected and I’m fucked ? I’m thinking is it even worth it to try and connect my PC to my old setup on the first floor and see if the issue still persists? Or is that just gonna run the risk of infecting my first floor electricity as well??

Man never thought I would quit PC gaming but this is the end for me. It’s hard to even grasp that an issue like this can exist and nobody can find a fix after 15 years, and the fact that once your pc is infected with this bug or whatever it is, it’s over. 

I also wanted to note this is not psychological, this is real, I have been PC gaming at 4K ultra settings for a long time and I never experienced any shimmery AA and have certainly not experienced any sort of object, texture, shadow, pop in like this. I can clearly remember the exact day when this problem developed because the quality in my ALL games all decreased substantially to the point where I thought my graphics card was dying because of the all the graphical anomalies that were happening. For me the most annoying aspect is the pop in and every game I play there’s multiple objects textures and shadows popping in to 3 meter in front of my player and it is impossible to ignore to the point where I am quitting PC gaming.

If anyone wants me to post a video I will happily do so.

5 hours ago, ThatGuyBenny said:

-snip-

Electricity is electricity. There is one circuit running through your whole house (well different circuits but separated by lights and outlets). I can assure you your "first floor electricity" is the same as the electricity in all your house. You can't "infect" it in any way. "Dirty" electricity is just a way of saying that the conversion from AC to DC is done poorly so there's big drops in voltages in your PC.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

4 hours ago, xFluing said:

Electricity is electricity. There is one circuit running through your whole house (well different circuits but separated by lights and outlets). I can assure you your "first floor electricity" is the same as the electricity in all your house. You can't "infect" it in any way. "Dirty" electricity is just a way of saying that the conversion from AC to DC is done poorly so there's big drops in voltages in your PC.

So that would mean me moving to the second floor to first played no role in having this issue. Is there anything I can try and do? I don’t know if this is a coincidence or not but around the time I developed this issue I got a “Watch Dog Timeout Error” BSOD on Win 11. I think around that time I got that blue screen these pop in, AA, and texture issues started occurring.

I’m trying to show an example of the pop in issue I’m facing but I can attach videos or more than 2 images because it exceeds the 20mb limit, nonetheless I attached one image of Red Dead 2. When I press the right stick button down to do a 180 with my camera, a bunch of buildings, horses, and npcs dissapear. There’s literal buildings popping and npcs popping in and out, it’s like my PC can’t render textures/objects anymore. 

I wouldn’t mind uploading a YT video to demonstrate the issue. 

A38EE7BD-D7B4-485B-9112-05E580593B3A.thumb.png.da433784a64646eaee844be3dbd63e55.png

5 hours ago, xFluing said:

That's not exactly true.

"dirty" electricity is a thing, there's even a video on LTT where they encountered that issue in one of their previous location.

It can be anything, a problematic outlet, old wiring, a poorly made junction somewhere in the walls, a defective circuit breaker, a defective appliance on the same circuit, etc...

Only way to really know is to have the circuits tested by a master electrician (voltage drop, frequency fluctuation, circuit amp load, etc)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

53 minutes ago, WkdPaul said:

That's not exactly true.

"dirty" electricity is a thing, there's even a video on LTT where they encountered that issue in one of their previous location.

It can be anything, a problematic outlet, old wiring, a poorly made junction somewhere in the walls, a defective circuit breaker, a defective appliance on the same circuit, etc...

Only way to really know is to have the circuits tested by a master electrician (voltage drop, frequency fluctuation, circuit amp load, etc)

Would a surge protector protect against dirty electricity ? Or that has nothing to do with it. Also is there anything you guys would recommend me trying?

1 minute ago, ThatGuyBenny said:

Would a surge protector protect against dirty electricity ? Or that has nothing to do with it. Also is there anything you guys would recommend me trying?

A surge protector will be useless in that case, only thing that would help is making sure to fix the issue, of use a UPS.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, WkdPaul said:

A surge protector will be useless in that case, only thing that would help is making sure to fix the issue, of use a UPS.

How does that work? Can you link me one to buy. I am desperate to try anything. I read up and found people discussing UPS and EMI shields, so for the UPS I connect it into the wall plug and then connect all my stuff into the UPS? Does this also act as a surge protector? Thank you for the answers by the way, sorry if I’m coming off as overwhelming or annoying. I’m just super stressed that I bought a 4090 and now I have to deal with this ****. Also if my PC is already infected with the dirty electricity will the UPS still solve the issue? Or will it only prevent it from happening for future builds.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:29 AM, I_dont_know200 said:

There is no such thing as a "virus" transmitted over electricity, thats simply not how this works, else all data of said program would be erased after complete power drainage.

Aswell imagine such a genius program going unnoticed for 10 years lol, and whats the purpose of it.

In case you ment harmfull electricity many people seem to agree (yes that includes IT-Techs and Electricians) that such precise issues can't be caused on so many devices with completly different hardware, atleast thats the information i was able to gather from various people.

To add to all that we had someone on this forum that bought a new PC and didnt use the normal grid instead a generator with his own breaker and even a UPS all that was supervised by an electrician, guess what he still had it….

Reading this post makes me think this is all just a lost cause.. 

6 hours ago, WkdPaul said:

That's not exactly true.

I never said dirty electricity doesn't exist...

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

16 hours ago, ThatGuyBenny said:

Reading this post makes me think this is all just a lost cause.. 

Online UPS doesn't work for me, for me it might be a high frequency signal (EMF) interfering with the PC

6 hours ago, AudAmerica said:

Online UPS doesn't work for me, for me it might be a high frequency signal (EMF) interfering with the PC

My biggest issue is texture/shadow and object pop in. Do you have the same issue? I have literal NPCs, Grass, Cars, and buildings popping in and out in all games. There’s textures and shadows that are 3 meters infront of me loading in like I’m playing on a floppy disk. 

Someone on Reddit said if nothing works buy a UPS and buy a faraday cage then put my future build inside the cage before powering it on to prevent this from ever happening again. If that’s the fucking case I’m just gonna quit PC gaming and use a PS5..

1 hour ago, ThatGuyBenny said:

My biggest issue is texture/shadow and object pop in. Do you have the same issue? I have literal NPCs, Grass, Cars, and buildings popping in and out in all games. There’s textures and shadows that are 3 meters infront of me loading in like I’m playing on a floppy disk. 

yes i have the same problem

1 hour ago, ThatGuyBenny said:

Someone on Reddit said if nothing works buy a UPS and buy a faraday cage then put my future build inside the cage before powering it on to prevent this from ever happening again. If that’s the fucking case I’m just gonna quit PC gaming and use a PS5..

Does your PS5 have the same problem as your PC?

2 hours ago, AudAmerica said:

Does your PS5 have the same problem as your PC?

Nope, it looks exactly how it was day one. My ps5 is in the living room and my PC is in my desk room, they are connected and are 10 meters away from each other. My PS5 and PC are connected through different power outlets though. I’m going to attempt to switch part by part my drives, ram, cpu, gpu (for the third time), motherboard, then psu in this month to see if it solves the issue. I will also wipe my OS and reinstall windows which will prob do nothing. All it will do is make me lose my 500 mod order for Skyrim, rip. If it doesn’t work I’m gonna return everything before my return window for the 4090 expires so I’m not stuck with a 1,800 dollar GPU with a PS1 gaming experience. I guess I will be forced into quiting Pc gaming and sticking to my PS5, maybe I will get a series X as well. I’m not dealing with this shit. I’m not gonna spend my time working like I’m trying to develop a cure for cancer. If I can’t fix this before the end of the month , im sticking to my PS5..

I also thought I should mention my games are also stuttering every since I developed this issue.

So far I have tried:

-Updating Windows 11

-Updating Bios 

-Reinstalling drivers with DDU

-Running Malware scan

-Trying games on both drives regular SSD and NVME.

-Turning off XMP for ram

-Turning off CPU OC (default settings in bios)

-Temps for CPU (40-75C with OC)

-Temps for 4090 FE with no OC (45-72C)

My PC specs if it matters:

i7 9700k

EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 and a 4090 FE

64 GBs Corsair Platinum 3200MHZ DDR4

ASUS Rog Maximus Hero XI Wi-Fi Mobo

1050W EVGA Gold PSU

Corsair 360MM CPU cooler (forgot name)

Crucial SSD 4TB

Samsung Evo 850 2TB NVME SSD

Today I ordered cheap RAM for 70 bucks. 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz it will be fairly easy to switch out and test to see if RAM is the cause of the issue. If not I’ll just return it. Step 2 I will try a new mobo and CPU. I will also try a new 4090 and see what happens. I doubt both of my GPUs are faulty but at this point I’m going to try anything. The last option I would consider is building a new PC from scratch WITH a UPS to rule out the dirty electricity theory. But if this theory is true WHY has someone tried this with no success?? Is it even worth my time and money ? Jesus this is why I’ve always hated PC gaming. Always some problem that requires you to research like I’m trying to build a time machine. At least for consoles you just plug and play and don’t have to worry about this shit. I pay 5 grand for a PC to research how to fix a unknown issue that no one can solve.