Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

3 hours ago, Colonizor48 said:

Update, poking around with some linux crap, turns out I was using my intel IGPU instead of the NVIDIA one, I still notice the issue, but it's barely noticeable with Antisropic filtering and 16x AA. I have charged it in my house, but the battery should have "purrrified" any dirty electricity.

Hey bro how far are we from the truth? This problem has caused me depression and insomnia.🤕

37 minutes ago, weijier said:

Hey bro how far are we from the truth? This problem has caused me depression and insomnia.🤕

You're not ready for the truth. 👀

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

44 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

You're not ready for the truth. 👀

No, I'm ready😭

wow also on phones? Btw iv tested my gaming laptop with even older nvidia drivers and guess what? I have the same identical issue, whats happening 

1 hour ago, Papashvili said:

wow also on phones? Btw iv tested my gaming laptop with even older nvidia drivers and guess what? I have the same identical issue, whats happening 

It happens to all my devices, power or the devil idk😈

12 hours ago, weijier said:

No, I'm ready😭

1) It's been there since the beginning and you only noticed it now
2) Developers optimized their game/software for better performance and this was the result of it. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Does anyone have any ideas? 

4 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

2) Developers optimized their game/software for better performance and this was the result of it. 

To be honest, I got this problem on my pc four years ago. So after using it for six months, I sold it out. One year later, I bought a ps4. Then I bought a laptop and a switch. They are all normal graphics.I mean I noticed this issue four years ago. I played games with normal graphics for three years. I know the difference between problematic gra phics and normal graphic. A week ago, my newly built PC encountered this issue again. I thought it had disappeared three years ago, which troubled me a lot. I really want to know the truth

On 1/6/2024 at 2:18 AM, Papashvili said:

HI

I purchased a gaming PC some time ago and it has always worked perfectly but recently I have noticed something unpleasant during gaming sessions: the shadows are pixelated and there is a noticeable amount of flickering that is decidedly annoying. To try to resolve it, I downgraded the drivers but it didn't work. I also tried to do a DDU. I updated the motherboard BIOS but nothing. The temperatures are normal both in IDLE and full Throttle however, as per the screenshot I noticed that the reading of the voltages of the connectors apparently seems ambiguous however in terms of stability I have not encountered any problems at all, never BSOD, never slowdowns, nothing that suggests a hardware problem, my config is the following:

I7 12700KF (Liquid heatsink with two fans)
Power supply AZZA 750w Gold
MSI Z690-Pro
RTX 3080 Gainward 10gb (drivers 546.33 currently installed)
32GB RAM DDR4 3200 with active profile
1tb ssd nvme ADATA
1tb ssd nvme Crucial
Acer 1080p max 75hz refresh vsync monitor

I also tried changing the HDMI cable to the monitor with 0 results I'm absolutely sure it didn't have this problem a while ago and it came out suddenly. Unfortunately I have no possibility of testing another VGA or using the RTX on another PC.

What else can I do to try to solve this annoying problem?

Thank you all for your cooperation

EDIT: i have tried to use 0.5 refresh rate on the sensors and i dont have anymore strange readings

kenshi.png

warframe.png

temp2.gif

temps.gif

how you get voltage option in GPU z ?

Meu PC é um Xeon X99 Turbo com uma GTX 1060 e 16 GB de RAM. Antes desse problema começar, eu tinha feito overclock na minha placa-mãe. Meu PC funcionou normalmente por um mês, só que teve um dia em que eu e meus amigos estávamos jogando um jogo de luta chamado Mortal Kombat 11, quando simplesmente ele congelou completamente a tela. Eu reiniciei o PC e ele ligou normalmente. Tentei entrar no jogo e também funcionou normalmente, só que quando eu começava a jogar, depois de 2 minutos de gameplay, ele congelava a tela de novo em qualquer jogo pesado. Descobri que o problema era a fonte, troquei e coloquei uma de 750 e resolveu meu problema. Mas depois de alguns dias, meu PC começou a dar problema nos gráficos de todos os jogos e também perdeu desempenho.

On 1/18/2024 at 12:09 AM, Christian Veiga said:

The year is 2024, Just bought a new PC and i have the same issues in almost every recent games. So sad.

All you guys that still have these issues have you ever tried with the same account to which your games are associated with install them in another house/pc that you know is fine and see if the issues are still there?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, it's my first time here, I've had this problem for two years, I've built more than 5 completely new computers and no solution.
Several different monitors, both new, I've already moved house, unfortunately this is something that can't be solved, I've given up, I'm in a deep depression, I hope someday to know the real reason for this, very sad all this, I will never forget the moments of happiness that I lived, it was very good to play without seeing these problems, after you start seeing this, it's impossible not to notice, I also see this on my tv, cell phone and laptop. 

To this day, I still strongly believe that it is something related to electrical energy or electromagnetic interference.

Many call it “brain failure” or some psychological problem, but for me it is impossible to accept this, I've always noticed scenes and graphics a lot. I am absolutely sure that before this everything was normal, everything happened to me, after a power outage. 

19 hours ago, Ancient said:

Many call it “brain failure” or some psychological problem, but for me it is impossible to accept this, I've always noticed scenes and graphics a lot. I am absolutely sure that before this everything was normal, everything happened to me, after a power outage. 

Brother, idk why some peoples insist in calling "brain problem" or "hardware problem" they don't know what they are talking. I 1000% sure this is a electromagnetic/electrical problem. Just go to any friend house or shopping and you don't see this problems on displays. 😮

This is not a curse, not a brain problem, just a really bad luck. Unfortunally this shit happened to us.

Since 2018 I can't play any game normal.  Apex/any 3d game without TAA in high, and even with filters the game just look garbage and blurry. 

And there's no point in recording it, the problem isn't with the GPU, it's with how the display shows the image for YOU, if it wasn't, my cell phone/televisions wouldn't have this problem. 

Honestly, the only solution I can think of is to move to a place far away from it and pray.

On 1/7/2024 at 2:18 PM, xAcid9 said:

Don't spread nonsense like this. All my graphics were perfect, except for my GPU's temps. It started after I repasted the card very poorly. Went away by 80% after getting a new mobo, cpu and gpu, just to come back 2 days later almost as bad as when it started. There's a hard to understand interaction between electricity and computers that specifically screw with draw distance and bring jagged lines. Some get both, some 1 of the 2.

Yep, some people get jagged game the first time they play it

Good evening, my long journey of torment is finally over.

My story: Installed a Windows 10 update around 4 years ago and everything went to hell. No more anti-aliasing on my computer, jagged edges, washed up fonts on desktop, low LOD (like a high quality bubble in close distance but bad image quality further away).

I stopped gaming for the most part because of that but researched into this issue from time to time over the past years. A month ago i built a new pc and when i hoped that this issue finally stopped, the first look at the desktop after the very first windows 11 installation almost made me throw my turtle out of the window. It was literally the same crap all over again. A friend of mine (engineer in micro-electronics) told me that issues with the power supply can actually compromise a systems performance without stopping it from running. However, our issue baffled him when i showed him my computer. Although he is not a gamer at all, he realized quickly that something was wrong with the image quality, especially when seeing the weird LOD behavior. He did quite a bit of testing with regards to my power supply in my home and everything was fine. Addtionally, he took my computer to his company where some of the senior engineers looked over it. They checked voltages and power supply for every single component and found nothing wrong. And since some other users here wrote about a sort of "spread" to other devices, i personally cannot confirm that. Besides from my computer, i own a mobile phone and tablet which both have been connected to my old and new computer several times. Both are working fine.

Since it surprised me that the issue was present on my new computer with brand new hardware, i thought to myself: What is the connection between both systems? The answer was quite obvious. I downloaded the Windows 11 files on the old computer, made a bootable usb-stick and installed Windows 11 on my new system from it. Another friend of mine does not have this issue and so i asked him, if he could prepare an usb-stick for me. I reinstalled Windows 11 from it, but did not have a connection to the internet during installation since i encountered that problem after an update back then. Additionally, i also prepared a second stick with my gpu drivers (AMD user). As expected, the screen turned black a couple of times before it changed to my native resoltion (1920x1080) and BOOM, it was clear. Crystal clear as it once was. Then i updated windows again but image continued to be clear. I installed some games right after to check if the issue was actually gone. I had no weird jagged edges or any sort of low LOD while playing (Battlefield 2042 and World of Warcraft). I repeated the same process on my old system with the same results. Furthermore, i was interesed in reproducing that issue on my old system. So i took the stick with the corrupted version i prepared back then for my new system. I installed Windows 11 on my old sytem like i used to (internet on, no drivers prepared on usb etc.). The issue came back again. Seriously, i have no idea what the hell is going on.

In case you have not tried it with "clean" installation files from an uncorrupted system, you maybe want to give it a try. Additionally, please let me and most importantly other suffering souls in here know if it worked or not.

Greetings from Germany

9 hours ago, NKLS92 said:

My story: Installed a Windows 10 update around 4 years ago and everything went to hell. No more anti-aliasing on my computer, jagged edges, washed up fonts on desktop, low LOD (like a high quality bubble in close distance but bad image quality further away).

I stopped gaming for the most part because of that but researched into this issue from time to time over the past years. A month ago i built a new pc and when i hoped that this issue finally stopped, the first look at the desktop after the very first windows 11 installation almost made me throw my turtle out of the window. It was literally the same crap all over again. A friend of mine (engineer in micro-electronics) told me that issues with the power supply can actually compromise a systems performance without stopping it from running. However, our issue baffled him when i showed him my computer. Although he is not a gamer at all, he realized quickly that something was wrong with the image quality, especially when seeing the weird LOD behavior. He did quite a bit of testing with regards to my power supply in my home and everything was fine. Addtionally, he took my computer to his company where some of the senior engineers looked over it. They checked voltages and power supply for every single component and found nothing wrong. And since some other users here wrote about a sort of "spread" to other devices, i personally cannot confirm that. Besides from my computer, i own a mobile phone and tablet which both have been connected to my old and new computer several times. Both are working fine.

Since it surprised me that the issue was present on my new computer with brand new hardware, i thought to myself: What is the connection between both systems? The answer was quite obvious. I downloaded the Windows 11 files on the old computer, made a bootable usb-stick and installed Windows 11 on my new system from it. Another friend of mine does not have this issue and so i asked him, if he could prepare an usb-stick for me. I reinstalled Windows 11 from it, but did not have a connection to the internet during installation since i encountered that problem after an update back then. Additionally, i also prepared a second stick with my gpu drivers (AMD user). As expected, the screen turned black a couple of times before it changed to my native resoltion (1920x1080) and BOOM, it was clear. Crystal clear as it once was. Then i updated windows again but image continued to be clear. I installed some games right after to check if the issue was actually gone. I had no weird jagged edges or any sort of low LOD while playing (Battlefield 2042 and World of Warcraft). I repeated the same process on my old system with the same results. Furthermore, i was interesed in reproducing that issue on my old system. So i took the stick with the corrupted version i prepared back then for my new system. I installed Windows 11 on my old sytem like i used to (internet on, no drivers prepared on usb etc.). The issue came back again. Seriously, i have no idea what the hell is going on.

In case you have not tried it with "clean" installation files from an uncorrupted system, you maybe want to give it a try. Additionally, please let me and most importantly other suffering souls in here know if it worked or not.

Greetings from Germany

Congratulations, but I don't think this is a real fix

On 2/15/2024 at 7:16 PM, NKLS92 said:

Greetings from Germany

Will try this as soon as I can. No high hopes here, but it's worth a try I guess.

Hello fellas,

just came home from work and and the same issue occured again. The clean installation with my friends USB-stick did not reverse anything this time 😕 Is there still a discord server?

Best regards

On 2/15/2024 at 6:16 PM, NKLS92 said:

Greetings from Germany

I will try it again do what you did, i think already did that years ago and did not solve the issues, but let's try it again. Only if could be that easy.