Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

Changed out RAM, same issue remains. 

RAM not issue for me ✅.

Will be trying a new 4090 next .

Then a new mobo and CPU.

8CC3BB3A-3535-416F-84B1-226502E1FBD0.jpeg

D95B95C5-D84A-441B-A379-63338C0C239E.jpeg

14 hours ago, ThatGuyBenny said:

Nope, it looks exactly how it was day one. My ps5 is in the living room and my PC is in my desk room, they are connected and are 10 meters away from each other. My PS5 and PC are connected through different power outlets though. I’m going to attempt to switch part by part my drives, ram, cpu, gpu (for the third time), motherboard, then psu in this month to see if it solves the issue. I will also wipe my OS and reinstall windows which will prob do nothing. All it will do is make me lose my 500 mod order for Skyrim, rip. If it doesn’t work I’m gonna return everything before my return window for the 4090 expires so I’m not stuck with a 1,800 dollar GPU with a PS1 gaming experience. I guess I will be forced into quiting Pc gaming and sticking to my PS5, maybe I will get a series X as well. I’m not dealing with this shit. I’m not gonna spend my time working like I’m trying to develop a cure for cancer. If I can’t fix this before the end of the month , im sticking to my PS5..

I also thought I should mention my games are also stuttering every since I developed this issue.

So far I have tried:

-Updating Windows 11

-Updating Bios 

-Reinstalling drivers with DDU

-Running Malware scan

-Trying games on both drives regular SSD and NVME.

-Turning off XMP for ram

-Turning off CPU OC (default settings in bios)

-Temps for CPU (40-75C with OC)

-Temps for 4090 FE with no OC (45-72C)

My PC specs if it matters:

i7 9700k

EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 and a 4090 FE

64 GBs Corsair Platinum 3200MHZ DDR4

ASUS Rog Maximus Hero XI Wi-Fi Mobo

1050W EVGA Gold PSU

Corsair 360MM CPU cooler (forgot name)

Crucial SSD 4TB

Samsung Evo 850 2TB NVME SSD

Today I ordered cheap RAM for 70 bucks. 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz it will be fairly easy to switch out and test to see if RAM is the cause of the issue. If not I’ll just return it. Step 2 I will try a new mobo and CPU. I will also try a new 4090 and see what happens. I doubt both of my GPUs are faulty but at this point I’m going to try anything. The last option I would consider is building a new PC from scratch WITH a UPS to rule out the dirty electricity theory. But if this theory is true WHY has someone tried this with no success?? Is it even worth my time and money ? Jesus this is why I’ve always hated PC gaming. Always some problem that requires you to research like I’m trying to build a time machine. At least for consoles you just plug and play and don’t have to worry about this shit. I pay 5 grand for a PC to research how to fix a unknown issue that no one can solve. 

Bro thanks for the info, this problem has been happening to me since 2018, any hardware/software I've changed hasn't helped, plus it's happening on all my devices...(phone, tv), I think near Some high frequency EMF is turning my hardware and home wiring into damn antennas, your PS5 is fine so please don't plug your PS5 into an outlet on your PC

14 hours ago, ThatGuyBenny said:

Nope, it looks exactly how it was day one. My ps5 is in the living room and my PC is in my desk room, they are connected and are 10 meters away from each other. My PS5 and PC are connected through different power outlets though. I’m going to attempt to switch part by part my drives, ram, cpu, gpu (for the third time), motherboard, then psu in this month to see if it solves the issue. I will also wipe my OS and reinstall windows which will prob do nothing. All it will do is make me lose my 500 mod order for Skyrim, rip. If it doesn’t work I’m gonna return everything before my return window for the 4090 expires so I’m not stuck with a 1,800 dollar GPU with a PS1 gaming experience. I guess I will be forced into quiting Pc gaming and sticking to my PS5, maybe I will get a series X as well. I’m not dealing with this shit. I’m not gonna spend my time working like I’m trying to develop a cure for cancer. If I can’t fix this before the end of the month , im sticking to my PS5..

I also thought I should mention my games are also stuttering every since I developed this issue.

So far I have tried:

-Updating Windows 11

-Updating Bios 

-Reinstalling drivers with DDU

-Running Malware scan

-Trying games on both drives regular SSD and NVME.

-Turning off XMP for ram

-Turning off CPU OC (default settings in bios)

-Temps for CPU (40-75C with OC)

-Temps for 4090 FE with no OC (45-72C)

My PC specs if it matters:

i7 9700k

EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 and a 4090 FE

64 GBs Corsair Platinum 3200MHZ DDR4

ASUS Rog Maximus Hero XI Wi-Fi Mobo

1050W EVGA Gold PSU

Corsair 360MM CPU cooler (forgot name)

Crucial SSD 4TB

Samsung Evo 850 2TB NVME SSD

Today I ordered cheap RAM for 70 bucks. 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz it will be fairly easy to switch out and test to see if RAM is the cause of the issue. If not I’ll just return it. Step 2 I will try a new mobo and CPU. I will also try a new 4090 and see what happens. I doubt both of my GPUs are faulty but at this point I’m going to try anything. The last option I would consider is building a new PC from scratch WITH a UPS to rule out the dirty electricity theory. But if this theory is true WHY has someone tried this with no success?? Is it even worth my time and money ? Jesus this is why I’ve always hated PC gaming. Always some problem that requires you to research like I’m trying to build a time machine. At least for consoles you just plug and play and don’t have to worry about this shit. I pay 5 grand for a PC to research how to fix a unknown issue that no one can solve. 

And another question, is there a flicker when watching a video (youtube) on your PC?

13 hours ago, AudAmerica said:

And another question, is there a flicker when watching a video (youtube) on your PC?

I haven’t used YouTube recently so I can’t confirm, although I will try to test it tonight or tomorrow to let you know.

Edit: no flickering of any sort after 10 minutes of watching Yt videos.

I am thinking of buying a UPS. Does anyone know if this one will work? CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS System, 1500VA/1000W, 12 Outlets, AVR, Mini Tower https://a.co/d/hEGzdtX

it says 1000W max, what if my PC draws more than 1000W? Will it explode or mess up my PC? I don’t want to risk damage. Sorry if I’m sounding stupid but I don’t understand how this stuff works. I plan on getting a i9 13900k so my PC will be pushing that 850-950 limit.

Also I plan on building a new PC from scratch part for part and connecting it into the UPS. This is my only attempt to fix this issue, if this doesn’t work I quit. 

So now does this mean I have to throw out all my Case/tower? All my case fans? My NVME SSDs? I want confirmation before I start this project to completely rule out any variables. 

If I buy the UPS now and connect my current “infected PC” will it infect the UPS? Or will the UPS discard the dirty electricity? Maybe it’s a better option to try my current PC connected to the UPS to see if it fixes anything, even if the dirty electricity theory is true. I’m just exhausting all my options, I don’t want to quit PC gaming. But if this issue remains I really have no choice unfortunately, that is how bad these texture pop ins are. It spoils the experience to the point where I cannot try to ignore the pop in and enjoy the game.

On 7/6/2023 at 9:46 PM, ThatGuyBenny said:

I am thinking of buying a UPS. Does anyone know if this one will work? CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS System, 1500VA/1000W, 12 Outlets, AVR, Mini Tower https://a.co/d/hEGzdtX

it says 1000W max, what if my PC draws more than 1000W? Will it explode or mess up my PC? I don’t want to risk damage. Sorry if I’m sounding stupid but I don’t understand how this stuff works. I plan on getting a i9 13900k so my PC will be pushing that 850-950 limit.

Also I plan on building a new PC from scratch part for part and connecting it into the UPS. This is my only attempt to fix this issue, if this doesn’t work I quit. 

So now does this mean I have to throw out all my Case/tower? All my case fans? My NVME SSDs? I want confirmation before I start this project to completely rule out any variables. 

If I buy the UPS now and connect my current “infected PC” will it infect the UPS? Or will the UPS discard the dirty electricity? Maybe it’s a better option to try my current PC connected to the UPS to see if it fixes anything, even if the dirty electricity theory is true. I’m just exhausting all my options, I don’t want to quit PC gaming. But if this issue remains I really have no choice unfortunately, that is how bad these texture pop ins are. It spoils the experience to the point where I cannot try to ignore the pop in and enjoy the game.

In PC gaming the cpu usually doesn't run at 100% unless you're stress testing software, I'd still recommend a 1500W UPS, if you have an old PC connected to a UPS, try using an offline (battery only ), if the PC recovers on battery power(PC problems go away), it proves that you have some kind of EMI in your circuit, I bought a UPS in 2022 and hooked it up to my PC, unfortunately, didn't help

The time when the UPS uses the battery to power the PC is usually very short (5~10min). Please make sure to test it with a light game, such as CSGO

I don't think it's caused by the electricity itself, it might be some kind of signal disturbance, creeping through the circuit

On 7/6/2023 at 9:46 PM, ThatGuyBenny said:

The UPS will automatically shut down when the PC exceeds the UPS's load power, also, if you decide to rebuild a new PC, make sure to buy brand new parts and completely disconnect from the internet - use a USB/DVD to install windows and connect to the UPS

In addition, I observed that when my PC is running in rain, the color of the display will be improved by 5%~10% (depending on the intensity of the rain). The LOD problem in the game seems to be reduced, and it will also slightly improve my Sound quality, my conclusion is that as rain can weaken some electromagnetic signals in the air, I live on the edge of an industrial area where electromagnetic problems are prominent

So... Here I am after reading ALL replies and NO solutions at all... My current hard: R5 5600g, GTX 1650 OC

All setting to max bla bla bla you know the drill. I used to play in a rx550 2gb of Awesomeness and games looked SO MUCH better even with lower settngs.

RE VIllage

ResidentEvilVillageBiohazardVillageScreenshot2022_10.04-21_18_39_36.thumb.png.c28f73ebfc01153fdbe79140f00b42b9.png

MGSV (its old but i am a fan)Screen3.thumb.png.19f923819fbbf93d0b98c4d74ce96997.png

And last but not least Elden Ring:

EldenRingScreenshot2023_06.27-00_39_39_80.png.c05d5411c73ad63f6e40ecccd4697a39.png

On 7/5/2023 at 1:00 PM, AudAmerica said:

Does your PS5 have the same problem as your PC?

Holy shit… now my PS5 is experiencing horrible texture pop in ALL games.. wtf… this is almost certainly 100000% an electricity issue… 

Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience, I have recently upgraded my old GTX 1060 to an RX 7600 and pretty much immediately had this problem, at first I thought it's "just AMD" or its just the "new immature drivers" but then I started looking this up and the threads on this topic on various website always just end without a solution.

Well, here's my weird experience on this: shortly after getting this card, a did a fresh reinstall of windows, that seems to have helped for a few days, after which the problem gradually came back, then just a few days ago I received my order of a new pcie gen 4 ssd, so I reinstalled windows again and put it on that, this time I was a lot more "aware" of the problem, well, surprisingly for the first day or 2 after doing that, the problems seemed to have been gone, I even remember launching apex for the first time after the second windows reinstall and being surprised at how good the colors looked suddenly, I was also have lower then expected performance and some stutters here and there, but that part seems to be resolved, for now at least, but the shit aliasing, textures popping in and out, and texture bugs still remain

I also replaced my pcie cable of my gpu when I opened up the pc (had a spare one from my PSU) to put in the new ssd, I wonder if that has to do with helping the issues a little bit, as a lot of people are suggesting a power problem.

7 hours ago, R24 said:

Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience, I have recently upgraded my old GTX 1060 to an RX 7600 and pretty much immediately had this problem, at first I thought it's "just AMD" or its just the "new immature drivers" but then I started looking this up and the threads on this topic on various website always just end without a solution.

Well, here's my weird experience on this: shortly after getting this card, a did a fresh reinstall of windows, that seems to have helped for a few days, after which the problem gradually came back, then just a few days ago I received my order of a new pcie gen 4 ssd, so I reinstalled windows again and put it on that, this time I was a lot more "aware" of the problem, well, surprisingly for the first day or 2 after doing that, the problems seemed to have been gone, I even remember launching apex for the first time after the second windows reinstall and being surprised at how good the colors looked suddenly, I was also have lower then expected performance and some stutters here and there, but that part seems to be resolved, for now at least, but the shit aliasing, textures popping in and out, and texture bugs still remain

I also replaced my pcie cable of my gpu when I opened up the pc (had a spare one from my PSU) to put in the new ssd, I wonder if that has to do with helping the issues a little bit, as a lot of people are suggesting a power problem.

I've uploaded an example: 

Also, my specs are: 

Ryzen 5600x with an Arctic 34 duo esports cooler 

MSI B550 Tomahawk  

16GB of Team Group Vulcan ram (2x8) running at 3000

Sapphire pulse RX 7600

Seasonic M12IIM EVO 520w PSU

Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSD + 120gb Kingston SSD

Asus VG248QE monitor connected with displayport 1.4 cable, plus another generic Philips second monitor

Windows 10 Pro

I think if we ever want to somehow get to the bottom of this, we need everyone who has this problem to list down their specs, down to the smallest of details, to see if there's possible a common factor, otherwise I guess it's truly an electricity issue.

This problem also degrades the color transition and color accuracy of the monitor, I tested the color gradient and found some issues

IMG3.png

Hello, everyone.

I have been experiencing the shimmering for about a month now. It started happening suddenly. I know it wasn't there a month ago. I tried just about anything, including testing all different components. A friend's laptop does not have this issue. I would ask him to come to my place to test the "dirty electricity" theory, but if it is true, I don't want his laptop to be fucked by it. Gaming became a nostalgic memory for me, as I cannot enjoy it as much anymore. If anyone finds the solution, I would be willing to pay money as a reward, as would others, I'm sure.

My only hope is that it will stop once I move to a different apartment in about a year. If not, I guess I will have to find a new passion and quit PC gaming. Maybe calisthenics, work out, get shredded...😅

Who knew AA shimmering could be a source of this much pain for so many people...

Built a new PC ENTIRELY AND bought a UPS BATTERY….

Same Issue Remains…..

The only things I kept from my prior build were the same Case and case fans… that’s it. I did a fresh install of windows 11 from a usb drive on a new NVME SSD with a new GPU, CPU, MOBO, RAM, CPU Cooler, PSU etc…

I’m completely out of ideas, if the cause of this issue was electricity how come a Cyberpower Pure Sinewave UPS couldn’t solve it? Is there more going on with electricity that we yet still don’t understand? 

I was thinking maybe the theory that this “issue” was here the whole time and it was only till now I realized it. Because how the fuck could this problem still be there after building a whole new PC with a UPS… and the fact that people have moved houses multiple times and built new PCs and still have the problem. The fact that no major tech YouTubers or even NVIDIA, AMD, Microsoft etc. has acknowledged or solved the problem after a decade makes me think… maybe this is normal and I only just now noticed it? Hell I even started noticing shimmery AA and low draw distance/texture pop in on my PS5 a few days later it developed/I noticed it on my PC. So this cannot be a software Windows issue nor a driver issue if it is also occurring on a console (my ps5)… either it’s some sort of sophisticated electrical issue or EMI, and if that’s the case this issue is likely way out of all of our hands and we are bound to just live with it.

I just find it hard to believe that an issue like this can survive and transmit to freshly built new PCs, OS wipes, moving to different countries/houses. How can a virus transmit to completely new PCs with a new drive? How can electricity be the issue if people have moved to new countries and bought brand new PCs while having the issue remain? I don’t know but I’m starting to lose faith in believing this is real now. Like I don’t remember my games looking like this but I have a hard time wrapping my head around how there is no fix after a decade and after people have moved to new countries and built new PCs with no fix!

Also I was watching YouTube videos of random playthroughs on PC and console of the games that had texture pop ins and I noticed in every singe video the YouTubers have the same pop in I was experiencing. Unless this is a super wide spread issue affecting like 30-40% of gamers, I’m starting to think these issues we are discussing actually always been there. I hate to say it, but I think this is the only logical

conclusion, and I really don’t know how it it took one day to notice this and obsess about the issue leading me to this forum.

In all honestly i don’t know what to do or think at this point, I quit I suppose, this problem if there is any looks like it’s here to stay. GG. 

6 hours ago, ThatGuyBenny said:

Also I was watching YouTube videos of random playthroughs on PC and console of the games that had texture pop ins and I noticed in every singe video the YouTubers have the same pop in I was experiencing. Unless this is a super wide spread issue affecting like 30-40% of gamers, I’m starting to think these issues we are discussing actually always been there. I hate to say it, but I think this is the only logical

conclusion, and I really don’t know how it it took one day to notice this and obsess about the issue leading me to this forum.

Yep, once you noticed it, it can't be unseen. I posted a video of jagged/aliasing shadows in Assetto Corsa  many many pages ago and thinking it's a new graphical issue but when i checked my older screenshots I noticed that the "issue" was already there many years before that. 

I've concluded that this issue is mostly related to 

• game engine (eg: use of dithering effect for transparent object like hair like in Monster Hunter)
  • "optimization" by game dev (eg: pop-in in GTA5/BDO, lower shadow resolution, weak texture filtering)
  • downscaling/compression artifact? (eg: Youtube videos)

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Yep, once you noticed it, it can't be unseen. I posted a video of jagged/aliasing shadows in Assetto Corsa  many many pages ago and thinking it's a new graphical issue but when i checked my older screenshots I noticed that the "issue" was already there many years before that. 

I've concluded that this issue is mostly related to 

• game engine (eg: use of dithering effect for transparent object like hair like in Monster Hunter)
  • "optimization" by game dev (eg: pop-in in GTA5/BDO, lower shadow resolution, weak texture filtering)
  • downscaling/compression artifact? (eg: Youtube videos)

To be fair I did upgrade from a 48 inch oled to a 65 inch oled and maybe the bigger screen size gave a magnifying lens affect and caused me to notice all these weird graphical anomalies that I couldn’t notice on the 48 inch. It’s very distracting to enjoy any game now, literally every single game I search for pop in and guess what, every game has TERRIBLE pop in, can’t believe I played games for all these years and didn’t notice it until now. 

Also the bigger screen size 48 to 65 should have a worse PPI which is also maybe why AA is looking more shimmery on my 65 than on my 48. 

On 7/23/2023 at 5:02 AM, ThatGuyBenny said:

Same Issue Remains…..

The only things I kept from my prior build were the same Case and case fans… that’s it. I did a fresh install of windows 11 from a usb drive on a new NVME SSD with a new GPU, CPU, MOBO, RAM, CPU Cooler, PSU etc…

I’m completely out of ideas, if the cause of this issue was electricity how come a Cyberpower Pure Sinewave UPS couldn’t solve it? Is there more going on with electricity that we yet still don’t understand? 

I was thinking maybe the theory that this “issue” was here the whole time and it was only till now I realized it. Because how the fuck could this problem still be there after building a whole new PC with a UPS… and the fact that people have moved houses multiple times and built new PCs and still have the problem. The fact that no major tech YouTubers or even NVIDIA, AMD, Microsoft etc. has acknowledged or solved the problem after a decade makes me think… maybe this is normal and I only just now noticed it? Hell I even started noticing shimmery AA and low draw distance/texture pop in on my PS5 a few days later it developed/I noticed it on my PC. So this cannot be a software Windows issue nor a driver issue if it is also occurring on a console (my ps5)… either it’s some sort of sophisticated electrical issue or EMI, and if that’s the case this issue is likely way out of all of our hands and we are bound to just live with it.

I just find it hard to believe that an issue like this can survive and transmit to freshly built new PCs, OS wipes, moving to different countries/houses. How can a virus transmit to completely new PCs with a new drive? How can electricity be the issue if people have moved to new countries and bought brand new PCs while having the issue remain? I don’t know but I’m starting to lose faith in believing this is real now. Like I don’t remember my games looking like this but I have a hard time wrapping my head around how there is no fix after a decade and after people have moved to new countries and built new PCs with no fix!

In all honestly i don’t know what to do or think at this point, I quit I suppose, this problem if there is any looks like it’s here to stay. GG. 

I thought the same, until I saw that my cousin does not have this in his games.

Maybe the Sun is to blame? Solar activity has been weird this past solar cycle.

Anyway, it is absolutely irrelevant, we will not solve it.

We have two options: we either learn to live with it, or quit gaming altogether.

I think its EMI.. this EMI also affects the video output, causing the difference we watch from the original video

my point is WHEN YOU WATCH A YOUTUBE VIDEO AND SEE POP INS AND SHIMMERING ON THAT SAME 'INFECTED' SYSTEM, the video SOMEHOW turns to be distorded for you to see it like this.

I can ensure you all that those STREAMS and videos that you watch ARE NOT THE WAY YOU SEE THEM ON YOUR DEVICE for the original source..

its just like the 'problem' occures on ALREADY recorded vidoes.......

that problem was not there all the time as some of you mentioned. 

if you have an old footage of your gaming, and you are sure that problem was not there at the time, YOU WILL NOW SEE THE POPINS AND SHIMMERING ON the video you recorderd 'CLEAN' back then, BECAUSE your displaydevice is NOW broken and it will appear broken NO MATHER THE SOURCE (clean or not)

its not the way it was recorded, rather the way you DISPLAY it now, on a house full of EMI or bad electricity.

ask a friend who doesn't have them, to record a gameplay and play it ON YOUR PC.... you will ALWAYS see those display distortions, because your device somehow interference with something in your home, either Electromagnetic interference from some other source or 'bad electricity' as some of you call it

sorry for my poor english, hope you get the point

On 7/23/2023 at 6:02 AM, ThatGuyBenny said:

Same Issue Remains…..

71175179251__D5AD551A-964D-41C3-86F3-F9479391C65C.mov 8.85 MB · 0 downloads

could still technically be a virus if you used your old usb drive, or if the pc you downloaded windows from was 'infected'

not saying it is, just that it's possible 

1 hour ago, R24 said:

could still technically be a virus if you used your old usb drive, or if the pc you downloaded windows from was 'infected'

Maybe we could try buying a new USB, download windows from a computer without the Problem and just boot directly to it, install Windows. If your "virus" theory is true, the issue should not be there.

6 hours ago, Thomas1296 said:

Maybe we could try buying a new USB, download windows from a computer without the Problem and just boot directly to it, install Windows. If your "virus" theory is true, the issue should not be there.

8 hours ago, R24 said:

I forgot to specify I downloaded windows 11 iso from my sisters laptop which was in a different house from mine. And this was a new/fresh usb I bought from Amazon.

15 hours ago, ThatGuyBenny said:

I forgot to specify I downloaded windows 11 iso from my sisters laptop which was in a different house from mine. And this was a new/fresh usb I bought from Amazon.

Then the virus theory holds little water.

I discovered that the issue is made worse by higher quality ambient occlusion, although turning off ambient occlusion does not fix it.

I will do some testing today on a known good system without the issue. I hope I can find a way to replicate this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I found this comment on a random YouTube video, the guy claims these Nvidia settings fixes texture pop in. I have tried them but it didn’t fix the issue, although people in the comments claimed it fixed it for them, so I thought I should post for some of you to try. 

IMG_6593.png

IMG_6594.png

IMG_6595.png

IMG_6596.png

IMG_6588.thumb.png.812ed298ce7e5726b4d46aa40c7c80d3.png

I also found another “solution” that claims it’s a crypto mining virus and the hacker somehow gets in through your Microsoft account. Honestly this sounds incredibly far fetched and I’m definitely not gonna spend money on a new Windows 11 key for a 0.1% chance to be a real fix. 

Can anyone here run GPU Caps Viewer and see if it “fails or is missing an API”, I doubt this guys theory is true, but who knows.

On 8/8/2023 at 5:02 PM, ThatGuyBenny said:

IMG_6588.thumb.png.812ed298ce7e5726b4d46aa40c7c80d3.png

I also found another “solution” that claims it’s a crypto mining virus and the hacker somehow gets in through your Microsoft account. Honestly this sounds incredibly far fetched and I’m definitely not gonna spend money on a new Windows 11 key for a 0.1% chance to be a real fix. 

Can anyone here run GPU Caps Viewer and see if it “fails or is missing an API”, I doubt this guys theory is true, but who knows.

I think it's bull. If it were a crypto mining virus, why would it just mess up post-processing? I never noticed performance degradation or unusual GPU usage. Some users also flashed the GPU BIOS and it did not fix the issue. VRAM is volatile, so any malware would get wiped as soon as the GPU lost power.

Shader cache might hold some malware, but that would also get wiped by formatting.

Malware is out of the question because the issue is present on non-Windows devices and I refuse to believe someone would make a crypto mining virus that is able to cross not only devices, but operating kernels as well.